Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

JoannaBrown2 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, March 07, 2011 12:01:52 AM(UTC)
JoannaBrown2

Groups: Registered

I have the Personal cutter. My husband got it for me for Christmas. I haven't used it everyday but probably every 2nd weekend or so. The mat is already "un-sticky". Paper doesn't stick on it. Is there a way to get the mat to be sticky again? Can I spray it with repositional adhesive maybe?

Thanx in advance!

Joanna
Merrie Jones Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, March 07, 2011 5:44:38 AM(UTC)
Merrie Jones

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 582 time(s) in 251 post(s)
Try wiping it off with a non-alcholic baby wipe or warm (not hot)soapy water. There are also youtube videos on how to 'restick' using adhesives, but everyone says don't do it until your machine is out of warrenty. If something happens it voids the warrenty. Hope this helps.Smile
 1 user thanked Merrie Jones for this useful post.
JoannaBrown2 on 3/7/2011(UTC)
Christine Sekora Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, March 07, 2011 7:31:49 AM(UTC)
Christine Sekora

Was thanked: 96 time(s) in 38 post(s)
is it leaving an excessive amount of residue on your mat? Could be the paper you are cutting. I found that the more expensive papers are worth it for cutting for that reason. Less left on the mat.

And after a short time when mine wants so move a little to make them last I put little pieces of tape on the edge of what I place on it to help them stay in place.

Some mats just don't last as long though. Also first off I make my sister laugh because she says I look like my cat...but I take of the protective plastic and "knead" my hands on it. I lay them flat and pat it down so that the extreme sticky is not a harsh..otherwise everything sticks so hard that its impossible not to leave residue

Hope that helps a little

oh..and have lots of mats on hand LOL

Edited by user Monday, March 07, 2011 7:36:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Christine Sekora for this useful post.
JoannaBrown2 on 3/7/2011(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 08, 2011 10:11:16 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7600 time(s) in 4449 post(s)
While my machine was under warranty, the only thing I did in the way of getting my papers to stay put on the mat was this:

I used the blue painter's tape to secure the paper on the mat. I did a lot of this for about six months (my mat worked for about the first six months, then it wasn't sticky enough). Then, after the warranty was up, I washed the mat off good (you can do this before warranty is up) rubbing alcohol. (You can also wash it with dish detergent, goo gone, baby wipes, etc.). Then, I used a ZIG two-way pen. I used it for another year before I had to re-zig it.

ALSO, you can try letting it soak in warm water for ten minutes or so and let it air dry overnight. I have read where some mats need this, initially, to activate the glue on them.

Good luck. Let us know if you get any resolve to your issue and how you resolved it. It will help a lot of people reading your thread.

Char
SusanDouglas1 Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 09, 2011 5:50:41 PM(UTC)
SusanDouglas1

Location: Wildomar California (about 50 minutes north of San Diego)

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Also there is a spray called "Stick Away" you use it to remove any left over. Then use the "Stick & Spray" There is a You Tube video about it. I purchased it from Custom Crops. make sure to spray out side. I just received a e-mail regarding a sale. I think it said $4.00 a can ??