Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

20 Pages<1234>»
farmscraps Offline
#31 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2011 8:41:32 AM(UTC)
farmscraps

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 249 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TammyJ Go to Quoted Post
The Design Studio software is what I am talking about.

oh... ok. They said it wasnt compatible with DS... but it will be compatible with the CCR and the G!!! Good luck making a decision!!BigGrin
MonikaWilson Offline
#32 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2011 9:07:12 AM(UTC)
MonikaWilson

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Still have the same problem with the Just a Note cart. WIll try later to see if my Create a Critter works as it did with the regular Expression.
patricialewis@verizon.net Offline
#33 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2011 9:23:21 AM(UTC)
patricialewis@verizon.net

Was thanked: 80 time(s) in 54 post(s)
Hi I brought the E2 too but haven't receieve it yet
will get it may16 I hope. I read that it will not
work with DS. I have the E. and I don't have the
G. I will keep my E and when I want to use my DS
I'll use my E so that won't be a problem I hope,I
can't wait to get mines. I want to ask your a question and that is what is Callibrating the screen. How do you do that.Thanks
VickieMoore1 Offline
#34 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2011 9:56:44 AM(UTC)
VickieMoore1

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I am so sad mine isn't working..the carts looked so much fun. It was working before i updated the firmware and installed the driver. Now i wish i hadn't messed with that!! Now i have a lit up power cord and power button and that is all!!! I wish i knew how to reset my machine back to factory. My computer can't even find it anymore. I even tried on my son's computer and nothing!!Mad I so do not look forward to talking to PC this Monday Crying
farmscraps Offline
#35 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2011 10:54:38 AM(UTC)
farmscraps

Originally Posted by: VickieMoore1 Go to Quoted Post
I am so sad mine isn't working..the carts looked so much fun. It was working before i updated the firmware and installed the driver. Now i wish i hadn't messed with that!! Now i have a lit up power cord and power button and that is all!!! I wish i knew how to reset my machine back to factory. My computer can't even find it anymore. I even tried on my son's computer and nothing!!Mad I so do not look forward to talking to PC this Monday Crying

bummer I am so sorry.Crying Hope it is an easy fix.. I just tried to update my G to get ready for my E2 and it didnt work. So now none of my linked carts are showing up and I am getting a bit irritated.Cursing . so I will be calling PC monday also...hope they have lots of CS reps on MOnday.LOL
VickieMoore1 Offline
#36 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2011 11:38:12 AM(UTC)
VickieMoore1

Thanks at least the weather is nice in my part of Ohio so i can go enjoy myself...and hang clothes LOL. Then Monday be calling CS. I hope they can fix both our problems..i wish there was a way to reset the machine without cricut sync. I am hoping there is a way. Oh yeah my gypsy is not recognizing my e2 neither is my computer...hmmmm
farmscraps Offline
#37 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2011 11:43:26 AM(UTC)
farmscraps

Thanks at least the weather is nice in my part of Ohio so i can go enjoy myself...and hang clothes LOL. Then Monday be calling CS. I hope they can fix both our problems..i wish there was a way to reset the machine without cricut sync. I am hoping there is a way. Oh yeah my gypsy is not recognizing my e2 neither is my computer...hmmmm

Weather is beautiful here too.BigGrin My G is blank nothing but the welcome screen. I cant access any of my carts so I am going to give up until hubby comes home from work because I am getting way to frustrated... I dont have my E2 yet I was just trying to update my G so it would be ready when my E2 arrived...
VickieMoore1 Offline
#38 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2011 11:47:16 AM(UTC)
VickieMoore1

Originally Posted by: farmscraps Go to Quoted Post
Weather is beautiful here too.BigGrin My G is blank nothing but the welcome screen. I cant access any of my carts so I am going to give up until hubby comes home from work because I am getting way to frustrated... I dont have my E2 yet I was just trying to update my G so it would be ready when my E2 arrived...

