Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

LaurenRoss Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 8:46:13 PM(UTC)
LaurenRoss

Groups: Registered

Hello all Im Lauren. Im not new to scrapbooking (been doing it for a few years now)but im new to the circut. My husband suprised me with one for Valentines Day. For years I have put off buying one due to the cost of the machine and to the cartridges.Who wants to pay $85 for one cartridge? Anyways after searching online I have found two sites. One amazon.. which im ok with but another is Oh My Crafts? Has anybody ever brought anything from this company. Cause the reviews I have found of them isnt very good and was hoping to hear more feedback from other searches. Also is there any other sites that you guys know of? Thanks Lauren
GloriaContreras3 Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 9:13:54 PM(UTC)
GloriaContreras3

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Welcome to the MB, I have purchased from Oh My Crafts before and the only problem I have had is the slow shipping, it took around 1 month to get my items, other than that it is a good company. I would recommend Memory Miser, they have a lot of cartridges and for awesome prices, also Custom Crops, I placed and order 1 week ago and received my items today, they are awesome with shipping.
enolamom Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 9:23:46 PM(UTC)
enolamom

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 56 post(s)
Hi Lauren,

My favorite place to shop online is Ebay. I've gotten most of my cartridges there. You just have to be patient but you can get great deals. I've gotten many, many carts for between $10 and $15 dollars, some a little more. There are alot of sellers that offer free shipping and they're the ones I buy from. Just read their feedback to see if you feel comfortable buying from them. I personally have never had a single bad experience. The new carts are popular and always sell for higher prices, so I just wait until they have been out a while to bid on them. I usually wait until near the end of the auction before bidding. Bidding at 3 a.m. when everyone is sleeping helps too, haha Sleep

I've also bought from Cricutmachine.com. They generally have some kind of sale going on it seems, some better than others. Shipping can be a little high, but I've still gotten prices much better than the craft stores. My experiences with them have been fine, but some say they have had VERY slow shipping times.

You'll probably get lots of other suggestions too. People on here are so helpful when you have a question. Good luck and have fun.

Even though you didn't ask, I'll give you one more tip. There is a website called Cricutsearch.com. Check it out. You can type in what you are looking for and it will tell you what cartridges contain that image. It could be helpful in choosing which cartridges would be good for you to buy based on your interests or needs. For instance, you could type in "football" or "Christmas tree". All the cartridges displaying those images will pop up. It is so useful. There are images on my cartridges I never knew existed until I found this site.
PaperKrafter4Life Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 9:51:56 PM(UTC)
PaperKrafter4Life

United States

Was thanked: 171 time(s) in 129 post(s)
Welcome to the board and congrats on such a wonderful hubby to present you with such
a great V gift. You will Love it.
I personally buy almost all of my carts on ebay. I have bought the majority of them from proudparents2005 and most all were under $20 each. paying with paypal. late evening seems to be the best time to get the cheapest prices. I find alot of the cartridges have the same images on them or the same phrases, which seems like such a waste to me. But these are things we learn as we go along and "collect" cartridges. Enjoy your new toy and fantastic papercrafting TOOL.
KY Scrapper Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 9:55:58 PM(UTC)
KY Scrapper

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Hi Lauren,
Congrats on your new Cricut! And welcome to the MB also! I hope you have many hours of fun ahead of you.
IMO Oh My Crafts is fine to order from. Just be patient, takes awhile to get your stuff.
The thing to keep in mind (for most places I have found) is if you order around a holiday or some kind of special event within a specific company it takes longer to get the order to your home.
That seems to be how it is with every place I have found, so I try to do my ordering away from known major holidays or so called ladies holidays. At least that way I can eliminate some of the wait time on what I am so very anxious to get to my house! But for whatever reason shipping just seems to take longer now than it used to.
There are several sites to order from, just search around the web. Sign up for newsletters/alerts & that kind of thing. It won't take long before you are a savy cart shopper!
Have loads of fun & again, welcome.
Kate Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, February 24, 2011 9:39:51 AM(UTC)
Kate

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Hi Lauren,

Check out PaperCraftingPro.com -- you can try a 2 day trial for free, regular monthly membership is 9.99. You can get cartridges on there for as low as $13. I tried the free trial and got 2 cartridges for under $30.

Hope this helps.