Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<8283848586>
cropdropnroll Offline
#2491 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2013 7:34:50 AM(UTC)
cropdropnroll

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 55 post(s)
Good Morning Tuesday and Season's Greetings!

Treva - I'm excited that you at least have a wreath on the door! LOL. Sending you {{warm holiday hugs}} and some much needed rest (in your stocking)! BigGrin I didn't make any cards last night, as I had hoped. B/W "red-headed step aunt" and just being tired from a nice w/e with hubby Love BigGrin Sleep, and deciding to wash my hair... well, you get the picture.

Cassie - Wub Wub u2!! I've been trying to get a little crafting in, but it's been a struggle!! It's tonight or bust!!! LOL!!

Keep loving! Keep praying! Keep trusting!

Have a blessed Christmas!

Cassie Offline
#2492 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 6:20:29 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Was thanked: 308 time(s) in 251 post(s)
Good Morning All & Happy Monday.

Just 2 days left in 2013! This year went by fast.

I think it's time for me to come off my hiatus and get back in the Cafe. I have my mind set on finishing school albums. Pulled out all DD school pages to make sure I had the missing pictures to fill in the blanks. Everything is there, so it's time to get moving. First up this week, replacing 2 Kindergarden layouts that I never liked. One replacement was done in October, but I need to add the title. I really think I can have her albums from preschool - 5th grade, done by the end of February.

Have a GREAT day ALL!!
Cassie Offline
#2493 Posted : Thursday, January 02, 2014 6:12:58 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Happy New Year!!!!!

It's time to get crafting!!!! I'm going boldly where some of you have already been. I'm putting myself on a shopping ban until April 1. The only exception: blade/mat for my cameo, if the need arises.

Have a GREAT day ALL!

2014 2pg LOs Completed: 1

Edited by user Thursday, January 02, 2014 6:25:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

~~TP98~~ Offline
#2494 Posted : Thursday, January 02, 2014 9:02:33 AM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

United States

Was thanked: 428 time(s) in 119 post(s)
Good Morning and Happy New Year!

I'm hopking for bigger and better things in 2014 in all areas of my lifeBigGrin

So glad the holiday season is coming to an end so now we all can get down to some crafting business, I haven't done a LO in foreverSad but I'm hoping to play this weekend if DH decides to head to Baltimore.

Cassie, I feel you on the shopping BAN; I need to stay of this computer and run away from coupons and sales! My word for the year is PURGE, not just physical stuff but emotional and mental baggage too. I've got to start by letting go alot of sentimental stuff that I've been holding on to.

Oh well I guess I should get to work on this month's bulletin board since I had to update my create yesterday before it would cut.

Waving hello and wishing everyone a safe and blessed Thursday.

Gaylen Offline
#2495 Posted : Tuesday, January 07, 2014 2:29:15 AM(UTC)
Gaylen

Good Morning Ladies!
Thought I would check in before I head off to bed. I pray the holidays were fabulous for everyone.Personally, I am glad it's over.I am tired of eating and shopping.I was on vacation but I cooked and shopped like I was home. Now I need a vacation to recover from vacation. We took DH parents on vacation with us for 2 weeks...and that's all I am saying about that. I do have a confession, I did make my Christmas cards the night before I left for my trip.After talking about those cards forever...I forgot to take them with me to mail.Well, I am ahead of the game for next Christmas right?
Setting goals for this year to get caught up on my scrapbooking.Organizing my pictures digitally and making a plan for getting them in books.Our retreat this month is 5 days.We do 2 retreats per year and we have never done 5 days.Looking forward to a relaxing time.I think we have a full house, which is 43 ladies.Decided to make name tags this time for everyone.Using idea I found on Pinterest with burlap, chipboard,clothes pins and chalkboard contact paper. I will post a pic once I finish one.
Lisa - Cute cards! Might have to copy those.

Happy New Year to all of you! Let's get to crafting and sharing photos!

Gaylen
Cassie Offline
#2496 Posted : Tuesday, January 07, 2014 8:48:48 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Good Morning All!!!

Gaylen - Welcome back. I was too tickled about the in-law vacation comment. You really are ahead with those cards for this year. LOL!! a 5 day retreat?? I would lose my mind having that much uniterrupted craft time. I love it!!!! Someday... when I retire and the kids are adults on their on.