Hey that was my thoughts exactly...i had to walk away before i got too upset. Same here i am letting hubby try to figure it out when he gets off work!!
farmscraps Offline
#39 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2011 1:07:31 PM(UTC)
farmscraps

Hey that was my thoughts exactly...i had to walk away before i got too upset. Same here i am letting hubby try to figure it out when he gets off work!!

LOL.. We are in the same boat then...BigGrin Just hope our hubbies will be willing to figure it out after a long day at work.Flapper
gerrywolfe Offline
#40 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2011 6:07:09 PM(UTC)
gerrywolfe

I received my E2 yesterday. PROBLEM. I followed the quick start instructions and when I tried to hold the mat up to the rollers is was very difficult (tight). The blade depth is only set to 1. I pressed cut and it proceeded to move to the left and cut my image. It also cut all the way across the paper. When I press unload mat it cut from the image to the start position. I also tried it on blade depth 6 and it would not budge and cut right thru my mat. When blade depth is on 6 you can not enven load the mat.
It destroyed the mat.
Scraplady2001 Offline
#41 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2011 6:54:54 PM(UTC)
Scraplady2001

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Originally Posted by: patricialewis@verizon.net Go to Quoted Post
Hi I brought the E2 too but haven't receieve it yet
will get it may16 I hope. I read that it will not
work with DS. I have the E. and I don't have the
G. I will keep my E and when I want to use my DS
I'll use my E so that won't be a problem I hope,I
can't wait to get mines. I want to ask your a question and that is what is Callibrating the screen. How do you do that.Thanks

Calibrating the screen is to let the machine know that when you tap the bottom right corner it recognizes that you tapped there. It's really easy to do. The first time you turn it on it will ask you to do this. After a screen or two it will bring you to a blue screen with a cross on one of the corners. With the stylus tap in the center of that cross. The cross will then move to the next corner and so on. Until you have tapped all four corners. Then the cross moves to the center. Tap that one. And bam calibration done.

Amy
scrapalette Offline
#42 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2011 9:22:51 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18430 time(s) in 8191 post(s)
Originally Posted by: gerrywolfe Go to Quoted Post
I received my E2 yesterday. PROBLEM. I followed the quick start instructions and when I tried to hold the mat up to the rollers is was very difficult (tight). The blade depth is only set to 1. I pressed cut and it proceeded to move to the left and cut my image. It also cut all the way across the paper. When I press unload mat it cut from the image to the start position. I also tried it on blade depth 6 and it would not budge and cut right thru my mat. When blade depth is on 6 you can not enven load the mat.
It destroyed the mat.

Sounds like your blade housing unit is installed too low. I would check that first.

Was your mat "in" the guides on each side, or on top of them?
Commit2memory Offline
#43 Posted : Sunday, May 01, 2011 8:35:48 AM(UTC)
Commit2memory

Originally Posted by: craftyculinarian Go to Quoted Post
Hello fellow E2 owners I too received my cricut late yesterday evening (April 28th) but didn't play with it because it was getting late so as soon as I got home from work today I quickly opened up and calibrated and registered my E2 only to realize that it was missing the stylus. I double checked all the packaging and looked in the spot where the quick start guide and book said it was and NO STYLUS only an EMPTY SPACE. I didn't panic I just called HSN and asked them to send me one and they put me on hold and come back and told me they sold out of the styluses. UNBELIEVEABLE!!!Cursing She then tells me she was sorry but I could either send it back or keep it as is. I told her how are you guys going to sell me a product with one of the parts missing and then tell me oh well sorry you can send it back and I am paying you over $300 for the rest of my life. She had no answer except to tell me I could send it back for a refund or call Provo Craft and that is what I did the good folks @ Provo Craft BigGrin did the honorable thing and they will be sending a stylus to me. I have been a faithful supporter and customer to both Provo Craft and HSN I was very disappointed with HSN and won't be purchasing anymore craft items from then for a long time. Once I finish paying this machine off I am waiting. I gave this long winded speech to say BE CAREFUL and check your machine out thoroughly. I am also thrilled to have my new toy home and safe especially after reading some posts stating they were told they wouldn't get their machine. Enjoy all!!! Nique Laugh

