Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

TheresaSmith Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2011 6:44:33 PM(UTC)
TheresaSmith

Groups: Registered

I have been a member since 2006 and never used this message board before. I have the original expression machine and have no problems with it. I recently wanted to upgrade to the E2 or the E2 5th anniversary edition. I have been getting mixed reviews on these machines and do not know if it would be wise to buy at all. What is the difference between the E2 and the E2 5th anniversary edition other than getting 4 cartridges instead of 2? I thought it would be better to have a machine that cuts 12 inch paper. Does it really make a difference? I also purchased the gypsy a while back and had some issues with it. I finally returned it 2 weeks ago and am waiting for a new one. I had no problems when I called PC. I really love the cricut and its cartridges but would love to have the best and latest machine. Feedback would be appreciated since I am more confused than ever.BigGrin
Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 15, 2011 12:42:00 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7567 time(s) in 3531 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TheresaSmith Go to Quoted Post
I have been a member since 2006 and never used this message board before. I have the original expression machine and have no problems with it. I recently wanted to upgrade to the E2 or the E2 5th anniversary edition. I have been getting mixed reviews on these machines and do not know if it would be wise to buy at all. What is the difference between the E2 and the E2 5th anniversary edition other than getting 4 cartridges instead of 2? I thought it would be better to have a machine that cuts 12 inch paper. Does it really make a difference? I also purchased the gypsy a while back and had some issues with it. I finally returned it 2 weeks ago and am waiting for a new one. I had no problems when I called PC. I really love the cricut and its cartridges but would love to have the best and latest machine. Feedback would be appreciated since I am more confused than ever.BigGrin

I think the main difference is the built in carts and the colour of the side panels. I think also the E2 comes with the wifi connector whereas the E2 Anniversary edition doesn't and has to be ordered separately.
 1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
TheresaSmith on 10/15/2011(UTC)
Snoopygirl Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 9:46:53 AM(UTC)
Snoopygirl

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 243 time(s) in 105 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TheresaSmith Go to Quoted Post

I wonder, do you mean you have the original Cricut ("baby bug"), rather than the original Expression? If you have the Expression, you can already cut 12x12 paper. If you've got just the original Cricut machine, then I'd definitely recommend upgrading to an Expression!! If the two additional cartridges on the Anniversary Edition don't seem like must-haves to you, then I'd probably get the E2!