Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

~AmyS~ Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2011 9:30:37 AM(UTC)
~AmyS~

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 3180 time(s) in 1350 post(s)
I "heard" a "rumor" that the CCR is not going to remain free and wondered if someone in the know could verify or deny? With this came a rumor, that I believe to be true, that the DS will completely be discontinued and no longer supported. Again, verification?

I haven't even tried the CCR yet. I just don't have time and I don't want to have to have a computer to use my machines (my gypsy is perfect). But if DS will be discontinued, will it happen to the Gypsy eventually?

Noit to start anything here - I'mm just wondering if there is any truth to this?
 1 user thanked ~AmyS~ for this useful post.
scarlet squirrel on 7/5/2011(UTC)
Khrista Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2011 10:00:09 AM(UTC)
Khrista

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2490 time(s) in 1389 post(s)
I haven't heard that. I figured that CCR will lead into being able to buy electronic images / carts and that's how they' ll make their money off it. Who knows though.. wouldn't surprise me.
CricketCMV Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2011 11:48:38 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 7566 time(s) in 4432 post(s)
If CCR will not remain FREE, I think it will turn a lot of people off. They have consistently said it would be FREE and have been touting CCR for quite a while, now.

I believe they do things they shouldn't do from time-to-time, but I don't believe they would tout this the way they have and then come out and say "okay, now that we have you hooked, it's going to cost you"! I think it would be very detrimental to PC. Especially, in light of the fact so many have wanted to be able to be in it, who are not yet invited to be Beta Testers. Yes, many have said they are no longer interested, but when it goes public, they will be back. Curiosity killed a cat; and, we know how most of us crafters are--even if we say we are no longer interested, we are.

I, too, have stated I am getting very disillusioned in my "DEAR PC" post I posted last night; but, I LOVE CCR and I can't wait 'til they come through.

They have everything to GAIN from making CCR successful and FREE; they have MUCH TO LOSE, if they come back and charge a fee to use it.

JMHO!!

Char

1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
ABrooks86 on 7/1/2011(UTC)
~AmyS~ Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2011 12:43:50 PM(UTC)
~AmyS~

Was thanked: 3180 time(s) in 1350 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post

They have everything to GAIN from making CCR successful and FREE; they have MUCH TO LOSE, if they come back and charge a fee to use it.

JMHO!!

Char

I completely agree, but I wanted to ask as it doesn't make sense to me.
melodylanedesigns Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2011 8:28:24 PM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1779 time(s) in 884 post(s)
They will never charge, they will use it to show you new cartridges you will want to buy, and maybe put advertising on it before they charge. Thats how facebook and every other website is free, the advertising.
scarlet squirrel Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 05, 2011 3:43:20 PM(UTC)
scarlet squirrel

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 94 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
If CCR will not remain FREE, I think it will turn a lot of people off. They have consistently said it would be FREE and have been touting CCR for quite a while, now.

I believe they do things they shouldn't do from time-to-time, but I don't believe they would tout this the way they have and then come out and say "okay, now that we have you hooked, it's going to cost you"! I think it would be very detrimental to PC.
Char

Yes, I think that it would MOSTLY remain free. I DON"T know anything - just speculating. While CCR would be a great way to showcase their carts/images and such, the return on it seems low. Perhaps they will, just as they offer the Circle, have a fee for accessing some grander, more exclusive side of CCR? It sounds much like what has happened within the past year, this option to pay more for exclusives (exclusive images/cart sets/merchandise). And the feature I so deperately wish CCR would have could be lumped into that - the ability to cut what I want. I see the "cut what you want" feature as something that is valuable and it wouldn't be free, I bet.

I came across one site that seems like it does what CCR does only you can cut your own designs. There was a fee associated with using it. So if the market will bear the $, people will pay.

♥Lynnette♥ Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 06, 2011 6:23:21 PM(UTC)
♥Lynnette♥

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Hmmm........ Confused I just did the update to Build 50 and now I can't use my Design Studio at all with my Expression. Cursing what is THAT all about?????