Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
CricketCMV Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 7:48:51 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7597 time(s) in 4447 post(s)
when I go to CUT, I get a new mat that looks like an IMAGINE mat that shows three cartridges being used on the project--however, there is nothing on the mat. It also shows a PRINT AND CUT bar, that makes it look like a mat has come up for the IMAGINE. I am using an Expression (don't have an Imagine).

Sooooooo,
I'm wondering if anyone who has an IMAGINE and has one of the three cartridges showing on the mat that came up on my Expression project can try to PRINT AND CUT from one of the cartridges showing.

The three cartridges showing on the project on my mat are:

LIFE IS A BEACH
DINOSAUR TRACKS
BATMAN: The Brave and the Bold

CAN SOMEONE TRY THIS AND REPORT BACK ON THIS THREAD? PLEASE? I feel like CCR is allowing these three cartridges to those who own the IMAGINE to TEST for them.

TIA!!

Char
Christel Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 10:38:29 AM(UTC)
Christel

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 117 time(s) in 66 post(s)
I have exactly the same thing here.

Today was the first time I could get in and I end up with an empty mat with 3 cartridges that I do not own.... ugh. But I do own an imagine so I will see if that works.

UPDATE: I'm using my Imagine and now the mat does not go empty. I can actually hit print/cut, send the images (I used Imagine more cards) to the Imagine, it prints and then CCR quits, some error messages appear and I have two printed but not cut images on my page.

UPDATE 2: My E is now no longer recognized by the SYNC program, CCR 'updated' my E an hour ago. My E still cuts with DS so it cannot be all too bad.

Cheers,
Christel

Edited by user Wednesday, June 22, 2011 11:12:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Christel for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 6/22/2011(UTC)
daveshunny Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 5:09:51 PM(UTC)
daveshunny

United States

Was thanked: 992 time(s) in 425 post(s)
I have the same thing going on!!! This morning it let me into the craftroom but has not let me cut with either my expression or my imagine.... Same three cartridges showing but blank mat........ bummer i so want to try out the craft room..... wonder if it has something to do with my registered cartridges????? hmmmm

1 user thanked daveshunny for this useful post.
sandandsurf Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 5:44:13 PM(UTC)
sandandsurf

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 23 post(s)
WOW the same thing is showing up on my screen and I had a Walk In My Garden cart in my cricut exp. and told the craft room design page that I wanted to design and cut with that cart. It showed the same three carts that are showing up for everyone else. The first time it shows a cutting blade then when I click on it and it wont cut the blade disappears and doesnt come back! But also have the blank cutting mat tooo.
 1 user thanked sandandsurf for this useful post.
Tahi Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 6:23:20 PM(UTC)
Tahi

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I already reported it... I have the same problem but I have the Expression Crying so sad I need to cut cut cut lol....
 1 user thanked Tahi for this useful post.
CricketCMV Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 7:43:17 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

I have a feeling they have to do everything in simple stages before they can go on to the next thing. It all takes time and that's what's so hard for us.

I think, too, they have to wait for updates in the evenings before they can move forward, too.

So, while we're all out here thinking things are terribly wrong, they may be thinking things are going really well with what we are reporting to them.

EVERYONE should report their findings; that's what is helpful to them. If I use one operating system, someone else uses another and someone else, yet another, they are gaining valuable information from all of us. I.e., if most of us are using the same operating systems and only a few are using their MACS, but they are reporting different scenarios than the rest of us, PC is learning valuable information from that.

Who knows!! We sure don't.

Char

Edited by user Wednesday, June 22, 2011 7:44:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JodiBarber Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 6:00:44 AM(UTC)
JodiBarber

Was thanked: 110 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
when I go to CUT, I get a new mat that looks like an IMAGINE mat that shows three cartridges being used on the project--however, there is nothing on the mat. It also shows a PRINT AND CUT bar, that makes it look like a mat has come up for the IMAGINE. I am using an Expression (don't have an Imagine).

Sooooooo,
I'm wondering if anyone who has an IMAGINE and has one of the three cartridges showing on the mat that came up on my Expression project can try to PRINT AND CUT from one of the cartridges showing.

LIFE IS A BEACH
DINOSAUR TRACKS

CAN SOMEONE TRY THIS AND REPORT BACK ON THIS THREAD? PLEASE? I feel like CCR is allowing these three cartridges to those who own the IMAGINE to TEST for them.

