Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

ReenyBug Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2011 9:09:54 PM(UTC)
ReenyBug

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 369 time(s) in 215 post(s)
I was playing with my newest cart Love You A Latte and had some problems with the cut and paste feature. Thought I'd run it by here and see if anyone has an answer. Probably just something ridiculously stupid I'm doing wrong....

Chose the Frappe glass with straw which included the base cut and some layers. I colored the pieces with Imagine Buccaneer. All items were placed on one half of the mat and I wanted a second identical set of images on the other half of the mat. When I tried to group them all so I could copy and paste the group, all of the pieces changed color to the base cut color. After several attempts and much frustration, I ungrouped and individually selected each piece beginning with the base cut. Clicked on copy and then clicked my curser on the unused second half of my mat. The cut went on top of the original base cut. Not really a big deal so I just drug it to the area I wanted it. Next selected one of the layers, clicked copy, clicked my curser on the desired location on unused portion of mat and again the layer appeared on top of my original base cut. Wouldn't be such a big deal except that the layer changed color to the color of the base cut. Not at all good.

So, my question is really how do I copy and paste items to specific locations on the mat as even when I clicked to the area I wanted the curser did not appear. And why all the craziness with the color changes??? Help!!
Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2011 9:53:39 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7593 time(s) in 3543 post(s)
I'll take a look at that as soon as I get back from picking my kids up from school ReenyBug.

(From what I remember you can't select where you want the object to be pasted. It usually pasted beside the original or directly underneath it.)
Narelle Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2011 4:48:23 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7593 time(s) in 3543 post(s)
I had time to have a play.

I followed your steps and placed the 4 parts of the frappe glass on the mat, then coloured each one a different colour. After I grouped them I had the same result as you, except only my 2nd object changed to the same colour as the first.

I then copied the group to the clipboard and pasted it. Mine pasted directly underneath the first group.

After some testing here is what works the easiest for me.

Place the 4 objects on the mat
Group them
Then click on the Edit Group button (bottom left of the selected group)
Click on each object and change its colour
Press Exit to go back to the mat

Then do your copy and paste. Hopefully yours will be placed underneath as well.

Here's what my mat looked like after I pasted it a couple of times.

mallorym Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2011 1:10:27 PM(UTC)
mallorym

Groups: Circle Member, Registered, Cricut Community Moderator
United States

Was thanked: 338 time(s) in 120 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ReenyBug Go to Quoted Post
I was playing with my newest cart Love You A Latte and had some problems with the cut and paste feature. Thought I'd run it by here and see if anyone has an answer. Probably just something ridiculously stupid I'm doing wrong....

Chose the Frappe glass with straw which included the base cut and some layers. I colored the pieces with Imagine Buccaneer. All items were placed on one half of the mat and I wanted a second identical set of images on the other half of the mat. When I tried to group them all so I could copy and paste the group, all of the pieces changed color to the base cut color. After several attempts and much frustration, I ungrouped and individually selected each piece beginning with the base cut. Clicked on copy and then clicked my curser on the unused second half of my mat. The cut went on top of the original base cut. Not really a big deal so I just drug it to the area I wanted it. Next selected one of the layers, clicked copy, clicked my curser on the desired location on unused portion of mat and again the layer appeared on top of my original base cut. Wouldn't be such a big deal except that the layer changed color to the color of the base cut. Not at all good.

So, my question is really how do I copy and paste items to specific locations on the mat as even when I clicked to the area I wanted the curser did not appear. And why all the craziness with the color changes??? Help!!

Very strange! I think this is a bug, and I've reported it to those who can fix it. You might try just highlighting the images and clicking copy/paste without grouping first.

Edited by user Thursday, November 10, 2011 4:17:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ReenyBug Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2011 6:12:48 PM(UTC)
ReenyBug

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 369 time(s) in 215 post(s)
Thank you for you help and input Narelle and Mallory. I will put it to the test later tonight or tomorrow and report back results. ThumpUp