Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

SewinHeaven Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, February 28, 2011 12:41:12 PM(UTC)
SewinHeaven

Groups: Registered

Anyone have any creative ideas on how to organize cartridges? I'm getting a huge collection here and can only see me purchasing what I already have - I'm thinking by way of a quick reference to find certain fonts, designs, cartridges, etc. Help!
MamaC2 Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 02, 2011 3:25:45 AM(UTC)
MamaC2

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 3512 time(s) in 1755 post(s)
Welcome to the message board!

I understand how you feel. I have about 50 cartridges (I am very selective about what I buy). When I get a new cartridge, I make a color copy of the back of the box (enlarged %165), a copy of the overlay (165%), and a copy of all the layer pictures from the handbook (enlarged 200%). The overlay picture is put into a plastic protector sheet and I add a tab, all other papers are punched for a notebook.

I have a large 3-ring notebook where I put the information. I have all of my cartridge images in a notebook with tabs showing the name of the cartridge. I keep this notebook handy for a reference.

I have a Gypsy that I keep set on "linked cartridges". This also helps me know what I have.

Have fun creating and be sure to post your projects!
Carolyn
 1 user thanked MamaC2 for this useful post.
SewinHeaven on 3/6/2011(UTC)
SewinHeaven Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 06, 2011 3:24:40 PM(UTC)
SewinHeaven

Thank you. Great Idea! I am new to this and want to get a handle on it all. Thank you so much, Carolyn.
Originally Posted by: MamaC Go to Quoted Post
Welcome to the message board!

I understand how you feel. I have about 50 cartridges (I am very selective about what I buy). When I get a new cartridge, I make a color copy of the back of the box (enlarged %165), a copy of the overlay (165%), and a copy of all the layer pictures from the handbook (enlarged 200%). The overlay picture is put into a plastic protector sheet and I add a tab, all other papers are punched for a notebook.

I have a large 3-ring notebook where I put the information. I have all of my cartridge images in a notebook with tabs showing the name of the cartridge. I keep this notebook handy for a reference.

I have a Gypsy that I keep set on "linked cartridges". This also helps me know what I have.

Have fun creating and be sure to post your projects!
Carolyn

LauraTous Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, March 11, 2011 10:08:23 AM(UTC)
LauraTous

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
While at hom, I have my Carts lined on a shelf. Does anyone ever travel with your Cricut & Carts - like for scrap weekends? If so, how do you travel with the Cricuts & Carts. I have only see on Cricut carrying bag, and it is not nearly big enough!!! Any suggestions are appreciated...
scrapnfan Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, March 11, 2011 10:25:53 AM(UTC)
scrapnfan

Was thanked: 251 time(s) in 215 post(s)
I think some have seen have used the Seagull tote. I personally have a gypsy and then I have no need to drag all my carts along when going somewhere. This certainly works WONDERFUL !!! I love my gypsy !!!
mylilpeanut Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, March 11, 2011 10:47:36 AM(UTC)
mylilpeanut

United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 15 post(s)
I have my Cricut in a regular duffle bag, not the fancy one made for the Cricut. I think I purchased it for like $10. I cut a couple pieces of cardboard to put in the bottom to sturdy it up. I have plenty of room to spare in the bag for about 10 cartridges. If I am taking all my carts I also have a Generations brand Create-A-Bag Crop Station Rolling tote. It even has room for paper, supplies, embellishments and more things that I would need take along.