TIA!!

Char

Whenever I do an update for ccr or sync...it seems that the program is screwy....until I do a restart on my computer...so now whenever I do an update I restart my laptop and the program works as it should ....Jodi
 1 user thanked JodiBarber for this useful post.
mom2sidsquid on 6/26/2011(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 9:24:30 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: JodiBarber Go to Quoted Post
Whenever I do an update for ccr or sync...it seems that the program is screwy....until I do a restart on my computer...so now whenever I do an update I restart my laptop and the program works as it should ....Jodi

I have restarted a number of times and know that sometimes when you add something to your programs you have to do that. Unfortunately, that hasn't worked for me.

Are you saying everything is now working okay for you? Just wondering!

Char
KathyRoscoe Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 1:13:44 PM(UTC)
KathyRoscoe

Was thanked: 313 time(s) in 248 post(s)
I am not having that problem, but I did not update the drivers on my Imagine. All I did was update to build 50 and start designing and CCR worked a little better for me. I posted a message on another thread about my new issues and progress with cutting. Take a look and let me know what you think. Boy, am I glad I didn't update my Imagine!!!!!
 1 user thanked KathyRoscoe for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 6/23/2011(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 3:44:07 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: KathyRoscoe Go to Quoted Post
I am not having that problem, but I did not update the drivers on my Imagine. All I did was update to build 50 and start designing and CCR worked a little better for me. I posted a message on another thread about my new issues and progress with cutting. Take a look and let me know what you think. Boy, am I glad I didn't update my Imagine!!!!!

I hope you did the FEEDBACK to let CCR know that everything is going good for you WITHOUT updating your Imagine. That might be very helpful to them for what we're all trying to do Maybe none of the SYNCS worked, but all of the BUILD worked and they may be trying to correct something on the BUILD they don't need to. Do you know what I mean?

Anyway, glad it's working good for you now.

I even tried to reverse my SYNC and BUILD, but PC would not allow it. Once I updated everything, it stayed.

Char
KathyRoscoe Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 4:26:42 PM(UTC)
KathyRoscoe

I did leave feedback, but I didn't mention that I did nothing more than update CCR. No drivers or machine updates. I will do that next time I get in CCR.
SolaraLover Offline
#12 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 4:49:35 PM(UTC)
SolaraLover

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I am having the same problem with the mat appearing when I try to cut. I did the update that appeared on the screen when I opened CCR but nothing else. My E was cutting just fine before this update.
 1 user thanked SolaraLover for this useful post.
CricketCMV Offline
#13 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 5:16:23 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

I did leave feedback, but I didn't mention that I did nothing more than update CCR. No drivers or machine updates. I will do that next time I get in CCR.

Kathy, I think it's important that they know that, because if everything can work for everyone without doing the drivers or machine updates, they might know they don't have to work on the CCR update--although, they MIGHT already know. Noone knows! They may only need to work on those parts you didn't update, as yet, for the rest of us.

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#14 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 5:18:05 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: SolaraLover Go to Quoted Post
I am having the same problem with the mat appearing when I try to cut. I did the update that appeared on the screen when I opened CCR but nothing else. My E was cutting just fine before this update.

Same thing here; this should be reported to FEEDBACK to CCR. That way, if someone reports what the previous poster reports, they will know this will cancel out what previous poster said.

Oh, what a tangled web we are all weaving!! LOL!!

Char
KathyRoscoe Offline
#15 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2011 7:44:22 AM(UTC)
KathyRoscoe

Kathy, I think it's important that they know that, because if everything can work for everyone without doing the drivers or machine updates, they might know they don't have to work on the CCR update--although, they MIGHT already know. Noone knows! They may only need to work on those parts you didn't update, as yet, for the rest of us.

Char

I sent feedback regarding build 50 and the fact that my Imagine works fine without updating it after the build. Hope it helps resolve some problems.
CricketCMV on 6/24/2011(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#16 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2011 2:29:07 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

I sent feedback regarding build 50 and the fact that my Imagine works fine without updating it after the build. Hope it helps resolve some problems.

I'm hoping just such information might be very helpful to them.

They are wanting us to tell them what does work and what doesn't work and what we are doing to effect what is/isn't working.

