Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

6thprentontawnyowld26b3dd9 Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 3:17:15 PM(UTC)
6thprentontawnyowld26b3dd9

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 59 post(s)
I was sad to see that i person has already got 4 lots of the e2 machine avabile for sale on ebay one of them finishes in 1 day and so many hours how can this be when so many of you are now sgetting emails fron hsn saying that you might not get your machine you ordered it angers me that i know that we cant buy them in the uk england yet and then might not be able to get the anniversary e2 with the 4 carts loaded but how has this person got 4 sorry all rant over feel much better now good look to all of you how have ordered them .
14cross Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 3:34:22 PM(UTC)
14cross

Groups: Cricut Community Moderator, Registered

Was thanked: 798 time(s) in 205 post(s)
Originally Posted by: lisajane Go to Quoted Post
I was sad to see that i person has already got 4 lots of the e2 machine avabile for sale on ebay one of them finishes in 1 day and so many hours how can this be when so many of you are now sgetting emails fron hsn saying that you might not get your machine you ordered it angers me that i know that we cant buy them in the uk england yet and then might not be able to get the anniversary e2 with the 4 carts loaded but how has this person got 4 sorry all rant over feel much better now good look to all of you how have ordered them .

I don't know the situation but I can tell you they did not buy them from PC. They likely bought them from HSN and are just trying to turn a profit by selling them on eBay immediatley while they are scarce.

Chris
Provo Craft
SusanNorthofChicago Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 4:14:48 PM(UTC)
SusanNorthofChicago

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
It's not just a profit in some cases - it is really trying to take advantage of others - sorry, but I just don't think that is right. The highest ones are almost $700.00 - almost twice the price offered on HSN. I believe in making a profit but I still believe we should be fair with others and not grossly take advantage of a situation like this.

I know some people have received notices that the machines will be delayed. What happens when one of these sellers finds themselves with their shipment delayed - or even possibly put on back order for an unknown amount of time.

Then the buyers have been taken advantage of twice - once on price and once on delivery.

It's almost a triple disappointment for them - missing the HSN launch, paying a huge amount of money and then waiting for a product to be shipped to two different locations.

ElaCaughtABug Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 4:23:06 PM(UTC)
ElaCaughtABug

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Just think about when the Gypsy came out, same thing with e-bay...they sold for twice as much in some cases even more! A year later they went on clearance at M's for $25!!! I don't think that that will happen with the E2, but they price will come down one day, sooner or later. I think it is crazy that people post them at such an outrages price, but if nobody would buy them, they wouldn't post them that high....sadly some people are willing to pay the price. But I have a question for you guys, I already posted this one, but didn't really got the answere yet. What is the difference between using the E with the G and the new E2? Isn't it basicly the same thing?
ChunkyMonkey Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 4:25:39 PM(UTC)
ChunkyMonkey

Was thanked: 61 time(s) in 48 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SusanNorthofChicago Go to Quoted Post
It's not just a profit in some cases - it is really trying to take advantage of others - sorry, but I just don't think that is right. The highest ones are almost $700.00 - almost twice the price offered on HSN. I believe in making a profit but I still believe we should be fair with others and not grossly take advantage of a situation like this.

I know some people have received notices that the machines will be delayed. What happens when one of these sellers finds themselves with their shipment delayed - or even possibly put on back order for an unknown amount of time.

Then the buyers have been taken advantage of twice - once on price and once on delivery.

It's almost a triple disappointment for them - missing the HSN launch, paying a huge amount of money and then waiting for a product to be shipped to two different locations.

I will totally agree with you...it isn't right. But I'm sure someone out there will pay that price. Some people want it that bad then they will pay it. That is what ebay is for. You bid what you are willing to pay. Like supply and demand....the less out in the world the demand is higher and some people will pay whatever for it. Not me of course, as most of the people on this board won't either I imagine. Who ever bought them from HSN is probably not on this board or a crafter. They just figure someone will pay that. I hope everyone get's their machines that ordered them.

Like 14cross said....that person on ebay is trying to turn a profit. A HUGE profit, but a profit.
Bearylish Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 4:28:29 PM(UTC)
Bearylish

Was thanked: 118 time(s) in 54 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ElaCaughtABug Go to Quoted Post
What is the difference between using the E with the G and the new E2? Isn't it basicly the same thing?

No you don't have the ability to weld, hide contours, design and save projects or move things all around the mat. It shows the carts and images electronically like the gypsy but not the same. I will still be using my gypsy a lot just because I love it but so far am liking the new machine.
 2 users thanked Bearylish for this useful post.
ChunkyMonkey on 4/28/2011(UTC), ElaCaughtABug on 4/28/2011(UTC)
Trish S Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 8:42:46 PM(UTC)
Trish S

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I guess it is no different than when the Wii came out and people paid 2 & 3 times as much on ebay just to get it for their kids. I can't say that I completely agree with it, but there are people who are willing to pay the money. In their cases, more power to them for having the money to go and get what they want.
BunnieScraps Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2011 3:15:19 PM(UTC)
BunnieScraps

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
TOTALLY AGREE -- I've seen the E2 on ebay! Some people just aren't nice, I guess! While I do use ebay to buy most of my carts & many of my other craft supplies, I only pay up to the price I am willing to pay (afford!!)& usually only from the sellers I've already dealt with & KNOW I'm going to receive my stuff in perfect condition in a reasonable amt of time. I just can't see spending 100's of $$ for something you can't see! BUT SOME people do! And as long as they do, there will ALWAYS be those out there ready to take advantage when situation arises.
Laura