Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
CricketCMV Offline
#31 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 8:10:40 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7600 time(s) in 4449 post(s)
Originally Posted by: WindedHare Go to Quoted Post
I got the invite, so I guess I'm a beta tester.

I have an E2, I can design, cannot cut. when I try to cut I get error messages PLUS I lose my saved project! I wasted alot of time as I expected to be able to cut, re-doing my project three times over. I sent a note to PC, but didnt even receive an auto-reply of acknowledgement.

I just wish I had seen this thread earlier, and known it was not going to cut. I appreciated the preview of the tool, but frankly too busy to waste so have wasted so much time in it. I would just tinkered to play instead of building out a whole project and frustrating myself. I expect a bug here and there during beta, but cut is key functionality not to have working. As a IT professional, I just feel this should be uncovered in unit testing within PC, not as part of beta testing with external customers.

Many people are eager to get into CCR, but for me, I'd rather not be in it until the major kinks are worked through.

Thanks for letting me express my thoughts on this matter! :-) Now I've got new cartridges so I'm ready to go and play.

WindedHare - I feel a little like you; however, I know that being a BETA TESTER, we are not going to get FEEDBACK from PC. They need ALL the feedback from us. I want that feedback, too, because it is very frustrating to try to be working on a project and try to meet a deadline and can't because of things you mentioned above. BUT, we do have to remember we are testing (most of us wanted to do so and we are okay with the frustrations--thankfully, we can voice our frustrations from time-to-time here, but ultimately, we are trying to give the best feedback we can to PC to get this up and running for everyone).

At least you are honest about your feelings and there's nothing wrong with that. Some of us have the time and are mostly OKAY with waiting this out. It is very frustrating, though, because I don't think I thought it would take this long to work out the problems.

Having said that, I think SKYPE has been in BETA TESTING for over a year and they are still BETA TESTING!!!

Char
 1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
WindedHare on 6/23/2011(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#32 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 8:15:26 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: Judy Ashmore Go to Quoted Post
I am a beta tester like many of you. I have worked with ccr some and I think it will be a great program WHEN they get all the problems worked out with the programming.
I have an e2 and I cannot cut, it will not recognize my e2 even though it is plugged into the computer. Makes not sense yet, so I am calling about it tomorrow. I have been worried about trying a cut, but then when I did try it would not work, soooooooo! YAHOO PC, you will hear my voice tomorrow!
I hope they get it ready soon, I really do think it will be nice, someday LOL

Judy - There's nothing wrong with calling and trying to evoke an answer you need, but don't forget to do the FEEDBACK in CCR, too. It's a written report to the people trying to make this work; not so sure Customer Service gets the information back to them that they receive on a daily basis (I could be wrong about that).

HAVE YOU GONE TO OPTIONS to tell CCR what machine you are using. When you're using your E2, you need to change it in OPTIONS. If you have more than one machine (which it doesn't sound like you do, but maybe others do that may be reading this), you have to change OPTIONS every time you start up a different machine than what you used previously. I hope that makes sense.

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#33 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 8:16:26 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Thanks for the dialogue, everyone. I think this is the most anyone has said about anything in CCR forum since it started and I have enjoyed everyone's responses.

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#34 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 8:19:29 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

I try to "thank" everyone who posts on my threads; for some reason, the "thank" button quit working!! So, if I didn't "thank" you for replying, I tried to do so. - Char
scrapalette Offline
#35 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 9:29:38 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18427 time(s) in 8190 post(s)
There's not "one" other forum that people are posting in about CCR. People are just posting in whatever forum they usually post in. There are some threads about CCR in Cricut Chat, some in General Chat, a few in Other Crafts, some in the Circle forums and so forth. There are also several yahoo groups for CCR (although they haven't had much chatter or info) and several FB pages (also with little info).

And, Narelle is right. Everyone that can get into to CCR is beta testing it. You have to download the software to be able to cut in CCR, but it's still the beta program even with the Cut feature.
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 6/23/2011(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#36 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 9:47:18 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
There's not "one" other forum that people are posting in about CCR. People are just posting in whatever forum they usually post in. There are some threads about CCR in Cricut Chat, some in General Chat, a few in Other Crafts, some in the Circle forums and so forth. There are also several yahoo groups for CCR (although they haven't had much chatter or info) and several FB pages (also with little info).

And, Narelle is right. Everyone that can get into to CCR is beta testing it. You have to download the software to be able to cut in CCR, but it's still the beta program even with the Cut feature.

It doesn't seem anyone is able to CUT anything right now, Scrapalette. Are you able to CUT?

I have gone out to FACEBOOK (I'm not very good in it, but it seems all the posts are old and nothing up-to-date at all. Today, when I couldn't get in here and went wherever to see if PC had let anyone know they were down, the latest posts on the official page of FACEBOOK were dated June 3rd. I thought that was odd. I can't make heads or tails out of FACEBOOK, though. I have problems with my own personal family/friends on it and don't understand it very good.

Thanks for your input. - Char

Edited by user Thursday, June 23, 2011 9:49:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SolaraLover Offline
#37 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 5:21:12 PM(UTC)
SolaraLover

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Ive been a tester for about 2 months now and up until today I liked it and was figuring things out slowly. I am no longer able to cut with my E and my E2 isn't recognized anymore. I'm going to give it till Saturday and try again, no sence in getting frustrated,I'll keep sending my feedback and going with the flow until we can get this all straightened out.
 1 user thanked SolaraLover for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 6/23/2011(UTC)