Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Mandalee Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 03, 2011 11:21:10 PM(UTC)
Mandalee

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Does anyone know if you can delete build 50 and go back to build 48? Just wifhful thinking I guess.
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, July 04, 2011 6:33:32 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7600 time(s) in 4449 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mandalee Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know if you can delete build 50 and go back to build 48? Just wifhful thinking I guess.

No, we can't. I tried it.

I deleted everything I had in CCR and went back to do the downloads in CCR at cricut.com. I did this with great fear that I would lose my BETA TESTING abilities--but, it does no good for me to be BETA TESTING something that we can't do anything in, so I figured if I lost the abilities, what would I lose? I might gain everything back I had before BUILD 50, so I went for it. In re-installing everything, I am able to see the CUT button on my download; again, it still brings up the IMAGINE mat when I hit CUT, plus the cartridges I don't own that are Imagine cartridges, even though I don't own an IMAGINE and I have my EXPRESSION designated in CCR--not the IMAGINE.

BUT, when I downloaded everything there in CCR, the BUILD 50 is already built in to that download. In other words, they had updated the initial downloads so when we do those initial downloads, they are up-to-date with all the updates.

ALSO, there is no way to UNSYNC my Expression that I know of. I went to do a SEARCH in my computer and deleted my SYNCs that showed up for CCR, but there was one that wouldn't delete. So, I figure it is the one hooked to my Expression and there is no way that I know of to delete it off my computer (whereby, I would hope it would delete off my Expression--because I would have had my Expression turned on as I was deleting the SYNC. Again, my computer wouldn't allow me to delete that one SYNC that showed up in my search.).

I could probably uninstall the drivers I installed, but I'm not quite sure how to do that. If anyone knows, please enlighten all of us.

Char
Mercy Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, July 04, 2011 11:47:42 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mandalee Go to Quoted Post

Yes and no! No, you cannot via pc's standards but you can do so via your pc. You can reset your pc prior to your update. That happened to me yesterday when the tech from Dell reset my computer and when I clicked on CCR the update for build 50 popped up again for an update as I had already updated it prio t the tech's actions. Try that and let us know the outcome.
 1 user thanked Mercy for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 7/4/2011(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, July 04, 2011 6:09:00 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: mercy Go to Quoted Post
Yes and no! No, you cannot via pc's standards but you can do so via your pc. You can reset your pc prior to your update. That happened to me yesterday when the tech from Dell reset my computer and when I clicked on CCR the update for build 50 popped up again for an update as I had already updated it prio t the tech's actions. Try that and let us know the outcome.

MERCY - IN DOING THIS, ARE YOU MEANING TO SAY YOU CAN NOW USE CCR (YOU CAN NOW CUT, AGAIN)?

TIA!!
Char
GypsyBoricua Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, July 04, 2011 7:53:38 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 698 time(s) in 363 post(s)
Please be careful if you are doing a system restore and you have design studio. I had to do a system restore due to a trojan and my DS would not work. CS had to help me to get it all straight again.
Mercy Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 05, 2011 2:44:54 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
MERCY - IN DOING THIS, ARE YOU MEANING TO SAY YOU CAN NOW USE CCR (YOU CAN NOW CUT, AGAIN)?

TIA!!
Char

My system was restored to build 48 but I updated it to build 50 immediately without using build 48.
Mercy Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 05, 2011 2:50:17 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: GypsyBoricua Go to Quoted Post
Please be careful if you are doing a system restore and you have design studio. I had to do a system restore due to a trojan and my DS would not work. CS had to help me to get it all straight again.

I wonder if you restored your computer back too far or perhaps the same day that you updated DS you also updated CCR. Just throwing out some what ifs. lol I have restored my pc several times in the past without an issue even with the trial version of DS. I did not re-install it on this computer after my last reformat of my system so I can't test it but I know it worked when I restored system in the past.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 05, 2011 2:51:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CricketCMV Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 05, 2011 7:34:34 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

My system was restored to build 48 but I updated it to build 50 immediately without using build 48.