I am really working hard to meet my album target for DD school albums (end of Feb). As of last night, I have completed Pre-School, K, & 1st. Tonight I'll finish the last LO for 2nd Grade. We're in revival at church Wed-Fri, so I probably won't get anything else done until Saturday.

2014 2pg LOs Completed: 2
LOs started in another year & Completed in 2014: 5

Have a GREAT day ALL!
~~TP98~~ Offline
#2497 Posted : Wednesday, January 08, 2014 1:38:12 PM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

United States

Hello and Happy Cold Wednesday.....

Just trying to at least check-in weekly since it seems our little thread doesn't get alot of attention. I haven't beend doing much playing so of course I don't have anything to share, I didn't send out any Christmas cards and I decided to do New Years cards but that doesn't seem like its going to happen either.Sad I even ordered a new cartridge because I wanted to use the New Years card on there but for some reason I can't get it together. We'll see what happens this weekend.

Gaylen - You are really ahead of the game for next year with your cards, I may try to create some holiday cards throughout the year so I'll be ready by December. I am never ahead on cards, especially since its not my first craft of choice. I'd much rather scrapbook and now it seems cardmaking has taken over! Totally understand about vacationing with parents or in-laws, we just have to cherish the time we have with them and the fact that you were able to do it! I can't wait to see those name badges and a five day retreat I wouldn't know what to do with myselfBigGrin

Cassie - I'm loving signature timer that's keeping track of your completed LOs, maybe I can do that once I get back to working on LOs. I sure hope I am more organized and on task before I go to another crop!

Waving hello to everyone and hoping you are staying warm.
tsrel Offline
#2498 Posted : Thursday, January 09, 2014 11:28:35 PM(UTC)
tsrel

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Hello Ladies,

Happy New Year to all. I made a commitment last year to not stay away so long and I plan on doing much better this year. I am back at mission organization so my room is a mess. I don't know what size room I need but I will get it organized. I don't want to let this year go by and all my stuff just sits and collects dust.

I pray all is well. I have been a little under the weather, but we are having some crazy weather here.

I will try to post something next week. Gonna get something done.

Take care and stay blessed ladies.

cropdropnroll Offline
#2499 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2014 5:25:22 AM(UTC)
cropdropnroll

TGIF!!!

Just dropping in to give our thread a little boost.

Spent most of last night helping DD finish her Science Fair Project. Nothing fancy. Just don't have that mojo flowing yet in 2014.

Gotta go catch my bus to get to work.

Have a great day!
ellamap Online
#2500 Posted : Saturday, January 11, 2014 9:53:42 PM(UTC)
ellamap

Was thanked: 363 time(s) in 197 post(s)
Wassup my sistas? How long has it been since you heard that? I logged in instead of lurking tonight. It's been awhile.
So, how is everyone? Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! I'm doing okay. I have been creating but buying more than making things. Since Archivers is closing that will help with my spending. I will have to shop online now. I can go to the big three box stores, j's, m's and hl., but they don't have the stuff A's had. So, I'm sad. But I need to stop buying. I should freeze with Cassie!
I'll be back!
Cassie Offline
#2501 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 6:45:33 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Good Morning All & Happy Hump Day!!!

I had the worst craft night last night. None of my projects were turning out as I had hoped. I felt like I spent 5 hours of wasted time. I managed to get 2 tumblers done, but the text was off a bit. Still usable, especially since it's for a youth. From painting to cutting vinyl...disaster. Going to try my paint project again, using freezer paper and a different paint.

Ella - Long time, no type. My coworker was at my desk as I read the board and gasp at the snow picture (your avatar). I told him, don't be fooled or scared.

Have a GREAT day ALL!!!
HisGem Offline
#2502 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 9:05:58 AM(UTC)
HisGem

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 332 post(s)
Hi All!

Just popping in to say hello! It has been a while! Never did the Christmas cards. I did manage to make some thank you cards for those who sent Christmas cards. BUT I had to reset my phone and lost some of the contact information as well as the text messages that contained addresses Glare Other than that, not much creating taking place. I fell on some ice the other day, so that didn't make the creative situation any better.

Have you seen some of the new CHA products? Drool on some of them!

Anywho, hope everyone is well and trying to stay warm! ttyl, Kenya~
~~TP98~~ Offline
#2503 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 1:23:58 PM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

United States

Hello Wednesday, Happy Birthday MLK and Happy National Hat Day!