I'm glad you sent the feedback on this, Kathy. You never know when one very small-seeming thing might solve big problems.

Char

scarlet squirrel Offline
#17 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2011 4:47:26 PM(UTC)
scarlet squirrel

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 94 post(s)
LOL I see I am not the only one with the Batman cart appearing out of nowhere.
 1 user thanked scarlet squirrel for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 6/26/2011(UTC)
SolaraLover Offline
#18 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2011 5:02:30 PM(UTC)
SolaraLover

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Same thing here; this should be reported to FEEDBACK to CCR. That way, if someone reports what the previous poster reports, they will know this will cancel out what previous poster said.

Oh, what a tangled web we are all weaving!! LOL!!

Char

I have reported every tiny little thing that has been wrong since I started this...funny thing my dh said they probably have my name somewhere and when my feedback goes thru they are saying" OH No not HER AGAIN"!!! I really am trying to help so they can get this up and running for EVERYONE!!!
 1 user thanked SolaraLover for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 6/24/2011(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#19 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2011 6:12:59 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: SolaraLover Go to Quoted Post
I have reported every tiny little thing that has been wrong since I started this...funny thing my dh said they probably have my name somewhere and when my feedback goes thru they are saying" OH No not HER AGAIN"!!! I really am trying to help so they can get this up and running for EVERYONE!!!

LOL!! That's exactly how I feel. But, honestly, I do think all our FEEDBACK is being taken very seriously. Either that, or we're all being taken for fools.

It's very disconcerting that it takes days and weeks and sometimes, months to fix some of the things we all know that are going on. Of course, none of us know all the "behind the scenes" things taking place to make one little thing happen, let alone hundreds of things.

Char
LibertyLyn Offline
#20 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2011 10:40:39 PM(UTC)
LibertyLyn

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 602 time(s) in 432 post(s)
I have the same thing happening since Update 50. I had cut on my E with Life is a Beach and then...

Back to Gypsy,

Edited by user Saturday, June 25, 2011 10:41:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked LibertyLyn for this useful post.
SuzieQ913 Offline
#21 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2011 4:48:52 AM(UTC)
SuzieQ913

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I'm having the same problem! Huh Any idea how long this will take to fix. I'm new here and very excited about working with the craft room.
 1 user thanked SuzieQ913 for this useful post.
Narelle Offline
#22 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2011 5:27:32 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Was thanked: 7577 time(s) in 3540 post(s)
Looks like Build 50 was a dud.... Crying

Hopefully they'll issue an update on Monday....
 2 users thanked Narelle for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 6/26/2011(UTC), LibertyLyn on 7/3/2011(UTC)
mom2sidsquid Offline
#23 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2011 7:13:39 AM(UTC)
mom2sidsquid

Was thanked: 1150 time(s) in 762 post(s)
I'm not having any issues with Build 50 but I haven't had any progress either. I could print/weld objects before and it wouldn't cut and it's still doing the same thing. It WILL cut/print any images that aren't welded. Yesterday it printed it, then said cutting, spit the mat out and then started cuttingCursing Crying ...so I guess a little closer because before it would just spit the mat out...
 1 user thanked mom2sidsquid for this useful post.
AngelicaTurner Offline
#24 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2011 11:35:27 AM(UTC)
AngelicaTurner

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Did the update this morning and got the same exact problem, could not cut, I sent the feedback on the issue. So I just ended up working from my DS.

Sooooooo,

LIFE IS A BEACH
DINOSAUR TRACKS

TIA!!

Char

1 user thanked AngelicaTurner for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 6/28/2011(UTC)
Scrapbooksue Offline
#25 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2011 1:11:30 PM(UTC)
Scrapbooksue

Was thanked: 344 time(s) in 251 post(s)
I have had this very same problem for nearly a week, I just tried again, thinking it would be fixed by now, and there was a new update to install. I installed just knowing this was the fix - NOT! I still get the blank mat when I go to cut, those same three cartridges listed, and at the top left of the mat it says "PRINT & CUT". The mat is only showing size of 11 inches across by 7 1/2 inches down and nothing I do will correct this. The cut button is not even accessible to see what really happens if I could try that.
 1 user thanked Scrapbooksue for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 6/28/2011(UTC)
HollyHudspeth Offline
#26 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2011 4:29:19 PM(UTC)
HollyHudspeth