MERCY - ARE YOU ABLE TO CUT IN BUILD 50; just curious why you would go to BUILD 50 if you can't CUT in it? I'm so anxious to be able to complete some projects--I would do almost anything to get back to BUILD 48 (until CCR gets their problems worked out with BUILD 50). Unfortunately, my computer wouldn't allow me to go back to the date I downloaded BUILD 50--it said I hadn't changed anything (which I had)!

What would the purpose have been to have your system put CCR back to BUILD 48? Just curious!

Char

Edited by user Tuesday, July 05, 2011 7:35:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Mercy Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, July 06, 2011 12:37:13 AM(UTC)
Mercy

MERCY - ARE YOU ABLE TO CUT IN BUILD 50; just curious why you would go to BUILD 50 if you can't CUT in it? I'm so anxious to be able to complete some projects--I would do almost anything to get back to BUILD 48 (until CCR gets their problems worked out with BUILD 50). Unfortunately, my computer wouldn't allow me to go back to the date I downloaded BUILD 50--it said I hadn't changed anything (which I had)!

What would the purpose have been to have your system put CCR back to BUILD 48? Just curious!

Char

Because of the issues with cutting and tech saying that they are working on the cutting issue, I have not tried to cut as I am waiting until it is fixed. I am doing just fine with my G LOL and G's cutting ability. LOL

This time, I did not restore my system as Dell Tech did it trying to fix another issue on my computer which had me to re-do the update.

Do you have the G? If so export the file to the G and cut from there.

The reason that I updated to build 50 is because when I give my report/issues to tech, it will be from the current build in which that might help pd. They already know about the cutting issue in which it does not hurt to continue to report it.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 06, 2011 12:40:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Mercy for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 7/6/2011(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, July 06, 2011 4:25:58 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Because of the issues with cutting and tech saying that they are working on the cutting issue, I have not tried to cut as I am waiting until it is fixed. I am doing just fine with my G LOL and G's cutting ability. LOL

This time, I did not restore my system as Dell Tech did it trying to fix another issue on my computer which had me to re-do the update.

Do you have the G? If so export the file to the G and cut from there.

The reason that I updated to build 50 is because when I give my report/issues to tech, it will be from the current build in which that might help pd. They already know about the cutting issue in which it does not hurt to continue to report it.

Thanks, Mercy.

I don't have a G; but, it's nice of you to explain how I could cut my project in CCR from my G if I had one.

I'm thinking maybe "restore" on our systems that we know how to do and a "restore" the Dell techs might do are two different things with theirs being more in depth than what we're allowed to do on our own. That makes sense.

Anyway, I understand what you're saying about doing FEEDBACK from the most recent builds vs. the older builds--but, I just wanted to finish a few projects I had ready before BUILD 50--I know it's not all about me; and, I need to remember that while we're BETA TESTING. It's more about CCR and getting it up and running for everyone without all the problems.

Thanks for coming back to explain these things from your perspective.

Char
Mercy Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, July 06, 2011 10:41:21 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Thanks, Mercy.

I don't have a G; but, it's nice of you to explain how I could cut my project in CCR from my G if I had one.

I'm thinking maybe "restore" on our systems that we know how to do and a "restore" the Dell techs might do are two different things with theirs being more in depth than what we're allowed to do on our own. That makes sense.

Anyway, I understand what you're saying about doing FEEDBACK from the most recent builds vs. the older builds--but, I just wanted to finish a few projects I had ready before BUILD 50--I know it's not all about me; and, I need to remember that while we're BETA TESTING. It's more about CCR and getting it up and running for everyone without all the problems.

Thanks for coming back to explain these things from your perspective.

Char

You're welcome and we understand!

Dell tech restored my computer over the phone as I watched him work on it. I just saw something else that I had to re-do. You know, come to think about it, he didn't do the restore as we do it as he went into another window and I don't remember the window he used as that could be the difference in what you did and what the tech did as you stated. Hmmm...