Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

disayshi Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 6:49:36 PM(UTC)
disayshi

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
[confused] Help! Help! I got in to CCR but when I start to cut it says insert cart and I have my cart in.
HollyHudspeth Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 7:14:48 PM(UTC)
HollyHudspeth

Was thanked: 529 time(s) in 309 post(s)
I experience this a lot. I have found a few different things to work. Not always the same solution...

Close the window showing the cut and print screen, take cartridge out and then put it back in. Click to cut again

Close the print and cut window as if to start over again....turn off the machine and turn it back on, then click to print

Sometimes giving it a few seconds to wait for the machine to recognize it helps too.

Also, if you find it prints but not cuts. Run it through again with just the cut option which you change in the window you get after you click the first cut button. My matt will sometimes just feed all the way through and then it cuts...run it again and it will cut.

Work arounds are a pain, but at lease we have them now. Before, there were no work arounds. They are almost there. Hang in there.

HollyHudspeth Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 8:39:21 PM(UTC)
HollyHudspeth

Was thanked: 529 time(s) in 309 post(s)
it just happened to me again. I had to to restart the Imagine and reoopen CCR but it finally recognized the cartridges.
CricketCMV Online
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 7:28:09 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7607 time(s) in 4456 post(s)
Originally Posted by: HollyHudspeth Go to Quoted Post
it just happened to me again. I had to to restart the Imagine and reoopen CCR but it finally recognized the cartridges.

Holly - Do you have Life is a Beach, Dinosaur Tracks, or Batman: The Brave and the Bold?

Maybe you could try a project using one of these carts, or two?

I don't have the IMAGINE. I only have the Expression. BUT, after Build 50 and a new SYNC, when I try to CUT my project using Accent Essentials and one of the font carts, here's what I get:

A new mat comes up with PRINT AND CUT bar at the top. There's nothing on the mat, but it says the project is using these three cartridges I mention above (which I don't have, so I didn't use them on the project I was trying to CUT on). So, I took from the PRINT AND CUT, that you have to have an Imagine to use the new Build 50 (for now) and you have to use one of those three cartridges (which I don't have).

Char
CricketCMV Online
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 8:50:33 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: disayshi Go to Quoted Post
[confused] Help! Help! I got in to CCR but when I start to cut it says insert cart and I have my cart in.

I find what Holly says to be true, too. Sometimes, CCR recognizes our carts right away; other times, you have to wait ten or fifteen seconds. Sometimes, you just have to go back out and come back in and then it works.

I think there is more going on, though. Like, perhaps CCR/PC is working on something in the programs at the time, or maybe there is a heavy load of others trying to do the same things we are at the same time and it slows us all down. There are times it works very fast for me (of course, right now I'm unable to do anything in CCR--even at that, I think CCR is working on stuff and getting things ready for us and we can't do anything when they're working on things).

Last but not least, it may be all of our internet connections, too. E.g., when we are on SKYPE and there is a lot of storms going on across the country, we can't get a good connection with our son who is thousands of miles away from us. Other times, everything is very clear--usually, when we are having good weather acros the country--which hasn't been a lot, lately. So, I think when we're in CCR and there are as many people using CCR as it seems there might be, at any given time, I think we are going to experience on-line interferences most of the time. Hopefully, though, it will improve and hopefully, I don't even know what I'm talking about!! LOL!

Char
quiltfrog Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 3:34:20 PM(UTC)
quiltfrog

Was thanked: 448 time(s) in 305 post(s)

I don't have the IMAGINE. I only have the Expression. BUT, after Build 50 and a new SYNC, when I try to CUT my project using Accent Essentials and one of the font carts, here's what I get:

A new mat comes up with PRINT AND CUT bar at the top. There's nothing on the mat, but it says the project is using these three cartridges I mention above (which I don't have, so I didn't use them on the project I was trying to CUT on). So, I took from the PRINT AND CUT, that you have to have an Imagine to use the new Build 50 (for now) and you have to use one of those three cartridges (which I don't have).

Char[/quote]

I am getting the same thing.
 1 user thanked quiltfrog for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 6/23/2011(UTC)
scrapalette Online
#7 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 3:47:00 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18454 time(s) in 8203 post(s)
I usually have a cart I know I am not going to be using in my Cricut when I turn it on. Then, when I get ready to cut and it asks for the XXX cart, I take out the first and put in the correct one and it almost always reads it immediately.

I haven't updated, so I don't know what might be going on with the weird message regarding those carts.
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 6/28/2011(UTC)
CricketCMV Online
#8 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 5:21:06 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Scrapalette - It doesn't matter what cartridge we have or don't have in our machine; once we hit CUT, we have no options other than the MAT that comes up that is blank (even though we said CUT on our project we full well know we have images on) and shows that we can PRINT AND CUT and that we have used the three cartridges mentioned above (of which I own none). It also appears that the mat that comes up is an IMAGINE mat with the Print and Cut bar and the three cartridges it is designating to cut that none of us are using in our projects when we try to CUT on our other machines. I don't own an IMAGINE; and, I have shown in OPTIONS I am using my Expression.

We don't get a chance to enter a right or wrong cartridge.

I hope that made sense.

Char

Edited by user Tuesday, June 28, 2011 7:18:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

K.McIntyre Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2011 7:02:37 PM(UTC)
K.McIntyre

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 56 post(s)
I get the same 3 cartridges as mentioned, showing Batman as linked the others not. No image on the mat and nothing cuts.

Kristin
 1 user thanked K.McIntyre for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 6/30/2011(UTC)
Chiquetta Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2011 5:23:50 PM(UTC)
Chiquetta

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 25 post(s)
I can't print at all. But I'm not getting what you all are getting. It acts like it is going to print, I get pass the cart part and I hit go on my imagine it says follow the directions on the screen and it dosent do anything. The the screen jumps to whatever imagine cart I have connected.

Chiquetta
 1 user thanked Chiquetta for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 6/30/2011(UTC)