Sorry to hear about all the drama with the sylusGlare . I initially had the same problem and was getting ready to call HSN to get one, when I realized that it is in the housing of the door. I'm glad Provo Craft is taking care of you, but thought since the Gypsy uses a stylus I wonder if you might be able to purchase a stylus at Michael's for the Gypsy that will fit the housing of the E2? I'm sure if you have kids with a DS that would work in the interum as well.

Happy scrapping and I'm glad this was resolved for you.
 1 user thanked Commit2memory for this useful post.
craftyculinarian on 5/4/2011(UTC)
rhondah* Offline
#44 Posted : Sunday, May 01, 2011 2:20:21 PM(UTC)
rhondah*

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 12400 time(s) in 8270 post(s)
I received my E2 on Thursday and have had all weekend to play with it. I love it! No issues, so far.BigGrin
scraphappysteph Offline
#45 Posted : Sunday, May 01, 2011 3:03:19 PM(UTC)
scraphappysteph

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 433 time(s) in 325 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MonikaWilson Go to Quoted Post
Still have the same problem with the Just a Note cart. WIll try later to see if my Create a Critter works as it did with the regular Expression.

I could be wrong but the only layers that are supposed to actually go with it are the card and card layer. The other layers are actually for the main image (I think). The only way I can think to go around this would be to use your gypsy or CCR or ds to size them as needed and then when you put the image into the E2 then resize for the layers.

DOes that make sense?

I could totally be wrong since I haven't tried it yet but I am going to today BigGrin
farmscraps Offline
#46 Posted : Sunday, May 01, 2011 3:11:20 PM(UTC)
farmscraps

Originally Posted by: rhondah* Go to Quoted Post
I received my E2 on Thursday and have had all weekend to play with it. I love it! No issues, so far.BigGrin

Yeah so happy for you!! I cant wait for mine to come.. I Might have to kiss the UPS man when he delivers it!!Blushing Dont know what DH would think about that though!!LOL
gypsyblossom Offline
#47 Posted : Sunday, May 01, 2011 3:17:49 PM(UTC)
gypsyblossom

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Mine will be here tomorrow I just can't wait. I hope it's early in the day since it did say it would be delivered by the end of the day ughhhh. I cannot wait to get my hands on it. Come on ups bring me my toy please.
scraphappysteph Offline
#48 Posted : Sunday, May 01, 2011 3:42:11 PM(UTC)
scraphappysteph

Was thanked: 433 time(s) in 325 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scraphappysteph Go to Quoted Post
I could be wrong but the only layers that are supposed to actually go with it are the card and card layer. The other layers are actually for the main image (I think). The only way I can think to go around this would be to use your gypsy or CCR or ds to size them as needed and then when you put the image into the E2 then resize for the layers.

DOes that make sense?

I could totally be wrong since I haven't tried it yet but I am going to today BigGrin

I see what you mean about not lining up right. They are just a bit off Crying
Bearylish Offline
#49 Posted : Sunday, May 01, 2011 4:30:21 PM(UTC)
Bearylish

Was thanked: 118 time(s) in 54 post(s)
I have been having so much fun playing with this machine. I have been using the gypsy a lot which is pretty normal for me. I have played with just the machine and really like it. It cuts fabulous! I have noticed that sometimes it doesn't connect well with the gypsy most of the time I don't have a problem but every now and again I have to unplug the gypsy and plug it back in again till it works. Has anyone else had this problem?
noradickey Offline
#50 Posted : Sunday, May 01, 2011 4:53:13 PM(UTC)
noradickey

Was thanked: 103 time(s) in 65 post(s)
Question 1 for you ladies and gentleman (Chris), I'm having a problem with my light. It lights up when I tell it to light up all the time but when I put just light up when cutting, it doesn't light up at all. What should I do?

