Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Olivia'sNana Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2011 8:04:49 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 779 time(s) in 351 post(s)
Well didn't think I would ever want to use ccr but just for fun, logged on, got in and with some exceptions i'm liking it. Didn't think originaly I would use it because I was not able to get internet in my basement craftroom. - my son, the smart tech guy he is, was able to fix that problem. Anyway as 100% ds user, I can see where the ccr is a much improvement and now thanks to my son, I will be using it a lot.

here is my questions -

how do you use the shift key letters (caps) in the text box? I cannot figure for the life of me how to do that.

and

I cannot find Life's A Party in the cart library - is it not there or am I missing it?

I apoligize if these are repeat questions, but I have never had any luck with the info search.

Thanks for your help

JodiBarber Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2011 8:54:32 AM(UTC)
JodiBarber

Was thanked: 110 time(s) in 77 post(s)
K I only now this because I wondered the same thing so I just tried it and it worked turn on caps lock
mallorym Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2011 11:33:43 AM(UTC)
mallorym

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered, Cricut Community Moderator
United States

Was thanked: 338 time(s) in 120 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Olivia's Nana Go to Quoted Post
Well didn't think I would ever want to use ccr but just for fun, logged on, got in and with some exceptions i'm liking it. Didn't think originaly I would use it because I was not able to get internet in my basement craftroom. - my son, the smart tech guy he is, was able to fix that problem. Anyway as 100% ds user, I can see where the ccr is a much improvement and now thanks to my son, I will be using it a lot.

here is my questions -

how do you use the shift key letters (caps) in the text box? I cannot figure for the life of me how to do that.

and

I cannot find Life's A Party in the cart library - is it not there or am I missing it?

I apoligize if these are repeat questions, but I have never had any luck with the info search.

Thanks for your help

So glad that you are finding Craft Room a useful design tool!

There are a few cartridges that can be tricky to find and this is one of them. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the Cartridges list and you should see this cartridge listed under 3 Birds – Life’s a Party.

Like JodiBarber said, using the shift key when typing in the text box should work for most cartridges. If the cartridge you are using has more than 1 font/creative feature on it, you can change the Creative Feature being used--go to the FONTS tab along the left hand side and select from the "Creative Feature" drop down menu.

As an FYI: there are several cartridges that are not currently functioning properly in the text box feature. We are working on these problems.
Olivia'sNana Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2011 12:30:43 PM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 779 time(s) in 351 post(s)
thanks so much to both of you, Using the shift key seemed to be the obvious answer, but I could almost swear that I tried using the shift key but it didn't work for me. I will try again on different carts.

Thanks again.
lovethatbug Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2011 5:45:16 PM(UTC)
lovethatbug

Was thanked: 327 time(s) in 228 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mallorym Go to Quoted Post

As an FYI: there are several cartridges that are not currently functioning properly in the text box feature. We are working on these problems.

Soooo happy to hear you say that or type that, I thought I was going crazy because a lot of my cartridges weren't working. LOL
GypsyBoricua Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2011 11:52:33 AM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 698 time(s) in 363 post(s)
Can we have a sticky with the cartridges that are working or that are not working. I have over 70 cartridges and it is frustrating to use CCR and when I go to cut, it is a cartridge that is not working.

With a list we can cut down on our frustrations, ink and paper until all the carts work.

Thanks!
mallorym Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2011 1:18:35 PM(UTC)
mallorym

United States

Originally Posted by: GypsyBoricua Go to Quoted Post
Can we have a sticky with the cartridges that are working or that are not working. I have over 70 cartridges and it is frustrating to use CCR and when I go to cut, it is a cartridge that is not working.

With a list we can cut down on our frustrations, ink and paper until all the carts work.

Thanks!

To clarify my earlier statement, there are several cartridges not typing correctly with the text box feature. If you use the text box feature and select certain cartridges, you will find that instead of your text, random images or no images appear on the mat. You'll notice this result immediately. We are working on fixing this feature, but in the meantime you can still add each letter to the mat individually from the overlay view.

This is different than the cartridge not being detected by the application. I am only aware of four cartridges that are regularly not being detected: Art Philosophy, Pagoda, Celebrate with Flourish, and Black and White. The program should be detecting all other cartridges. Some users are having problems getting Craft Room to detect any cartridges. I believe this has to do with either their internet, antivirus program, or something else specific to their computer system.

Mallory
LizzyCz Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2011 7:52:22 AM(UTC)
LizzyCz

United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 20 post(s)
I am having problems with Simply Scarecrow. I can find it on the list but it won't allow me to place the images on the mat, so I can't cut with that cartridge. And in order to see the images, I have to do a search for them. It will not bring them up just clicking on the title. I am still getting the errors when I use my Imagine, just thought I would mention that.
Thanks, Lizzy
mallorym Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2011 1:21:19 PM(UTC)
mallorym

United States

Originally Posted by: LizzyCz Go to Quoted Post
I am having problems with Simply Scarecrow. I can find it on the list but it won't allow me to place the images on the mat, so I can't cut with that cartridge. And in order to see the images, I have to do a search for them. It will not bring them up just clicking on the title. I am still getting the errors when I use my Imagine, just thought I would mention that.
Thanks, Lizzy

I've been looking into the issue with Simply Scarecrow. I think something might have gotten mixed up when it was loaded to the server. Hopefully we can get that fixed soon.
LizzyCz Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 8:29:14 AM(UTC)
LizzyCz

United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Thanks Mallory for your reply on my Simply Scarcrow cart. I can use it with my gypsy and imagine, so until it is fixed I will go that route.BigGrin