Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

BtrThanEva Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 5:33:22 PM(UTC)
BtrThanEva

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 9 post(s)
How do I manipulate the individual letters and weld them together?

While I'm *bugging* you, where is the best place to go (besides playing) for learning how to use CCR? I've used other programs, so there's hope... me thinks???

Thank you!!!
KathyRoscoe Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2011 2:40:30 AM(UTC)
KathyRoscoe

Was thanked: 313 time(s) in 248 post(s)
I haven't had much luck with adding text boxes in CCR. It should be simple to weld the letters. Just move them together so that they touch and the weld/don't weld box should open up and all you have to do is click on "weld." It just wasn't working well last time I tried. Let us know if you have any luck.

The best way to learn this program is trial and error. But, since it is still in Beta stage, what works one day might not work the next. CCR is still very glitchy, but improving.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes for you. We have all had different experiences, successes, failures and issues.
BtrThanEva Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2011 3:39:00 AM(UTC)
BtrThanEva

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Thanks for your advice, Kathy!

I played in CCR a little bit this morning. When using the text box, I found that if I used a negative sign (ie, -10) in the letter spacing box, I was able to have the letters overlap a little and by observing the greyed out shading, I'm assuming that they would cut welded. After placing them on the mat, I ungrouped them. At this point, I was able to manipulate the individual letter's size, rotation, etc. After I got the look I wanted, I repositioned them together and grouped them. I also tried adding the letters individually, which of course gives you more control of their placement, size, etc.

I've been waiting so long for this program! So instead of getting my panties in a bunch, I've decided to take some time today and look through all the options on the help/feedback button. The weather's crappy, so I've got a pot of coffee brewing, and I'm dedicating today with getting familiar with this incredible program and playing with my bugs. I've opened up two CCR screens on my computer, one with the help section opened, the other with a mat to play on so I can put this information directly to work and understand the capabilities of each component. The potential of CCR is amazing ~ once all the *bugs* have been squashed!

Thanks again for taking the time to respond to my question. I hadn't even thought of adding the letters individually. I love a good brainstorming session! There's so much we can learn from each other!

Have a fabulous Friday!

Christelle

Edited by user Friday, June 24, 2011 3:53:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

KathyRoscoe Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2011 4:30:07 AM(UTC)
KathyRoscoe

Let us know how it goes. We are all trying to help each other with CCR.
Narelle Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2011 5:30:17 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7571 time(s) in 3534 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BtrThanEva Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for your advice, Kathy!

I played in CCR a little bit this morning. When using the text box, I found that if I used a negative sign (ie, -10) in the letter spacing box, I was able to have the letters overlap a little and by observing the greyed out shading, I'm assuming that they would cut welded. After placing them on the mat, I ungrouped them. At this point, I was able to manipulate the individual letter's size, rotation, etc. After I got the look I wanted, I repositioned them together and grouped them. I also tried adding the letters individually, which of course gives you more control of their placement, size, etc.

I've been waiting so long for this program! So instead of getting my panties in a bunch, I've decided to take some time today and look through all the options on the help/feedback button. The weather's crappy, so I've got a pot of coffee brewing, and I'm dedicating today with getting familiar with this incredible program and playing with my bugs. I've opened up two CCR screens on my computer, one with the help section opened, the other with a mat to play on so I can put this information directly to work and understand the capabilities of each component. The potential of CCR is amazing ~ once all the *bugs* have been squashed!

Thanks again for taking the time to respond to my question. I hadn't even thought of adding the letters individually. I love a good brainstorming session! There's so much we can learn from each other!

Have a fabulous Friday!

Christelle

Using the figure in the letter spacing box is exactly the way to weld your words when you are using a text box.

You change the space between your letters (kerning) by clicking on the up or down arrows or typing a number in the box. Make sure you have Character space selected, not block.

I'll let you all in on a little secret.

I have been working on some CCR tutorials and am getting very close to releasing them. Stay tuned!!!
 1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
LibertyLyn on 6/27/2011(UTC)
KathyRoscoe Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2011 7:46:16 AM(UTC)
KathyRoscoe

Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
Using the figure in the letter spacing box is exactly the way to weld your words when you are using a text box.

You change the space between your letters (kerning) by clicking on the up or down arrows or typing a number in the box. Make sure you have Character space selected, not block.

I'll let you all in on a little secret.

I have been working on some CCR tutorials and am getting very close to releasing them. Stay tuned!!!

Can't wait for your tutorials! Thanks for making the effort to get us up and running with CCR. I know it takes a lot of your time and we appreciate that.
CricketCMV Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2011 2:43:03 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7578 time(s) in 4440 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BtrThanEva Go to Quoted Post
How do I manipulate the individual letters and weld them together? EDITED: Sorry, Eva. I thought you were asking about this, but it was the next poster. I see in the third post, you explained it to her. Sorry, didn't mean to run over what you already said.While I'm *bugging* you, where is the best place to go (besides playing) for learning how to use CCR? I've used other programs, so there's hope... me thinks???

Thank you!!!

You can also use the ADD TEXT bar to manipulate individual letters.

Go to FONTS on the left menu, choose your cartridge you own that has fonts and on the bar below that, choose which feature key works with the fonts.

Type in your word/phrase.

After you say DONE, the word/phrase shows up on the mat. Here you can click on the whole word/phrase and go to the top and UNGROUP. When you Ungroup, you tell the program you want to work with each individual letter.

Now, you can click on each letter and move it here and there where you want to move it. Use the little circle in the upper left of the letter (after you have the handle bars around your letter) to move the letter anywhere you want to move it. Using these same steps, click on your second letter and move it over where you want it to weld onto the first letter. The single arrows (one on top or bottom--can't remember which--and the side single arrow) will allow you to further manipulate your letters.

If you want to get them all together and want to RE-SIZE them all at the same time, you will need to click on each one to get the handle bars around them (click on the first one, hold down the control key to click on the next letter and remain holding down the control key until you have all the letters with handle bars around them that you want to re-size together. NOW, at the top (while still holding down the control key until you've finished the command) GROUP the letters back together. NOW, you can to to the right lower circle and pull the letters out to make them bigger and you can also use the single arrow to manipulate the letters further.

I know it seems complicated; but, once you do it a few times, it will come second nature to you. I don't know an easier way to do this and don't always understand when someone tells me an easier way to do it.

Char

Edited by user Friday, June 24, 2011 2:47:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CricketCMV Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2011 2:45:40 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7578 time(s) in 4440 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KathyRoscoe Go to Quoted Post
I haven't had much luck with adding text boxes in CCR. It should be simple to weld the letters. Just move them together so that they touch and the weld/don't weld box should open up and all you have to do is click on "weld." It just wasn't working well last time I tried. Let us know if you have any luck.

The best way to learn this program is trial and error. But, since it is still in Beta stage, what works one day might not work the next. CCR is still very glitchy, but improving.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes for you. We have all had different experiences, successes, failures and issues.

Actually, Kathy, when you put two images/fonts together, the system automatically WELDS for us in this program. As long as you SAVE (and, the program also SAVES for us every so often--forget how many minutes) what you put together and don't "LOGOUT" before you save it or before the system saves it for us.

I agree about the glitches!!

Char