Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

brianaolson Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 30, 2011 10:10:33 PM(UTC)
brianaolson

Groups: Registered

I was wondering if anyone knows how to cut a specific place on a paper, photo, fabric pattern?
For example I would like to cut out a photo in a shape of a heart.
sweetpea1030 Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 30, 2011 11:40:18 PM(UTC)
sweetpea1030

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 1604 time(s) in 1019 post(s)
I know you use the center point feature on the Expression but that's all I know. If you give some more info, such as what machine you have and whether you're using design studio or gypsy, somebody else may be able to provide you more assistance. HTH
Confused

Edited by user Sunday, January 30, 2011 11:42:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DeeScraps Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, January 31, 2011 5:11:36 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 706 time(s) in 538 post(s)
I'd also like to know that.

Dee
jennifer taggart Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, January 31, 2011 5:35:24 PM(UTC)
jennifer taggart

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 35 post(s)
When I recently cut some photos with my cricut I actually put the picture on the left side of my mat as my book instructed. I then hit my portrait button and chose my size. The trick was though:

depending on the picture and the shape I had to make sure it went the same direction. I did cars for my sons 3rd party and had to figure it out. It did work though and I am anxious to try it on other pictures.

Also when the portrait button is lit up the blade will go to the left of the mat to start cutting.

hope that helps but that is how I did what little I cut like that. Good luck
GypsyLady Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, January 31, 2011 5:41:49 PM(UTC)
GypsyLady

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 122 time(s) in 103 post(s)
Cool YouTube has some great videos showing how to do this. I tried it and it works perfectly. One thing you can do is, first cut out the shape you want, take the shape off the mat, leaving the rest of the paper still on, then put your picture under the empty shape space. Move your picture how you want it to turn out and last take off the original paper leaving just your photo on the mat. reload and repeat last. YouTube also has a video showing how to do this using the centre point button. I don't have the link but you just need to search Cricut cutting out picture shapes or some such. Hope this was some help.
 1 user thanked GypsyLady for this useful post.
TK on 2/1/2011(UTC)
Olivia'sNana Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 02, 2011 5:07:55 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 788 time(s) in 356 post(s)
I have DS and the way I do it - is layout my image and size it the way I want on my ds mat (make sure that it is not larger than your photo but large enough to include all you want of your photo), cut the image on scrap paper, push load last so the blade goes exactly back to where it started, carefully remove the cut image without taking the mat out of your machine, leave the negative part of the cut on your mat and then lay your photo under the negative, line it up the way you want and cut again. This time it is cutting your photo.

If necessary, you can go ahead and take your mat off and lay your photo under the negative and remove the negative, reload and cut but your alignment may be slightly off.

If you don;t have gypsy or ds, you can do basically the same thing, I;m sure. I just haven't used my E solo in so long, I am not sure how to direct you.

oops I think I just repeated basically what gypsylady just said. sorry

Edited by user Wednesday, February 02, 2011 5:09:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified