Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

sandandsurf Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 6:47:40 PM(UTC)
sandandsurf

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 23 post(s)
I am slowly starting to lose patience like everyone else. Its like dangling a carrot in front of my nose! I installed the drivers and have the USB cable and after I put my item to be cut on the screens mat the cut blade shows in the right upper corner but when I click on it nothing happens. I have two young children and when I DO FINALLY get a few minutes to play with the craft room its time wasted!!!!
Sawkat66 Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 7:41:11 PM(UTC)
Sawkat66

United States

Was thanked: 233 time(s) in 141 post(s)
I hear ya. But we have to remember -- it is still in the test phase. Beta testing is not for the faint of heart. I swear it gonna drive me crazy. Can't wait till it is in the finished stage. Yes, it seems to be a big wast of time for us right now, but they still need our input to get the bugs out. I just hope I have some hair left when it is all over.
 1 user thanked Sawkat66 for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 6/22/2011(UTC)
HollyHudspeth Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 8:42:08 PM(UTC)
HollyHudspeth

Was thanked: 529 time(s) in 309 post(s)
May be a stupic question, but have you run the Cricut Sync to update your firmware? This last update takes forever, but it was the key for me to be able to cut.
CricketCMV Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 7:30:38 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7604 time(s) in 4453 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BethPrater Go to Quoted Post
I am slowly starting to lose patience like everyone else. Its like dangling a carrot in front of my nose! I installed the drivers and have the USB cable and after I put my item to be cut on the screens mat the cut blade shows in the right upper corner but when I click on it nothing happens. I have two young children and when I DO FINALLY get a few minutes to play with the craft room its time wasted!!!!

Beth - If you are a new Beta Tester, I'll tell you what I had to do when I first started Beta. I had to call PC (if you haven't already done this after the first download of the CUT button) and they gave me a "FIX" for my first download and then, after that, I was able to CUT.

Just thought I would throw this in, in case you didn't get the FIX. However, if you are a new Beta Tester (just got an invitation recently), I would think they would already have the "FIX" in on the downloads they give out now.

The number I called is 1-877-7CRICUT and I told them I was a Beta Tester and my CUT button wouldn't work. I did also ask for CCR Tech Support.

Char

Edited by user Wednesday, June 22, 2011 7:31:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

sandandsurf Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 5:39:09 PM(UTC)
sandandsurf

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 23 post(s)
I used the contact number and spoke to a support tech and they couldnt help me as no one else had my problem before. After I got off the phone though the website did offer me a firmware update which I did and I thought WOW this is going to fix everything. I still cant get a cutting blade to show up in the right corner of the screen?!!! frustrating and PLEASE I dont want one more person to tell me "its in the Beta stage" I KNOW THAT ALREADY!!!!! Any other suggestions for getting the cutting blade to show up or any other contact info?
CricketCMV Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 7:35:53 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: BethPrater Go to Quoted Post
I used the contact number and spoke to a support tech and they couldnt help me as no one else had my problem before. After I got off the phone though the website did offer me a firmware update which I did and I thought WOW this is going to fix everything. I still cant get a cutting blade to show up in the right corner of the screen?!!! frustrating and PLEASE I dont want one more person to tell me "its in the Beta stage" I KNOW THAT ALREADY!!!!! Any other suggestions for getting the cutting blade to show up or any other contact info?

Beth - How did you get the download for CUT in the first place? Maybe we can help you if we know what you did so we can tell you if we went about it in another way--and maybe another way would work for you.

ALSO, have you installed the drivers for the machine you're using--that option is under HELP on the top menus. I hate to try to help anyone, because after you do some of these things, nothing works!! LOL!! Not funny, though.

There is always another adrenaline rush when they give you something else to UPDATE or SYNC!! But, ALAS, it doesn't seem like anything is working for anyone right now. At least we could CUT one image a few weeks ago!!

- Char

Edited by user Wednesday, June 22, 2011 7:38:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MomX5 Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2011 1:11:05 PM(UTC)
MomX5

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You have to use the CCR from your desktop...not from online to show the blade icon.
CricketCMV Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2011 7:13:17 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: MomX5 Go to Quoted Post
You have to use the CCR from your desktop...not from online to show the blade icon.

MomX5 is right; There are two icons on my desktop--not sure if you're all seeing the same things.

The icon that takes you into the application will not CUT.

The icon that places on the desktop when you download the CUT software is the one you have to go in to CUT your project. Your project will show up in both icons when you go into them; but, only this one will CUT.

If you don't think you downloaded both, you may need to go back to CRAFTROOM at Cricut.com to download the CUT button. Go in like you're going to download everything--and, the system will recognize you already have the application and then it will prompt you to download the CUT software.

(I actually had to call PC after I downloaded the first time and they had to email me a FIX for my first download. This was very early on when we first started Beta Testing, so they may have the FIX already built into the first download, now.) 1-877-7CRICUT and select the right number for CCR Tech Support.

Char