That's a mouth full, hope I didn't miss anything....Just dropping by to wave hello as I've been trying to post all week but for some reason never got around to it! I finally completed a LO and I am planning to have #2 done by the end of the week; got lots of pictures I need to go through too.

Ella, happy to see you sharing on our little corner...how are the boys doing?

Cassie, I totally understand I have lots of those moments when nothing seems to turn out right. I think that's one reason there are way too may unfinished projects hanging around. My one word for this year is PURGE can't wait until I get the energy to tackle my scrappin' stuff.

Kenya, I never did Christmas cards either and the intention to do New Years cards is fading too. Sorry to hear about your slip, feel better soon.

Waving hello and wishing everyone a happy scrappin' day!
cropdropnroll Offline
#2504 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 8:27:29 AM(UTC)
cropdropnroll

Hello Thursday aka "Friday-Eve"!

JCI as it has been almost a week since my last post here. Nothing majorly crafty going on in my world, these days. Just working to keep up with my DT projects/assignments. I may be assisting with a baby shower in the next month or so; and I have a request for a 16th bday card for a friend's nephew. I haven't quite mastered the masculine cards, so the goal here is NOT to use ribbon, and stickles!! LOL LOL ROTFL!

HisGem - Sorry to hear about your slip on the ice. You are not alone on the Christmas cards, either. Shucks, I even made some for the vendor showcase (w/Cassie), and still didn't send any out. WTW??!!

Woo Hoo! We have a 3-day weekend. What are your crafty plans??

My plan is to work on DD's HK bday card; DT project; and Blog Hop project.
~~TP98~~ Offline
#2505 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2014 1:40:59 PM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

United States

Hello Saturday, I'm just dropping by since I meant to try to post yesterday but it got so hectic at work. Its Saturday afternoon and I haven't put a dent in my household chores and I am thinking about watching the basketball game and not doing housework. What about you, what are you doing today?

I did get a chance to play some last night by hanging out on SOC and particpating in the FNC and I am happy to say that I've completed another LO. I can't beleve I shared four blog post this week. I have several birthday cards that I need to get done so I am planning to work on them before I go back to work on Tuesday.

I haven't been doing so well with my one little word for this year, I have yet to PURGE some of this stuff that I am hoarding! Oh well off to browse some magazines for LO ideas.

Waving hello and wishing you and yours a great holiday, I'm trying to keep the dream alive by not working on Monday even though its not a holiday at my job!
Cassie Offline
#2506 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2014 1:22:34 PM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Good Afternoon All & Happy Monday!!!

Kenya - Yikes on that ice fall.

Treva - Ok now, you are making some crafting headway. I wanted to join in FNC but it goes by so fast that I can't take the pressure, LOL!!!

Lisa - I'm with you on those male projects. I find it hard too and I know I have paper around that fits.

We have a graduation party to attend at 6 today. Wish I could have stayed in all day, but it's for a great friend of mine, who is also one of my part/time boss', LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to share my project for my daughter's bday gathering last week, but it's part of a blog hop this week, so I can't post yet. I've finished a few LOs this weekend so I'm happy about that. Today, I picked up a new show to watch while crafting. Glee. I've been meaning to check it out for a year now. Watching Season 1, episode 1, as I type. Weather man is calling for snow tomorrow, so who knows what the day will hold.

Have a GREAT evening ALL.

2014 2pg LOs Completed: 3
LOs started in another year & Completed in 2014: 6
HisGem Offline
#2507 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 8:11:02 AM(UTC)
HisGem

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 332 post(s)
Hi y'all!

It is another below 0 (wind chill -25)day in Milwaukee!! I am so over winter and the "polar vertex".

Was starting to feel better from the fall. I was able to create a little bit on Saturday...only to trip over a box into a shelf Glare So I ended up hurting myself all over again. Who does that?? Blushing My sister said I need to drink some v8 LOL LOL . She might be right.

