Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

KennyethiaRobicheaux Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 9:35:01 AM(UTC)
KennyethiaRobicheaux

Groups: Registered

Confused Hello Everyone, I just recieved my Cricut Expression and I dont know where to start. I bought it because I am a wedding and event coordinator and I love creating pocketfold wedding invitations and cards. I also want to learn how to cut put basic shapes like squares and circles. I have a toodler and 5 month old so whenever I can start scrapbooking for them I want to learn asasp! I'm just lost on what to do first. Someone please help!!!!!!!!
KY Scrapper Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 11:03:17 AM(UTC)
KY Scrapper

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 20 post(s)
BigGrin Let me be one of the first to congratulate you on getting an E! You will probably come to love it, as most of us do.
First of all just relax & remember this is supposed to be FUN!
When I first got my Baby Bug & then my E, I just played with them both for a bit in order to get to know them.
I used the carts that came with them & paper scraps or paper that I did not like. That way I could test/play/become familiar & not have to worry about any of my favorite or higher priced papers. So I just played for awhile. I guess to some this sounds like a waste of time, but I learned a great deal about my machines this way.
Then after I became comfortable & got a little braver I started using more complicated cuts & layers, building on what I knew already.
Eventually I found this MB & it has proven over time to be very, very, very helpful. Many times all you have to do is look something up & just read. (Which is a great thing as slow as it can be at times.)
As you go along you will want or convince yourself you need more carts & you will expand those & before you know it you will be a master at this!
BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS: HAVE FUN!!!

Edited by user Wednesday, February 23, 2011 11:05:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Doxieluv01 Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 6:33:37 PM(UTC)
Doxieluv01

Was thanked: 2261 time(s) in 1788 post(s)
kimcar Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 7:48:47 PM(UTC)
kimcar

Was thanked: 115 time(s) in 86 post(s)
There are lots of sites on how to use most any of the PC machines, Robyn at MYPINKSTAMPER.COM has lots of videos on how to use the E and even more recently, the Imagine.

Like some previous advice, play, play and play. Use paper scraps, I started out by using old copy paper written on one side,old bills, etc. There will be cutting and tearing until you figure out speed and pressure etc. but just keep at it. and ask questions, the people on this board are very helpful. Have fun.