Was thanked: 529 time(s) in 309 post(s)
Have you checked your options (green bar on left on the bottom) to see if you have the Expression checked and not the Imagine, It sounds like the program is defaulting to the Imagine as the machine you are using. I learned this early on. Click the options tab, and there is a drop down to select your machine.
CricketCMV Offline
#27 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2011 8:43:28 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: HollyHudspeth Go to Quoted Post
Have you checked your options (green bar on left on the bottom) to see if you have the Expression checked and not the Imagine, It sounds like the program is defaulting to the Imagine as the machine you are using. I learned this early on. Click the options tab, and there is a drop down to select your machine.

Holly - I don't know who you were replying to here; but, I have the EXPRESSION marked in Options--always have and I don't own any other machines, so no reason to mark other machines. I have check and re-checked, think maybe something in the system has changed without me telling it to, and my OPTIONS always say I am using an EXPRESSION.

It doesn't matter, though, because when I hit CUT, it brings up what must be an IMAGINE mat with the Print and Cut bar at the top and three cartridges (that are used on the Imagine, only) listed that appear to be in an IMAGINE project. None of my projects are created with the OPTIONS saying I own an IMAGINE. The OPTIONS say I am using an EXPRESSION--but, I get an IMAGINE mat up on my screen and nothing will CUT and there is no way to tell it I'm not using an IMAGINE!

Char
Khrista Offline
#28 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2011 8:49:31 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Was thanked: 2490 time(s) in 1389 post(s)
I replicated this with my E today but my Imagine doesn't do it and cut what I had chosen just fine.
CricketCMV Offline
#29 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2011 9:01:12 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: Khrista Go to Quoted Post
I replicated this with my E today but my Imagine doesn't do it and cut what I had chosen just fine.

Khrista - Could you be a little more explicit? What did you replicate with your E today? I get that whatever it is, you must have tried with your Imagine and it didn't CUT for you on your IMAGINE, but it did CUT with your Expression.

Am I understanding this correctly? If so, you are the first person I've heard, lately, say you can CUT with your Expression.

Please tell us what you replicated? If you were able to cut with your E, what BUILD are you on (in CCR--it's noted in the bottom left corner of CCR, after you get into a project), did you do the SYNC to the Expression AND did you install drivers to your machine?

ALSO, I'm hoping you let PC know, through FEEDBACK, what you were able to do.

Thanks for a little more information, to help us understand.

Char
Khrista Offline
#30 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2011 9:38:06 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Was thanked: 2490 time(s) in 1389 post(s)
Khrista - Could you be a little more explicit? What did you replicate with your E today? I get that whatever it is, you must have tried with your Imagine and it didn't CUT for you on your IMAGINE, but it did CUT with your Expression.

Am I understanding this correctly? If so, you are the first person I've heard, lately, say you can CUT with your Expression.

Please tell us what you replicated? If you were able to cut with your E, what BUILD are you on (in CCR--it's noted in the bottom left corner of CCR, after you get into a project), did you do the SYNC to the Expression AND did you install drivers to your machine?

ALSO, I'm hoping you let PC know, through FEEDBACK, what you were able to do.

Thanks for a little more information, to help us understand.

Char

Flip which machine. :) I follow the yahoo board for the Imagine also. Someone had posted about having an issue with Elegant Edges on CCR with their Expression. When trying to cut with a border with their Expression, it would bring up a blank mat and the 3 cartridges (batman, life's a beach and that other one) as the one's being used. CCR wouldn't allow to it to cut. That's what I replicated as they were wondering if it was just them. I've been using my Imagine so I then did the exact same image with my Imagine to see if it was across more than one machine and had no problems. I left feedback for them via CCR and also for Chris via the yahoo group.

Someone mentioned that is seems like the only machine cutting right now is the Imagine, that maybe they shut off access to the others or something. No idea if that's true or not. I'm using Build 50 and I've updated the firmware to my Expression via CCR and installed the driver's. I think I read via the yahoo board that they're getting close to another release for CCR that should have a bunch of fixes in it. Will keep my fingers crossed :)
 2 users thanked Khrista for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 6/30/2011(UTC), Mandalee on 7/1/2011(UTC)