Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

PriscillaThoreson Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2011 7:13:06 AM(UTC)
PriscillaThoreson

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi

So I just got my expression about 3 weeks ago. I have been crafting like crazy getting projects ready for my daughters birthday. I am finding now though I really want a gypsy. I really think it will make crafting easier. But I heard one provocraft was coming out with a new gypsy so now I don't know. ALSO I really wanted that tags, bags, boxes and more but see it's discountinued. I did see people were able to download if they registered their gypsy by Feb 28, 2011. Does provocraft do promotions like that often? Any feedback would help. Thanks!

Priscilla
Caligirl58 Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2011 7:34:07 AM(UTC)
Caligirl58

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Priscilla,

I think that free cart offer on the Gypsy is over. They had extended it thru Feb I think. I know they are coming out with a new Exprssion but I haven't heard of a new Gypsy. I don't run out and buy every new thing since I just can't afford it. Good Luck!

Janet
Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2011 11:00:49 AM(UTC)
Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 12278 time(s) in 4981 post(s)
I do think the software can make some things easier. I am not a Gypsy owner, but I love the CDS. Having said that, if I were in your shoes, I would probably wait until PC releases the free CCR -- software that you use online. You do have to be online to use it, as opposed to the take-with-you Gypsy, but it might just do the trick. Supposed to be released this spring, I think.

I don't know of a new Gypsy coming out. Maybe it was the CCR software that you heard about?

As far as Tags, Bags, Boxes, and More, why not just buy it? It has been discontinued, but I have seen it pretty cheap online. It is a good one to have, I think.

HTH

Edited by user Tuesday, March 29, 2011 11:01:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

robinlarson1 Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2011 11:21:45 AM(UTC)
robinlarson1

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
i just saw a gypsy for $99 where did i see that? I can't remember for the life of me! Now i remember and just checked. It's at Hobby Lobby! I have one but just don't make the time to use it properly but it is worth $99Cool
williase Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2011 11:29:01 AM(UTC)
williase

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Hobby lobby
PriscillaThoreson Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2011 12:11:07 PM(UTC)
PriscillaThoreson

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: NadiaH-McConnell Go to Quoted Post
I do think the software can make some things easier. I am not a Gypsy owner, but I love the CDS. Having said that, if I were in your shoes, I would probably wait until PC releases the free CCR -- software that you use online. You do have to be online to use it, as opposed to the take-with-you Gypsy, but it might just do the trick. Supposed to be released this spring, I think.

I don't know of a new Gypsy coming out. Maybe it was the CCR software that you heard about?

As far as Tags, Bags, Boxes, and More, why not just buy it? It has been discontinued, but I have seen it pretty cheap online. It is a good one to have, I think.

HTH

Thanks for all of the responses! Maybe I will wait to check out the new software. But I looked for the tags boxes cartridge and the cheapest I found it was $99 on amazon. It is an expensive cartridge.

disneygal Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2011 5:33:59 AM(UTC)
disneygal

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
NEVER pay that much for a cart --- look on Ebay or maybe even some of the craft stores near you might still have it -- 99.00 is TOO much for that cart.
Jennifer
Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2011 5:37:47 AM(UTC)
Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 12278 time(s) in 4981 post(s)
Originally Posted by: PriscillaThoreson Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for all of the responses! Maybe I will wait to check out the new software. But I looked for the tags boxes cartridge and the cheapest I found it was $99 on amazon. It is an expensive cartridge.

I'm sorry. It has been on clearance everywhere for $15-20 but maybe they are depleted now! I did find it on Custom Crops for $39.99 but that is more than I would pay. I paid about $20 for mine. I would keep my eyes open though -- you never know!
Carol B.Lewis Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2011 7:58:00 AM(UTC)
Carol B.Lewis

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
eBay used to be an excellent source to purchase discontinued cartridges but as of late their prices has skyrocketed ($75-$100)! Ridiculous the prices they are going for. Can't imagine anyone paying that price, and the thing is they are sold by our own cricut bug loving sisters. Not any different than ticket scalping in my opinion, but guess people are willing to pay that price! Welcome to the real world! New online Craftroom is supposed to be available sometime this month. Probably after the E2 debuts on the 26th.
scrapalette Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2011 1:20:07 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Was thanked: 18427 time(s) in 8190 post(s)
Not all the sellers on ebay are "Cricut bug loving sisters". Some are. I've sold a few carts on ebay. But it's not at all like ticket scalping where someone says "if you want this ticket, you have to pay me $$$". On ebay, most sellers start their auctions at a low price (because ebay's fees are cheaper) and the buyer decides what they want to pay. So, the price goes up only as people are willing to pay more for the item.

I'm still seeing some great deals on ebay and other online vendors. You can also check in the Product Reviews and Deals forums to see if anyone is selling or trading that cart.
Khrista Offline
#11 Posted : Sunday, April 17, 2011 11:47:06 AM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Was thanked: 2490 time(s) in 1389 post(s)
I see Tags, Boxes pop up here and there. As for the Gypsy, I would hold on that as the Craft Room program that will be free to everyone will give you a feel for the Gypsy. The gypsy gives you the mobility though to design wherever you want (i.e. car). PC has put out there that they don't plan to replace the Gypsy anytime soon but they always have things in the works so who knows. People have seen Patents that you can read that PC has applied for etc.. but that could be years coming. That's where the rumor of a 'new gypsy' has orginated from.

:)Khrista