Anywho, I was on the board making a request and had to stop in and check in. Stay warm and have fun creating! Kenya~
ellamap Online
#2508 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 9:46:57 PM(UTC)
ellamap

Hi everyone!!
Wow, we were on page 4! I thought we really needed a boost. All the new machine talk has the board jumping! Well, not really jumping. It's more like a debate, lol!
TP98- I'm so glad you are creating again. I know how life can slap the mojo right out of you. The boys are doing great! They are in school in a Lifeskills class. They are slowly learning more and more language! They are so intelligent! Not bragging here, but they can read so many words. The sad part is not being able to use the words yet. So many kids on the Autism Spectrum are really smart. I wonder about it a lot. I would say the boys are on the mild side. If they could communicate you probably wouldn't know they were on the Spectrum. They are a joy tho ! Thanks for asking!
I've been making cards but I need to be scrapbooking.
Cassie-that pic was 3 yrs ago but it looked worse than that about a month ago! I am so done with cold weather! It's supposed to be -25 wind chill in the morning. And the next and the next!
Well, see you all!
Cassie Offline
#2509 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 4:48:19 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Good Morning & Happy Friday Eve!!!!

All dug out from the snow.

Ella - Glad to hear the boys are doing great. You go right ahead and brag away!!!

Kenya - I can sympathize with a re-injury. Sounds like me, especially in the Cafe. You would think I would move the stupid bag I keep tripping over, but apparently, I need to hit my head on the wall after I trip before I decide to move it.

Back at work and the kiddos headed off to school, with a 2hr delay. It was nice being off yesterday. I crafted a little, did some part-time work, took a 2 hr nap, and cleaned up the powerpoint presentation of DS science fair project and emailed it to his teacher. Heck, I even made muffins and brownies and was in bed by 10pm. Tomorrow, I'm supposed to be on an all day field trip, if the chaperone list isn't filled. Who knows thanks to the weather. I won't be mad though, lol!!!!!

I'm particpating in a BLOG Hop today. Kick off is 8am EST. Stop by my BLOG to check out some party action.

Have a GREAT day ALL.

Edited by user Thursday, January 23, 2014 6:44:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Cassie attached the following image(s):
Gift Bag Table.JPG
Cassie Offline
#2510 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 4:42:34 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Good Morning All & Happy Monday.

Found us on page 5, so giving us a little bump.

Nothing much happened over the weekend. Particpating in the Wiz Relay Challenge over on Scraps of Color. Much fun, especially since the Wiz was the first movie I recall seeing as a child. I was around 4, and Michael having a blue nose scared me. I kept ducking under a blanket. LOL!! I also got an order to do 5 'Girls Day' gift bags and tumblers. Very excited about that!

Have a GREAT day ALL!!

2014 2pg LOs Completed: 4
LOs started in another year & Completed in 2014: 6

Edited by user Monday, January 27, 2014 4:46:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

cropdropnroll Offline
#2511 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 7:29:06 AM(UTC)
cropdropnroll

You know what day it is??
Happy HUMP DAY!!BigGrin

We're on page 4, so I'm giving our thread a little bump.

Well, we're all dug out from the "dusting" of snow last night in the DMV. I'd say we (my house) got about 1.5 inches. Not too bad. Nothing but running (busy, busy) this week - basketball Tues - Fri (for DS). Saturday, I get to crop with some ladies from the DMV at a meet-up in Fredricksburg, VA!! Woo hoo! Can't wait. Working on the Wiz Relay Challenge at SOC! That's lots of fun.

Waving hello to all!

BBL
Gaylen Offline
#2512 Posted : Sunday, February 02, 2014 12:47:20 AM(UTC)
Gaylen

Hi Ladies,
Just realized it's been too long since I checked in. Glad to see everyone keeping busy. Working on a scrapbook for someone and I am miserable. She gave it to me Thursday evening and needs it today. I am almost done but it was not a fun project. Lots of random pictures and none are very good pics.She wants me to do two more but thinking NOT! Anyway, enough whining. Had a great time at my retreat but I need to plan better. I just loaded everything I own in the car and it was full front to back.Needless to say...I didn't touch half the stuff I took.More cold weather headed my way so maybe I can catch up on some projects. We had 70 degrees Friday and expecting sleet on Sunday. I will take any excuse to stay in my craftroom all day and night. Bring on the snow!

