Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

starcommander Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 04, 2011 8:51:57 AM(UTC)
starcommander

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 160 time(s) in 93 post(s)
Hi everyone
I have been creating oodles of shirts with my 110 screen and tried only one with the 220 and I wasn't too impressed with the results using the 220. Can someone clarify the best uses for each screen 110 ,220, and the 70?

Thanks
Patty
NewfyMom Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 04, 2011 3:46:10 PM(UTC)
NewfyMom

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 205 time(s) in 126 post(s)
70 has fewer holes and bigger space: Glue, large area of ink, No Detail work

110 is standard (yes?): 14pt font or larger is best. Great for Tshirts with design with wider lines and bold/large fonts

220 is the new one: Can print 12pt (so I hear) so detail designs, swirls, invites, and lines that are less than 1/8"

Basically they added 220 so people could do wedding invitations and more detailed artwork for screenprint framed art. There were several people on the old MB that had a machine that I can't remember the name of, but it started with a G?. Sorry. Anyway is was a common machine that printers were using and the company went belly up or it was no longer supported and PC saw an opportunity to pick up the slack. The problem turned out, not only was the 110 scree an issue, but there is also too much play in the lid. So they lost that market share. It's been fun to watch all this unfold. That old message board in it's youth was very cool to hear all the chatter. I just easedropped (sp) mostly. It's WAY over my head.

Hope that helps

*Here is Heatherjeany's Etsy site. She has used the Yudu for some of the things you see on her site.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/heatherjeany

Edited by user Sunday, September 04, 2011 7:46:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked NewfyMom for this useful post.
Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com on 9/5/2011(UTC), starcommander on 10/18/2011(UTC)