Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Caron Feeney Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2011 6:59:57 PM(UTC)
Caron Feeney

Groups: Registered

Hi,
I didn't realize how much of a newbie I am until I started reading posts about people with a hundred cartridges! I would love to have that many.

My questions right now are:

I understand the sizing of letters and objects from top to bottom and I understand the real dial. What I haven't figured out is how wide the letter/object will end up being. If I cut out a word at 2" high how do I know that is not going to be too wide to fit where I want it.

Also, what glue/adhesive do you use? I have been using the crafting glue sticks but if I get it where I don't want it, it dries shiny.

Is there a font cartridge that will cut in script. connecting together the letters of your own choice?

Thank you.BigGrin
Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2011 7:31:00 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7612 time(s) in 3551 post(s)
Hi Caron & Welcome!

caronfeeney wrote:
Hi,
I didn't realize how much of a newbie I am until I started reading posts about people with a hundred cartridges! I would love to have that many.

My questions right now are:

I understand the sizing of letters and objects from top to bottom and I understand the real dial. What I haven't figured out is how wide the letter/object will end up being. If I cut out a word at 2" high how do I know that is not going to be too wide to fit where I want it. There's no easy way to tell how wide your object is going to be using the Cricut alone. What many of us do is use Design Studio or a Gypsy to see exactly how big the object will be. With both of those programs you can resize the object to get it exactly how you want it. Even if you don't want to use DS to cut your image, you can still use it to see how big objects will be before you cut them out. The trial version of DS is really handy for that purpose. You can download it from here: http://www.cricut.com/CDS/Update.aspx
With the trial version you can VIEW and DESIGN with ALL the cartridges in the Cricut Library, however you can only CUT with the cart/s that came with your Cricut. (George for the Personal, Don Juan for the Create, Accent Essentials and Plantin Schoolbook for the Expression).

Also, what glue/adhesive do you use? I have been using the crafting glue sticks but if I get it where I don't want it, it dries shiny. There's so many different glues, each one for a different purpose.... For small stuff I tend to use a Zig glue pen or my Zyron X.

Is there a font cartridge that will cut in script. connecting together the letters of your own choice?
Without DS or the Gypsy you cant join (weld) objects/letters together. That's one of the best features of both those programs - the ability to weld words and objects from different carts together.

Thank you.BigGrin

Denver Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 5:13:52 PM(UTC)
Denver

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 13 post(s)
caronfeeney wrote:
Also, what glue/adhesive do you use? I have been using the crafting glue sticks but if I get it where I don't want it, it dries shiny.

THANK YOU!! For asking this question... I have been using glue sticks. Let me tell ya', what a pain in the butt! haha!LOL
Alaskacricut Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 6:08:59 PM(UTC)
Alaskacricut

Was thanked: 348 time(s) in 223 post(s)
Hi Caron, welcome to the message board! I wanted to share with you some of the adhesives I like to use. Like Narelle, the zip pen is really great for small pieces, I have glue glider pro (ggp), it is like a hand held glue gun so to speak, where there is a roll of adhesive tape on it and you can also buy refills for it. I have at times used my glue gun to. A lot of the folks here also you an ATG gun which I think is bigger than the ggp, but I'm not sure. I will find a link to the ggp and post here so you can see it! Again welcome to the mb, Kathy
Alaskacricut Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 6:11:17 PM(UTC)
Alaskacricut

Was thanked: 348 time(s) in 223 post(s)
Caron here is a link to a picture of the ggp. If you do consider buying one, it is a good idea to shop around for price and refills. Some people offer the ggp and a few refills for a great price! Just click on the link below, Kathy

http://www.amazon.com/Gl...d=1297473026&sr=8-16