Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

SusanMunslow Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 09, 2011 6:38:41 AM(UTC)
SusanMunslow

Groups: Registered

Confused
Hi I am a complete newbie. Have just been bought a Cricut Expression and a Gypsy. (Lucky me!) Have managed to register and link my cartridges to the Gypsy and have just done an update ( I think) Cannot tell if I got the free cartridges as I cannot work out how to tell on the Gypsy which cartridges are active, i.e. mine. I know they all show up,but you can only cut from the ones you own, so how do you tell which are yours? sorry if I am not making myself very clear but which buttons do you use to show this, any help would be much appreciated, thanks. Susie.
KarenB Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 09, 2011 7:50:23 AM(UTC)
KarenB

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)
The gypsy is fun, isn't it? I got mine late last year and have only played with it but I think the answer to your question is that if you click on the drop down arrow next to the list of cartridges you can select something that says linked cartridges - and that will show you the cartridges you have linked. I am at work so can't try it to tell you exactly but I know its something like that. Good luck and have fun!

Karen
 1 user thanked KarenB for this useful post.
SusanMunslow on 2/10/2011(UTC)
TinaW528 Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 09, 2011 8:08:54 AM(UTC)
TinaW528

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 713 time(s) in 617 post(s)
Also, the ones that are "active" are green and the ones that aren't are red. Have fun!
 1 user thanked TinaW528 for this useful post.
sweetpea1030 Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 09, 2011 9:08:26 PM(UTC)
sweetpea1030

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 1604 time(s) in 1019 post(s)
Like Tina says when you're on the screen to select a cut, down in the bottom left-hand corner the names of the carts appear. The dark ones are the ones you own. Those that show in red are the ones you don't. If one you own shows up in red, you need to do the linking procedure again. Also, with the drop down, you can select to see only your linked cartridges. HTH
Confused
 1 user thanked sweetpea1030 for this useful post.
SusanMunslow Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2011 12:48:19 AM(UTC)
SusanMunslow

sweetpea1030 wrote:
Like Tina says when you're on the screen to select a cut, down in the bottom left-hand corner the names of the carts appear. The dark ones are the ones you own. Those that show in red are the ones you don't. If one you own shows up in red, you need to do the linking procedure again. Also, with the drop down, you can select to see only your linked cartridges. HTH
Confused

Thanks for that,I got the names of the cartridges to come up along the bottom and went through using the arrows, saw they were in green or red, but that took ages, I still cannot figure out where the drop down is and how to access it, sorry to be a pain, thanks. Susie.
SarahW Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 9:24:50 PM(UTC)
SarahW

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 43 post(s)
When you are looking at the long list of cartridges that are red and green, on the top of your screen there is a drop down menu that says "ALL CARTRIDGES" if you place your sylus there and tap or hold the stylus there for a second and a menu drops down and you can choose "LINKED CARTRIDGES" or "CARTRIDGES IN USE" If you only want to see the list of cartridges you have linked then select "LINKED CARTRIDGES" and everytimt you go to pick a cartridge only the linked ones will be on that list..
"Cartridges in Use" is when you open a saved project and are unsure what cartridges you used to create the project you can select to view "cartridges in use" from that drop down menu...Hope this info helps you. I know it can be frustrating trying to figure a new toy that you are super excited to use...Best of luck!