Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Amy Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 26, 2011 6:16:09 PM(UTC)
Amy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 46 post(s)
This is my favorite spot to post things in so I'm hoping you girls can help me. Which kind of ink works better for inking the edges of your paper? Pigment ink or Chalk ink?
Andie Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 26, 2011 6:45:18 PM(UTC)
Andie

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I actually use both. Chalk ink provides a softer, more subtle effect and can be more forgiving (in my experience). My feminine cards usually involve some chalk ink. However, I have been known to use pigment ink as well. Pigment ink can be less forgiving- I can often find ink in places I didn't intend since the ink dries slower. However, I like the crisp edge that a pigment ink can provide and often with the masculine cards that helps steer away from a girly look.
 1 user thanked Andie for this useful post.
Emerald on 4/20/2011(UTC)
sweetpea1030 Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 26, 2011 10:25:37 PM(UTC)
sweetpea1030

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 1604 time(s) in 1019 post(s)
I very seldom use any inks for inking other than brown. I recently bought some Distress Inks to try. They work really nice with some stamps not with others. I'm really liking one call sage-something to use for stamping and coloring. Most folks use either the distress inks, the momento inks, which I'm going to try next, but there's lots of others. Try to get them as cheaply as possible if you're only going to use them for inking.

You could also try the water color pencils and markers they work well on some of the colors. Most times it's just trial and error. Always try a scrap first! HTH

Happy Cricuting!
Smile
 1 user thanked sweetpea1030 for this useful post.
Emerald on 4/20/2011(UTC)
Amy Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2011 5:39:25 AM(UTC)
Amy

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 46 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sweetpea1030 Go to Quoted Post
I very seldom use any inks for inking other than brown. I recently bought some Distress Inks to try. They work really nice with some stamps not with others. I'm really liking one call sage-something to use for stamping and coloring. Most folks use either the distress inks, the momento inks, which I'm going to try next, but there's lots of others. Try to get them as cheaply as possible if you're only going to use them for inking.

You could also try the water color pencils and markers they work well on some of the colors. Most times it's just trial and error. Always try a scrap first! HTH

Happy Cricuting!
Smile

Thanks for the help, I was at joanns yesterday and I was standing in the ink aisle drooling over the momento raindrop shaped inks. I bought 4 packs of pigment inks and 2 packs of chalks so it'll be a trial and error thing. I got those 6 packs of inks (24 inks all together), 100 glue gun sticks, a glue gun, some tombo and 18 yards of ribbon for 39 bucks! The ink alone would have cost over 60 bucks. Gotta love coupons!!!!
sweetpea1030 Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2011 2:41:09 PM(UTC)
sweetpea1030

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 1604 time(s) in 1019 post(s)
Whoo hoo! What a great haul! Have fun! BigGrin

Happy Cricuting!
Smile