Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

PeggyBenoit Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2011 12:10:07 PM(UTC)
PeggyBenoit

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Wish I had done more research and bought a different machine before buying the E2. Waiting on CCR is so frustrating, and I don't understand why welding, etc. wouldn't be built into the machine anyway. Makes no sense. I shouldn't have to be waiting to be able to maximize the use of such an expensive machine in the first place. Not happy!!!!Mad
 2 users thanked PeggyBenoit for this useful post.
MaureenAlferez on 6/17/2011(UTC), BarbaraBenoit on 6/19/2011(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2011 9:19:34 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7600 time(s) in 4449 post(s)
Originally Posted by: PeggyBenoit Go to Quoted Post
Wish I had done more research and bought a different machine before buying the E2. Waiting on CCR is so frustrating, and I don't understand why welding, etc. wouldn't be built into the machine anyway. Makes no sense. I shouldn't have to be waiting to be able to maximize the use of such an expensive machine in the first place. Not happy!!!!Mad

Peggy - I agree PC should have waited to sell the E2 AFTER CCR became available and/or they should have made it very plain UP FRONT that CCR would not work for a while until it went public. I never heard them really come out and say it wouldn't be available right away, so I think it was wrong on their part to sell it in that way (and, I might be wrong, but I didn't hear anything said about the fact it WOULDN'T work right away when I was listening to the infomercials or what I've read about E2).

BUT, all in all, I think if you can hold on a little longer, I think you're going to LOVE what CCR will do with your E2. I would give anything to have the E2--but, I have an Expression and everything is working just fine with it and I'm a very happy camper with CCR thus far. Having said that, I've never had the Design Software or a GYPSY, so this is very new to me and I'm loving everything I can do with it. WELDING and re-sizing (width and heighth) give a lot of possibilities to our images/letters.

Hang on a little longer. Or, a lot longer. Who knows. I think you're going to be very happy. I hope you will be, anyway. You can do other things with your E2 without CCR, right? Maybe I'm not understanding how E2 works, but I think there are still a lot of neat features there until CCR is up and running.

Char
MaureenAlferez Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2011 4:41:20 PM(UTC)
MaureenAlferez

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
Peggy - I agree PC should have waited to sell the E2 AFTER CCR became available and/or they should have made it very plain UP FRONT that CCR would not work for a while until it went public. I never heard them really come out and say it wouldn't be available right away, so I think it was wrong on their part to sell it in that way (and, I might be wrong, but I didn't hear anything said about the fact it WOULDN'T work right away when I was listening to the infomercials or what I've read about E2).

BUT, all in all, I think if you can hold on a little longer, I think you're going to LOVE what CCR will do with your E2. I would give anything to have the E2--but, I have an Expression and everything is working just fine with it and I'm a very happy camper with CCR thus far. Having said that, I've never had the Design Software or a GYPSY, so this is very new to me and I'm loving everything I can do with it. WELDING and re-sizing (width and heighth) give a lot of possibilities to our images/letters.

Hang on a little longer. Or, a lot longer. Who knows. I think you're going to be very happy. I hope you will be, anyway. You can do other things with your E2 without CCR, right? Maybe I'm not understanding how E2 works, but I think there are still a lot of neat features there until CCR is up and running.

Char

Actually, the E2 is just like the old Expression except that it has a computerized LCD screen and it is not DS compatible. So imagine no welding and no arranging or combining images and letters and you've got the E2. Without CCR all it can do is cut out one letter or image at a time. It is a step backwards to say the least. I don't have an E2 but I have the Imagine and having similar issues. Unable to create anything and I can count on one hand the number of times I have used it. I too regret the purchase and wish I would have waited until CCR was up and running. I purchased it in March because PC assured us that CCR would be ready in April. For now, it's just something else I need to dust everyday.
MaureenAlferez Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2011 4:47:30 PM(UTC)
MaureenAlferez

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: PeggyBenoit Go to Quoted Post

I agree with you completely. I personally think that E2 and Imagine purchasers should have been given priority in trying out CCR. Not because we are more important or anything but because there is so little we can do with either machine without DS. We are back to just cutting one letter or image out at a time. I haven't used my Imagine hardly at all because I weld everything! In fact, I purchased DS years ago so I wouldn't have to cut letters one at a time and I buy the latest machine and now I'm back to cutting letters out one at a time again! I thought when you buy the latest and greatest that it would improve upon what you already had not take you a step backwards. Anyway, I hear your frustration. I hope PC hears it too.
 1 user thanked MaureenAlferez for this useful post.
BarbaraBenoit on 6/19/2011(UTC)
PeggyBenoit Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2011 6:34:47 PM(UTC)
PeggyBenoit

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
You all said it so much better than I did, but I had no idea the limitations when I bought it. I still don't know why they do not build "welding" into the machine to start with....That only makes sense. And for DS to not work with an E2 is ridiculous. There are so many things I want to do, but really at a standstill right now. And my machine is basically brand new.