Question 2: Did I miss something? Can you move the images around on the screen (mat), like you can on the gypsy and DS?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Cricut Cathy Offline
#51 Posted : Sunday, May 01, 2011 4:58:22 PM(UTC)
Cricut Cathy

I'm loving it. I love all the new features and the touch screen. The intro. video with Matt was a great tool to help me know and find all the things the cricut can do. LOVE IT> BigGrin
gerrywolfe Offline
#52 Posted : Sunday, May 01, 2011 4:59:07 PM(UTC)
gerrywolfe

Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
Sounds like your blade housing unit is installed too low. I would check that first.

Was your mat "in" the guides on each side, or on top of them?

Thanks for your reply.

Yes the mat was in the guides. I think I installed the blade assembly correctly. I also have the espression and when I compare the blade assembly they are a little different. On E when I have the dial on 1 you can not see the blade sticking out, but when I have the E2 dial on 1 a little of the blade is showing. When E2 dial is on 6 a lot of the blade is showing compared to the E blade.
Bearylish Offline
#53 Posted : Sunday, May 01, 2011 7:52:30 PM(UTC)
Bearylish

Was thanked: 118 time(s) in 54 post(s)
Originally Posted by: noradickey Go to Quoted Post
Question 1 for you ladies and gentleman (Chris), I'm having a problem with my light. It lights up when I tell it to light up all the time but when I put just light up when cutting, it doesn't light up at all. What should I do?

Question 2: Did I miss something? Can you move the images around on the screen (mat), like you can on the gypsy and DS?

I'm not sure about the light. I know when I have my gypsy going it doesn't light up but has been working when I cut without.

No you can't move things around on the mat. You can just use the return and space. Or you can set the starting point of where you want it to start cutting.
 1 user thanked Bearylish for this useful post.
noradickey on 5/3/2011(UTC)
Lena Offline
#54 Posted : Sunday, May 01, 2011 7:59:26 PM(UTC)
Lena

Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Hi Chris,

Well, I received my E2 and as far as the shipping, the box looks like it was handled fairly well.

I updated my machine with no problem, I am a mac user and everything seems to have run quickly, the only annoying thing that kept popping up was something about a network interface v2.4, blah, blah, blah. I just clicked cancel. The sync program ran smoothly.

I have to say I am loving this machine, I don't think I would ever want to go back to my old E, and I love the additional functions that are not found on the Imagine.

However, I will have to call PC on Monday. Sigh, there is something wrong with my screen towards the lower left hand corner, the screen ripples in one spot, not good. This happens when I touch the screen anywhere. Also, there is something wrong with my cutter in general. Circles and frankly anything I cut out is wonky. For instance, when cutting a circle, it looks like it cuts half then the blade moves slightly down to cut the other half. Squares are not square and when I cut out phrases from Just a Note, there are additional cut marks on letters(clearly the blade is moving lower to finish cuts, not lined up properly). Just to make sure I wasn't going crazy on the shapes, I compared the basic shape cutouts with cuts from my I. There is definitely something very wrong. : ( I've double checked my blade housing and everything I could think of(I've owned an original cricut, E, I, and now E2--so I'm pretty familiar with how everything should look set up and what is correct cutting and so forth). So unless there is something else you can suggest, it looks like I will have to send my E2 in for repair/replacement.

Lena

VickieMoore1 Offline
#55 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 7:24:14 AM(UTC)
VickieMoore1

So called PC today and mine has to be sent back. I am NOT updating my next one. It was working fine for the half hour i used it. Then i updated it and it stopped working...i should get a shipping label in 3 days...wow!! Then i have to wait 2 weeks for a new one...grrrr not happy that i dove into this. Should have waited for the bugs to be worked out i guess!!Mad Wish we had a hard copy or could cut the new carts from our Gypsy since i already registered my E2!!Crying
Loving3boys1girl Offline
#56 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 8:37:58 AM(UTC)
Loving3boys1girl

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 25 post(s)
So far so good with mine!