Headed off to bed.Take care ladies and have a great week
ellamap Online
#2513 Posted : Sunday, February 02, 2014 10:06:58 PM(UTC)
ellamap

Hello Everyone! I hope you all enjoyed Super Bowl Sunday. I had the game on but didn't watch much of it. I wanted the Seahawks to win but I didn't expect a blowout! I'm from Indiana and I am really tired of hearing about Peyton Manning. We have a new Qb who is great so I say let Manning go. Plus my friend's son used to play defense for Seattle. Anyway, I was also sorting thru pics from before I started scrapbooking. There is no way I will live to scrap all of these pictures! I don't care for project life but I am thinking of using some of the divide protectors to put pics in. Then put those in with the layouts. Sounds workable.
Have a great Monday! I need to keep sorting for one more hour!!
Cassie Offline
#2514 Posted : Monday, February 03, 2014 4:23:23 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Good Morning All & Happy Monday,

Kenya & Ella - you can keep that -25 weather temps all to yourselves.

Gaylen - You had a very short window to turn that album over. Too much pressure. I was just sharing with someone that as much as I enjoy crafting and I'm turning it into a business, doing scrapbooks for money will not be my thing. I have done them as gifts, but I can't have someone handing me over 100 pics and telling me they want an album in a month. I could show you a few pictures of my car after hubby packed me up for a retreat. Seriously, no one could even ride with me. The only somewhat empty seat was the passenger, but that held my purse, hot wings, chips, and candy, for my commute. LOL! Each retreat my packing gets better. It really is a matter of planning out your projects, so you only take those items.

Had a great time scrapping with some of the ladies in my area, on Saturday. Finished 55 candy boxes for my kiddos Vday at school. Just need to add the labels. Colored some digis and started a set of giftbags.

Alright, need to get me another cup of hot chocolate and check my email. Have a GREAT day ALL!
ellamap Online
#2515 Posted : Monday, February 03, 2014 7:46:31 PM(UTC)
ellamap

Two days in a row!! I may be getting good at this!
Cassie- I take so much stuff to crops but don't use a lot of it. I want to make kits but I always give up because I can't decide what to use in the kit. I'm going to a our 3 day crop next weekend so I'm going to try making kits tomorrow. Nothing else to do but create since we have snow warnings! It is getting old!

Waving hello to everyone! I hope you are crafting and not shoveling!!
Cassie Offline
#2516 Posted : Thursday, February 06, 2014 8:55:45 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Good Morning All & Happy Friday Eve!!!

We were buried midway down page 4. What's crafty in your life?
BrendaF Offline
#2517 Posted : Thursday, February 06, 2014 7:01:29 PM(UTC)
BrendaF

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Hello everybody gosh it's been a really long time. Some if you I have seen over on Facebook others no so much. Hope everyone is doing well and staying warm in this ridiculous weather. I am so tired if winter no that I will not complain about summer ever again. Well off to check the news feed.
~~TP98~~ Offline
#2518 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2014 12:37:32 PM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

United States

Wow, it has been forever since I posted....waving hello and sending cyber hugs for warmth and safety as we battle the elements of Winter....I've been busy crafting some and looking forward to a weekend getaway next month and again in May....I'm thinking I need to stop playing and do some massive purging and organizing....I just have way too much stuff that I don't want to part with but I have to make some decisions soon because I am borderline hoader especially since I don't use it...So who's going to take the bite and get the Explore tomorrow....Now I've given our thread a bump up from page 5, hope to come back within the next few days!
Gaylen Offline
#2519 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2014 11:29:42 PM(UTC)
Gaylen

Well it's the late night girl here waving at everybody. Spent this dreary day in my craftroom. Completed a project today that I have been putting off too long. I have a rescued table that I painted and decopaged for my craftroom. I turned out well. I had a old photo of my 3rd grade class blown up and printed in black and white.I painted the table black and decopaged the top with the enlarged print.Just added a coat of poly...maybe another coat tomorrow. Felt good to get done.I have so many half-done and un-done project.Next on my list those pillows I have promised my daughter since last May.When I finally finish those I will be jumping for joy. So lets all take advantage of the crappy weather we are all having and get some crafting done.

Gaylen
~~TP98~~ Offline
#2520 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2014 1:28:42 PM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

United States

Hello and Happy Friday and Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Just stoppin' in to give our little thread a boost, keeps getting burried all the chatter about the explore. So what's on your agenda for the weekend, anything exciting? I am participating in a blog hop hosted being hosted by Scraps of Color. If you want some love themed inspiration, there are thirteen of us in the hop including me and Cassie. I was home yesterday due to the inclement weather but I braved it and came in today, looking forward to Spring. Waving hello and wishing everyone a great weekend.