Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

GrammyCris Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2011 8:45:22 PM(UTC)
GrammyCris

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1112 time(s) in 521 post(s)
I needed to cut a full matt of text out of vinyl tonight for my store doors. I got all the text put in to CCR, put my vinyl sheet on the matt and proceeded to cut. It cut 2 words out and then ran the blade clear across the matt cutting the vinyl sheet in half.....

I can probably salvage some of the vinyl but this ticks me off! Vinyl is not cheap! I am through with CCR until everyone on the board is saying it is wonderful!
Sheree Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2011 9:08:19 PM(UTC)
Sheree

Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 69 post(s)
I was invited to use it like weeks ago and still can't get in...rather be doing something else than fiddling with this rot...I am over it...Sheree(Downunder)Cursing Cursing
Teresa Turner Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 18, 2011 7:07:26 PM(UTC)
Teresa Turner

United States

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 114 post(s)
I haven't even used it or tried to yet - I don't want to mess my stuff up!!!!
CherylfromOz Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 12:27:05 AM(UTC)
CherylfromOz

Australia

Was thanked: 249 time(s) in 154 post(s)
I am over it too, and I haven't even tried to cut, I have been able to get in for a few weeks now, have created a lo or 2, just playing, tried to get in tonight and it tells me there is an update so I do that, everything disappears after a bit, then nothing, no matter what I do it won't open. I have to say I was not that impressed with it anyway so I will not waste time going again
JodiBarber Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 5:02:50 AM(UTC)
JodiBarber

Was thanked: 110 time(s) in 77 post(s)
just my opinion I wouldn't have trusted it to do a major project until its actually released and bug free

I love the program and its abilities...I have imagine trust me I am anxious for it to work I haven't been able to cut anything ...just play....but if it did sorta work right now I still wouldn't have used it on expensive materials or a major project.....
scrapalette Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 7:37:07 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18411 time(s) in 8182 post(s)
I agree. The program is still in beta testing meaning there are bugs to work out. I haven't used it with my expensive or limited supplies yet but I'm loving the design capabilities and can't wait for the fully functioning program to be launched.

I am sorry your project was ruined.
GrammyCris Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 12:04:18 PM(UTC)
GrammyCris

Was thanked: 1112 time(s) in 521 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
I agree. The program is still in beta testing meaning there are bugs to work out. I haven't used it with my expensive or limited supplies yet but I'm loving the design capabilities and can't wait for the fully functioning program to be launched.

I am sorry your project was ruined.

Oh, believe me I would not have tried the vinyl as a first cut....I have played with CCR for several weeks and had cut several test project. I was frustrated at a few other things with the program but had not had a cutting problem until this....it was just kind of the last straw of problems and frustrations.

I will just stay with my Gypsy...it is dependable!
BarbaraTravis Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 1:01:39 PM(UTC)
BarbaraTravis

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 231 time(s) in 178 post(s)
I think I'm missing the point of the CCR. I have two expressions, a gypsy, design studio and I will be getting an imagine at some point. I just can't figure out why I would need to mess with CCR.

I'm not trying to be mean or snotty here, I truly don't see the point.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Barb
CricutCutie Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 1:09:38 PM(UTC)
CricutCutie

United States

Was thanked: 80 time(s) in 61 post(s)
Barb, my thinking is that CDS is an older program and Craftroom is supposed to be an improvement over that. I personally don't own a Gypsy and haven't been able to talk myself into paying the $100+ it would take to buy one. However, I would like the option of welding words, previewing where cuts are going to happen so I can use my paper wisely, etc. Therefore, Craftroom is my best option right now - once it gets worked out and is released, I'm hoping to be able to use it to its full potential, for free, and get more from my E.

Charlene
 1 user thanked CricutCutie for this useful post.
BarbaraTravis on 6/21/2011(UTC)
BarbaraTravis Offline
#10 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 1:14:48 PM(UTC)
BarbaraTravis

Was thanked: 231 time(s) in 178 post(s)
*s* Thank you Charlene, that makes sense.

Barb
CricketCMV Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 3:56:19 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 7587 time(s) in 4442 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GrammyCris Go to Quoted Post
Oh, believe me I would not have tried the vinyl as a first cut....I have played with CCR for several weeks and had cut several test project. I was frustrated at a few other things with the program but had not had a cutting problem until this....it was just kind of the last straw of problems and frustrations.