I got it on Wednesday and updated it and my Gypsy. That was about as far as I got until Saturday and I used it to cut out a robot for a birthday card. My E2 was a lot quieter than my E which makes me happy as my E was much louder than my baby bug. I've heard some people say the E2 is loud but I guess that just depends on what you're used to with your previous machine.

Last night I got to play with the E2 and my Gypsy and everything seemed to work. I just need to learn all the buttons and get more familiar with it. At this point, any issue I've had has been user error! BigGrin
Paintnut Offline
#57 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 8:43:22 AM(UTC)
Paintnut

My E2 arrived with the packaging intact. I set it up and cut something and it cut fine.

I am having a huge problem getting my computer to connect with it. I have the Cricut Sync on my computer and every time I open the program it says Device not attached to computer or is not turned on. It is turned on and I have tried several different USB ports.

HELP! Why won't it connect? My computer also says it does not have drivers for the USB device and to replace the device.

Edited by user Monday, May 02, 2011 9:20:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

14cross Offline
#58 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 8:48:29 AM(UTC)
14cross

Groups: Cricut Community Moderator, Registered

Was thanked: 798 time(s) in 205 post(s)
Originally Posted by: noradickey Go to Quoted Post

Question 1: This is a known bug that we are working on. the light will only work when it is set to always on. Sorry.

Question 2: there is a space button that can be used to move images and also Kerning will allow you to move images around. But you cannot currently use your stylus to move images around on the mat.

Chris
Provo Craft
 1 user thanked 14cross for this useful post.
noradickey on 5/3/2011(UTC)
14cross Offline
#59 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 9:08:16 AM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: Lena Go to Quoted Post
Hi Chris,

Well, I received my E2 and as far as the shipping, the box looks like it was handled fairly well.

I updated my machine with no problem, I am a mac user and everything seems to have run quickly, the only annoying thing that kept popping up was something about a network interface v2.4, blah, blah, blah. I just clicked cancel. The sync program ran smoothly.

I have to say I am loving this machine, I don't think I would ever want to go back to my old E, and I love the additional functions that are not found on the Imagine.

However, I will have to call PC on Monday. Sigh, there is something wrong with my screen towards the lower left hand corner, the screen ripples in one spot, not good. This happens when I touch the screen anywhere. Also, there is something wrong with my cutter in general. Circles and frankly anything I cut out is wonky. For instance, when cutting a circle, it looks like it cuts half then the blade moves slightly down to cut the other half. Squares are not square and when I cut out phrases from Just a Note, there are additional cut marks on letters(clearly the blade is moving lower to finish cuts, not lined up properly). Just to make sure I wasn't going crazy on the shapes, I compared the basic shape cutouts with cuts from my I. There is definitely something very wrong. : ( I've double checked my blade housing and everything I could think of(I've owned an original cricut, E, I, and now E2--so I'm pretty familiar with how everything should look set up and what is correct cutting and so forth). So unless there is something else you can suggest, it looks like I will have to send my E2 in for repair/replacement.

Lena

Can you post a picture of these images that are not cutting out correctly? I would like to be able to see what you are talking about. Thanks!

Chris
Provo Craft
14cross Offline
#60 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 9:09:56 AM(UTC)
14cross

So called PC today and mine has to be sent back. I am NOT updating my next one. It was working fine for the half hour i used it. Then i updated it and it stopped working...i should get a shipping label in 3 days...wow!! Then i have to wait 2 weeks for a new one...grrrr not happy that i dove into this. Should have waited for the bugs to be worked out i guess!!Mad Wish we had a hard copy or could cut the new carts from our Gypsy since i already registered my E2!!Crying

What is your machine doing or not doing? What happened during the update? How long did it take? We tested the update a lot and had no problems on any kind on any platform so I am surprised that something happened with yours. The more detail you can give me, the better. Have you tried any troubleshooting to fix it?

Chris
Provo Craft