Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
CricketCMV Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2011 8:50:44 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7585 time(s) in 4441 post(s)
I'm truly curious!

It seems like there are only a few of us who actually are BETA TESTERS.

Are there a lot of BETA TESTERS and we are ALL having problems such as the ones that have been mentioned here?

If this question has been asked before, I didn't see it.

WILL ALL THE BETA TESTERS PLEASE COME FORWARD? Why is it so secretive when we've been given this forum to post on; it seems there are more people on here who have never been able to CUT. ALL the BETA TESTERS should at least be able to CUT.

It would just be nice to know who the BETA TESTERS are. Are you all being able to CUT and not sharing with us? Because, sometimes, I feel like everyone else is able to do everything and just not telling the rest of us and they're just not sharing that they can do it all.

Char
COWStamper Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2011 11:08:19 PM(UTC)
COWStamper

Was thanked: 512 time(s) in 354 post(s)
Guilty!

Right now I only have an Imagine to work with and am really nervous about the downloads messing it up. At first I played with a few designs, got bored cause it wouldn't cut. Then when the problems of recent updates came up I was afraid of risking my machine until some of those kinks were worked out. I was thinking of trying the updates now as it seems they are making some progress.

I promise to try to update in the next few days and post my results so y'all won't feel all alone in this.

Just call me "scaredy cat"BigGrin
 1 user thanked COWStamper for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 6/21/2011(UTC)
JodiBarber Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 4:46:06 AM(UTC)
JodiBarber

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 110 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I am a beta tester.....

Jodi
 1 user thanked JodiBarber for this useful post.
scrapalette Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 7:39:43 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18411 time(s) in 8182 post(s)
There are lots of users in the beta program for CCR. Some of them just don't get on the MB and some of them post in other forums.
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
MariaReyes1 Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 7:42:22 AM(UTC)
MariaReyes1

Was thanked: 1779 time(s) in 1465 post(s)
I am a Beta tester also, but I gave up Crying Confused Crying scare to mess my machinesConfused Confused
 1 user thanked MariaReyes1 for this useful post.
GayleWheaton Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 7:49:07 AM(UTC)
GayleWheaton

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Confused What do you mean by 'Beta Tester'? I got an invitation to use the Beta Version - but so a LOT of other people I'm sure..............I will say, I spent about a half day on it and sent them about 20 messages on how to tweak their instructions to make it easier for people to understand (PC lets the engineers go around re-naming things, when REALLY the engineers should be using the terms that we all already know from using our machines!!!!Glare) (my "favorite" one was the screen showing Storybook images but they labeled it as 'Legacy cartridge' - I get that it was a put-down of the Pre-CCR carts, but I told them it would be JUST AS EASY to name the pic "Storybook" without causing a lot of people to freak thinking that there was a 'new' cart out named 'Legacy'....LOL Glare )
 1 user thanked GayleWheaton for this useful post.
Sawkat66 Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 2:03:50 PM(UTC)
Sawkat66

United States

Was thanked: 233 time(s) in 141 post(s)
I guess I am beta - But..... I am NOT doing a lot with it now becuase it is not working with the imagine the way it should. It drives me up the wall with all the errors and wasted time and paper etc.... I wil try it again after the next update or fix batch.
 1 user thanked Sawkat66 for this useful post.
Glenda Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 2:16:38 PM(UTC)
Glenda

United States

Was thanked: 267 time(s) in 63 post(s)
I was an early invite to be a Beta Tester, I had problems (which I reported) at the beginning with certain shapes being wonky on certain carts, then I got sooooo sick with pneumonia that I really wasn't doing anything but resting & trying to get well. Have been trying to use it again now, but it isn't working correctly for me for simple things, like not allowing me to drag an image to the mat, etc--very frustrating. And I've missed soooo much about it when I was so ill, & now I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be entering from the original email invite I received after the last CHA, or am I supposed to go in from Cricut.com or...???

I really would like to get back to working on it more, but I feel as if I need to get caught up on what the major issues were during the whole time I was sick & away from it--perfect example is what the heck is this about it damaging our machines??? Where do I find the info about that please?? TIA!!
 1 user thanked Glenda for this useful post.
CricketCMV Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 3:11:27 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: COWStamper Go to Quoted Post
Guilty!