I will just stay with my Gypsy...it is dependable!

I know it's frustrating that we start on a project and can't finish it, also, but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is in BETA and it can't always work right and that's why we are here--trying to help PC figure out where they need to change things and how to make things better for everyone. It is fun being in on the BETA, but it can also be very frustrating--with my biggest beef being about the non-communication. SKYPE is in BETA, also, and you can't get any information you need out of them, either, when you have a problem.

So sorry your vinyl got ruined; I agree, it's kind of expensive. Like you, I would go ahead and try something like that if it was working good up to trying something new. Then, if we're so frustrated, we will just wait until someone says it's working.

Char

CricketCMV Offline
#12 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 4:00:01 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: BarbaraTravis Go to Quoted Post
I think I'm missing the point of the CCR. I have two expressions, a gypsy, design studio and I will be getting an imagine at some point. I just can't figure out why I would need to mess with CCR.

I'm not trying to be mean or snotty here, I truly don't see the point.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Barb

I have been loving what I can do in CCR. I don't have CDS or a GYPSY. So, being able to weld and manipulate images/fonts has been truly a blast for me in CCR. I think they are doing it for "good will" among their customers (when it gets off the ground) and their thinking is it will entice more people to buy more cartridges. I have already bought four lately that I wasn't going to buy; just because I must have them to work in CCR and see many more possibilities with images/fonts than I ever could before CCR.

I was getting disillusioned by PC in producing the 100 carts and most of them not being full carts anymore; but, now I need some of those newer cartridges with many more ideas than I had before CCR.

Char
 1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
BarbaraTravis on 6/22/2011(UTC)
cricaholic Offline
#13 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 4:15:24 PM(UTC)
cricaholic

Was thanked: 1172 time(s) in 667 post(s)
Cursing CCR has TOOOOOOoooooooo.......many PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crying I don't think they'll ever launch it!!!

Sneaky Weren't they suppose to launch it in April and here it is mid June and STILL to many "bugs".
CricketCMV Offline
#14 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 5:40:23 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

JodiBarber just posted that she is able to do some things now she couldn't do before.

THERE's A NEW UPDATE TODAY, to BUILD 50.

I have just done the new update and can't wait to see if they've fixed a lot of our problems.!!

Char
SouthernGypsy Offline
#15 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 8:28:40 AM(UTC)
SouthernGypsy

United States

Was thanked: 2705 time(s) in 1108 post(s)
I have tried it a few times, but each time had issues, I will keep trying but I'm hoping to see SOME improvements soon!

Patty
CricketCMV Offline
#16 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 9:51:17 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

It's getting very frustrating not to have ANY FEEDBACK from CCR/PC. Do you ever get the feeling this is just a "lead on"? I mean, really, isn't there any communication in this world at all anymore?

I know as BETA TESTERS we will run into problems; but to have no communication as to where anyone stands and/or NO SOLUTIONS to all of our problems coming out after weeks and weeks, this is getting to be beyond ridiculous.

I know, be patient! I thought I was a very patient person; but, I guess I'm finding out I'm not so much!

Char
scarlet squirrel Offline
#17 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2011 4:55:06 PM(UTC)
scarlet squirrel

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 94 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
It's getting very frustrating not to have ANY FEEDBACK from CCR/PC. Do you ever get the feeling this is just a "lead on"? I mean, really, isn't there any communication in this world at all anymore?

I know as BETA TESTERS we will run into problems; but to have no communication as to where anyone stands and/or NO SOLUTIONS to all of our problems coming out after weeks and weeks, this is getting to be beyond ridiculous.

I know, be patient! I thought I was a very patient person; but, I guess I'm finding out I'm not so much!

Char

Thank you for being honest. I agree completely. It seems as though nothing is done about anything we so-called testers feed back to them. I have my own ideas about "leading on" (and dragging on) the craft room. Honesly, I am trying to do projects with the program, but it's not cooperating. It's amazingly UNcooperative. Yet when I feed that back (along with others) the problems still persist then I have to question what's going on. It's only human.
 1 user thanked scarlet squirrel for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 6/24/2011(UTC)