Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Regina Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 10:26:56 PM(UTC)
Regina

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Laugh Hi! My name is Regina and I am a Cricut newbie. I have actually had it since before Thanksgiving, but have only used it for my daughter's homework projects (she is in an art school). I have the Cricut Personal model, Two jukeboxes (a total of 9 cartridges) and the cricut design studio software pack as well as the tool kit. (One of the jukeboxes and 4 of the cartridges are in shipment to me.)

So, I was playing around with the design studio software tonight and realized that it didn't have all of the cartridges that I have listed in the drop down menu. I tried the option to try and see if there was a software update, but it was unable to connect to the website to check. So my question is this, how do I get the new cartridges to work with the software?

I have played around with the software a little, no where near enough to know how to really use it well. I am sure I will be posting about later on. Blushing

So, I guess my biggest question right now is how to get the software to recognize the new cartridges? I know that is probably a stupid question, but I did warn you that I was a newbie, right?

Thanks so much for any help you can provide!

~Regina
Luvskrapin2 Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 10:46:03 PM(UTC)
Luvskrapin2

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 56 post(s)
If you downloaded design studio from the cd then go to this link and do what it says! It basically says to uninstall your design studio and then install the one that they have the button for on there! http://www.cricut.com/cds/Update.aspx

Then after that scroll down the page and install the last font package and it should install all of the cartridges that you don't have! I hope this helps! Smile
 1 user thanked Luvskrapin2 for this useful post.
Regina on 1/25/2011(UTC)
Narelle Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 11:28:41 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7567 time(s) in 3531 post(s)
Regina wrote:
Laugh Hi! My name is Regina and I am a Cricut newbie. I have actually had it since before Thanksgiving, but have only used it for my daughter's homework projects (she is in an art school). I have the Cricut Personal model, Two jukeboxes (a total of 9 cartridges) and the cricut design studio software pack as well as the tool kit. (One of the jukeboxes and 4 of the cartridges are in shipment to me.)

So, I was playing around with the design studio software tonight and realized that it didn't have all of the cartridges that I have listed in the drop down menu. I tried the option to try and see if there was a software update, but it was unable to connect to the website to check. So my question is this, how do I get the new cartridges to work with the software?

I have played around with the software a little, no where near enough to know how to really use it well. I am sure I will be posting about later on. Blushing

So, I guess my biggest question right now is how to get the software to recognize the new cartridges? I know that is probably a stupid question, but I did warn you that I was a newbie, right?

Thanks so much for any help you can provide!

~Regina

Hi Regina

I answered in your other post but just wanted to say again - WELCOME!! Smile

Edited by user Monday, January 24, 2011 11:29:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
Regina on 1/25/2011(UTC)
Regina Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2011 12:06:12 AM(UTC)
Regina

BigGrin Thank you so much for your help! I uninstalled and downloaded the new software. I have another font question though for you, that maybe you can answer. I have around 400 regular fonts, is it t possible to import them into the cricut system? I don't think that they are, but it would be wonderful if I could. I have 7-8 different scrapbooking software programs. It would be nice to meld them all into one program rather than have to switch back and forth all the time.

Thanks for all your help!

~ Regina
Narelle Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2011 12:15:55 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7567 time(s) in 3531 post(s)
Unfortunately, no you can't.

DS is a cartridge based program. Would be lovely though wouldn't it!

Then again, I'd have a melt down trying to decide which font to pick out of the thousands of fonts out there.

I have a hard enough time picking one from my carts! Blushing
Luvskrapin2 Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2011 7:41:42 AM(UTC)
Luvskrapin2

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 56 post(s)
Regina wrote:
BigGrin Thank you so much for your help! I uninstalled and downloaded the new software. I have another font question though for you, that maybe you can answer. I have around 400 regular fonts, is it t possible to import them into the cricut system? I don't think that they are, but it would be wonderful if I could. I have 7-8 different scrapbooking software programs. It would be nice to meld them all into one program rather than have to switch back and forth all the time.

Thanks for all your help!

~ Regina

So did that work? Let me know! Welcome to the board and have fun!

Regina Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2011 9:57:13 AM(UTC)
Regina

Thank you for the warm welcome Narelle! I was afraid of this when I asked about my other fonts. I wish someone would come out with a way or a program to let you consolidate our library so everything was functional with everything else. Maybe I should see if my brother could write me a program that would allow it. Hmm. Something to think about
Regina Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2011 10:05:33 AM(UTC)
Regina

Luvskrapin wrote:
So did that work? Let me know! Welcome to the board and have fun!

Thanks Luvskrapin, it did work, mostly. There are still a few that aren't on there, but I have much more there now than I had before. Thank you so much, you made me a very happy woman last night.