Right now I only have an Imagine to work with and am really nervous about the downloads messing it up. At first I played with a few designs, got bored cause it wouldn't cut. Then when the problems of recent updates came up I was afraid of risking my machine until some of those kinks were worked out. I was thinking of trying the updates now as it seems they are making some progress.

I promise to try to update in the next few days and post my results so y'all won't feel all alone in this.

Just call me "scaredy cat"BigGrin

I, too, was very nervous about doing the updates and the SYNC to my Expression. I have never used CDS or the GYPSY, so I was afraid it would mess up my machine for using it manually (so to speak) vs. using CCR with it when it's hooked to the computer.

However, I was able to disengage it from the computer Saturday morning and my Expression worked as good manually as it does with the CCR program. I used the markers, so I was happy to see it still working for me after the SYNC.

I do wish more would come on and talk about what they're doing. Only a few of us have done that, really. I mean, I realize Beta Testing is just that. The people getting the feedback don't really have time to get back to us (I know that; I just don't like it), nor do they care about the fact we are interested in what everyone else is saying and are we all saying the same things or are we all having other problems others are/aren't.

We'll look forward to more comments here.

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#10 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 3:12:37 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
There are lots of users in the beta program for CCR. Some of them just don't get on the MB and some of them post in other forums.

Scrapalette - What other forums are they posting in; would love to know what they're saying. I have seen a few comments in the CIRCLE and a few on our other MB and those we see here. Where else are people talking about CCR?

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 3:16:00 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: GayleWheaton Go to Quoted Post
Confused What do you mean by 'Beta Tester'? I got an invitation to use the Beta Version - but so a LOT of other people I'm sure..............I will say, I spent about a half day on it and sent them about 20 messages on how to tweak their instructions to make it easier for people to understand (PC lets the engineers go around re-naming things, when REALLY the engineers should be using the terms that we all already know from using our machines!!!!Glare) (my "favorite" one was the screen showing Storybook images but they labeled it as 'Legacy cartridge' - I get that it was a put-down of the Pre-CCR carts, but I told them it would be JUST AS EASY to name the pic "Storybook" without causing a lot of people to freak thinking that there was a 'new' cart out named 'Legacy'....LOL Glare )

If you are able to CUT with the BETA version, I would say you are a Beta Tester. I don't think you can CUT unless you have actually been invited to be a Beta Tester. Many are able to access the Craftroom to play around in it, I think, without being a BETA TESTER. However, if you don't have the ability to CUT, you are probably not a Beta Tester.

I'm not sure what your other comments were about, so I can't comment on them.

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#12 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 3:17:11 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: Sawkat66 Go to Quoted Post
I guess I am beta - But..... I am NOT doing a lot with it now becuase it is not working with the imagine the way it should. It drives me up the wall with all the errors and wasted time and paper etc.... I wil try it again after the next update or fix batch.

Good luck, whenever that happens!

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#13 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 3:30:06 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: Glenda Go to Quoted Post
I was an early invite to be a Beta Tester, I had problems (which I reported) at the beginning with certain shapes being wonky on certain carts, then I got sooooo sick with pneumonia that I really wasn't doing anything but resting & trying to get well. Have been trying to use it again now, but it isn't working correctly for me for simple things, like not allowing me to drag an image to the mat, etc--very frustrating. And I've missed soooo much about it when I was so ill, & now I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be entering from the original email invite I received after the last CHA, or am I supposed to go in from Cricut.com or...???

I really would like to get back to working on it more, but I feel as if I need to get caught up on what the major issues were during the whole time I was sick & away from it--perfect example is what the heck is this about it damaging our machines??? Where do I find the info about that please?? TIA!!

Glenda - So sorry you were having a bout with pneumonia; hope you're well now and back to your old self. I have missed seeing you on the MB for a long time. It doesn't seem like you are ever here anymore; maybe I just don't know where you hang out.

I have noticed when we can't "drag" or "click" an image on the mat, it's much slower now. I think after they have added so many more to test, everything's gotten a little more bogged down. That's sad. Of course, there are times the images "drag" and "click" onto the mat right away; and, we're always happier when it works for us when we need it.

Didn't you get two icons on your desktop when you downloaded CCR from the email invitations? If you didn't, you can place them there by doing a search for CCR and finding which are the programs and place the icons on your desktop. I am using the original icons that came with the downloads from our initial emails. One icon is for the application (which does not include the CUT button) and the other is the program with the CUT button. You can design in the application without being on the internet (the way I understand it), but when you want to CUT, you would have to go to the other icon to CUT--which opens on the internet when you go into it.

When there are updates, you will automatically get a screen popup about them when you go into CCR. Also, with the last update, you need to go into CCR and go up to the HELP menu to update your drivers for the program (and for the machine you're using with CCR).

I don't think there's any way to find out about past issues, Glenda. If there is, I would like to know about them, too. To me, this is a "sink or swim" deal (Beta Testing) and there is absolutely no communication with PC on all the problems people have had.

I have never seen anything about it damaging anyone's machine. Unfortunately, when we aren't getting the results we want, sometimes, we are apt to say something general that doesn't really pertain to what's real. We make generalizations, then others pick it up and go off and tell their version and before you know it, things are being said that aren't quite true.

Char
jeaniepringle Offline
#14 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 4:44:52 AM(UTC)
jeaniepringle

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
Many are able to access the Craftroom to play around in it, I think, without being a BETA TESTER. Char

Really, how do I play around with it and not be a beta tester? I have the CCR link on my desktop, but it keeps saying I need an invite. TIA
 1 user thanked jeaniepringle for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 6/22/2011(UTC)
JodiBarber Offline
#15 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 5:54:49 AM(UTC)
JodiBarber

Was thanked: 110 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GayleWheaton Go to Quoted Post

ok the reason why it takes long for the update with the "newest" people being invited is because during testing there was at least 10 updates and when you update you are going through all of those...when we get a new update those of us that have been doing the updates all along..it only takes about 3 to 5 minutes...

Jodi
 1 user thanked JodiBarber for this useful post.
CricketCMV Offline
#16 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 7:36:56 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: jeaniepringle Go to Quoted Post
Really, how do I play around with it and not be a beta tester? I have the CCR link on my desktop, but it keeps saying I need an invite. TIA

I guess I'm wrong that everyone can play in it; I thought everyone could. So sorry you keep getting that message. Maybe, at some point, they cut new people off (if they had not been in it previously) from even playing in CCR. I don't think that's the case, though.

Did you download the CCR link from an invitation in your email? Or, did you go to Craftroom on the cricut.com site?

Perhaps, if you go and uninstall CCR and download it from Craftroom on cricut.com site, it will work the second time around? Just a suggestion. If you need help uninstalling, just ask. Someone can help. I'll try to help if I see you post here. I'll be back in a few hours after I get off-line in a few minutes.

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#17 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 7:43:17 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: JodiBarber Go to Quoted Post
ok the reason why it takes long for the update with the "newest" people being invited is because during testing there was at least 10 updates and when you update you are going through all of those...when we get a new update those of us that have been doing the updates all along..it only takes about 3 to 5 minutes...

Jodi

Jodi - I think it takes longer for some, depending on their computers, their RAM MEMORY in their computers, what Operating Systems they are using, etc.! While some of us have high speed internet connections, many don't. That interferes on downloads, too. So, we can't all get everything quickly. Also, some of us have desktops, others have MACS. It think MACS were having a lot of problems early on; I think things have changed for them, now, though.

It actually took me 23 minutes to do the SYNC on my Expression. The other downloads, so far, have all gone much quicker, but not everyone's setups allow for fast downloads.

That's frustrating, to say the least, to those who don't have faster connections or RAM MEMORY. When I only have 512MB RAM MEMORY, everything was much slower for me. When I added my RAM MEMORY up to 2 Gigabytes, everything got faster along with my DSL Broadband connection to the internet. I didn't do this until after we moved over to the new servers, so I was very frustrated on the old MB when everyone was having problems with it.

Char

BethMarohn Offline
#18 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 1:18:48 PM(UTC)
BethMarohn

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 107 post(s)
I wonder what it takes to be a tester? I did what I thought was a sign up for it but then again, I have to sign up every month just for the newsletter and seeing all the issues that everyone is having with this, maybe I don't need an invite...yet.
 1 user thanked BethMarohn for this useful post.
HollyHudspeth Offline
#19 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 4:05:10 PM(UTC)
HollyHudspeth

Was thanked: 529 time(s) in 309 post(s)
I am a beta tester and working with the Imagine and Expression 2. i have been able to print and cut with the Imagine. It was not consitantly cutting though. With this latest build I have had only one hitch with the Imagine. it has a hard time recognizing the cartridges. If I turn the I on and off, or close the CCR and reopen it or put the cartridge out and then back in...these solutions eventually lead to recognition. But which one is not consistent. I try them all unitl it works.

I have not tried it with the E2 yet. That was my plan for tonight but work just sent me some stuff to do tonight. Maybe tomorrow.
 1 user thanked HollyHudspeth for this useful post.
Khrista Offline
#20 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 4:52:28 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Was thanked: 2490 time(s) in 1389 post(s)
There's more people.... I finally switched to my Mac to see if I'd have any better luck with my Imagine and it at least finally was able to print. No cutting. I figure it's not worth trying over and over. Rumor is that they are working on all the Imagine issues and some of them are doozies. Hopefully it'll work eventually.

:)Khrista
 1 user thanked Khrista for this useful post.
GypsyBoricua Offline
#21 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 5:01:57 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 694 time(s) in 361 post(s)
I don't understand why they didn't design this like Microsoft Office and just have 3 components. Perhaps starting at the expression and getting all the bugs out of that one, release it and then work on the Imagine component, get the bugs out, release it and then work on the E2, get the bugs out and release it.

The Cartridge Library is like the Fonts Library in MS Office, and whether you are using Word or PowerPoint or Excel, they all use the same Fonts Library. They all use the same drivers, etc.

From what I read on this MB, the problems seem to be on the I and E2, then why not release the Expression part?

Just a thought.
 1 user thanked GypsyBoricua for this useful post.
Tahi Offline
#22 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 6:26:21 PM(UTC)
Tahi

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Beta User here Crying
 1 user thanked Tahi for this useful post.
Narelle Offline
#23 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 6:35:55 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Was thanked: 7571 time(s) in 3534 post(s)
Everyone who has access to Cricut Craft Room (both the online version and the desktop version) are Beta Testers. At the moment I'm sure that number is in the thousands (especially as most Circle members have access to it).

There's just not that many users posting about it.

At the moment I'm spending more time getting my head around it and trying to get my various cricuts working with it, than posting about it. I answer questions where I can though.
 1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
WindedHare Offline
#24 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 6:48:57 PM(UTC)
WindedHare

Was thanked: 68 time(s) in 60 post(s)
I got the invite, so I guess I'm a beta tester.

I have an E2, I can design, cannot cut. when I try to cut I get error messages PLUS I lose my saved project! I wasted alot of time as I expected to be able to cut, re-doing my project three times over. I sent a note to PC, but didnt even receive an auto-reply of acknowledgement.

I just wish I had seen this thread earlier, and known it was not going to cut. I appreciated the preview of the tool, but frankly too busy to waste so have wasted so much time in it. I would just tinkered to play instead of building out a whole project and frustrating myself. I expect a bug here and there during beta, but cut is key functionality not to have working. As a IT professional, I just feel this should be uncovered in unit testing within PC, not as part of beta testing with external customers.

Many people are eager to get into CCR, but for me, I'd rather not be in it until the major kinks are worked through.

Thanks for letting me express my thoughts on this matter! :-) Now I've got new cartridges so I'm ready to go and play.
 1 user thanked WindedHare for this useful post.
Judy Ashmore Offline
#25 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 7:07:59 PM(UTC)
Judy Ashmore

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 37 post(s)
I am a beta tester like many of you. I have worked with ccr some and I think it will be a great program WHEN they get all the problems worked out with the programming.
I have an e2 and I cannot cut, it will not recognize my e2 even though it is plugged into the computer. Makes not sense yet, so I am calling about it tomorrow. I have been worried about trying a cut, but then when I did try it would not work, soooooooo! YAHOO PC, you will hear my voice tomorrow!
I hope they get it ready soon, I really do think it will be nice, someday LOL
 1 user thanked Judy Ashmore for this useful post.
CricketCMV Offline
#26 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 7:56:52 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: RebeccaMesa Go to Quoted Post
I don't understand why they didn't design this like Microsoft Office and just have 3 components. Perhaps starting at the expression and getting all the bugs out of that one, release it and then work on the Imagine component, get the bugs out, release it and then work on the E2, get the bugs out and release it.

The Cartridge Library is like the Fonts Library in MS Office, and whether you are using Word or PowerPoint or Excel, they all use the same Fonts Library. They all use the same drivers, etc.

From what I read on this MB, the problems seem to be on the I and E2, then why not release the Expression part?

Just a thought.

My Expression was working perfectly until they made their changes around Memorial Day. Then, after Build 50 and the SYNCs, everything went to pot. Nothing works for me, now. Maybe they thought we should have to do some complaining, too! LOL!! I had made several projects, was cutting layers and finishing projects. Now, I can't start one project with one image, because nothing is working for me, now.

I agree. If it wasn't broken, why fix it or do something to take it away! Well, it all has to work together.

Char

CricketCMV Offline
#27 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 8:01:50 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: BethMarohn Go to Quoted Post
I wonder what it takes to be a tester? I did what I thought was a sign up for it but then again, I have to sign up every month just for the newsletter and seeing all the issues that everyone is having with this, maybe I don't need an invite...yet.

Beth - I believe they started with CIRCLE members to start out testing. Then, just a little while back, they supposedly opened it to everyone on both message boards. BUT, I think they started running into quite a few problems with people not being able to access it correctly. Then, they started inviting by email, again, which is what they did initially with the CIRCLE members. Rather than say EVERYONE can come on, they tried to control it again (that's JMHO).

I got the email early on--and, we were all told to watch for our emails if we were, in fact, going to be asked to BETA TEST. I got mine and held onto it for a few weeks because I was afraid to mess up my machine. Then, when I decided I would gamble on CCR, I went ahead and downloaded off my email invitation. I had to ask for the CUT feature, when I heard everyone else saying they could CUT, because I never received the email on that until I called PC and told them I was a BETA TESTER. After the initial CUT email, I had to call them again for a FIX to my CUT download. After that, everything worked for quite a while, until Memorial Day fiasco!

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#28 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 8:04:46 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
Everyone who has access to Cricut Craft Room (both the online version and the desktop version) are Beta Testers. At the moment I'm sure that number is in the thousands (especially as most Circle members have access to it).

There's just not that many users posting about it.

At the moment I'm spending more time getting my head around it and trying to get my various cricuts working with it, than posting about it. I answer questions where I can though.

Narelle - I haven't seen any posts from you for a while.

Is anything working for you, or are you having the same problems a lot of us are having?

I don't think EVERYONE who has access to CCR are Beta Testers (maybe I'm wrong). At least, if they are, they don't know it, because many of them are having trouble getting anything to CUT.

I hope you'll come back and answer this question. TIA!

Char

Edited by user Wednesday, June 22, 2011 8:05:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Christel Offline
#29 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 8:07:08 PM(UTC)
Christel

Was thanked: 117 time(s) in 66 post(s)
I never received an invite but could login this morning and I can cut with my E2. I didnt download anything other than the built 50 update.
However, it only works with my E2 because my E and I do not cut. The I prints though, it does that.

Cheers,
Christel
 1 user thanked Christel for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 6/23/2011(UTC)
Kat Offline
#30 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 8:10:25 PM(UTC)
Kat

Was thanked: 450 time(s) in 281 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
Scrapalette - What other forums are they posting in; would love to know what they're saying. I have seen a few comments in the CIRCLE and a few on our other MB and those we see here. Where else are people talking about CCR?

Char

Ditto
 1 user thanked Kat for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 6/23/2011(UTC)