Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

NicoleStampin Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, January 21, 2011 7:22:19 AM(UTC)
NicoleStampin

Groups: Registered

I have spent over 3 hours getting my Gypsy updated and registered and have now been scared to turn on my Cricut for fear that update will take several hours as well. Does it need to updated too?

I also got the free download cartridges on my Gypsy. However I am a visual person an want the instruction booklets with the pictures. I found on the Gypsy section website under FAQ where they are suppose to be available for download to print... anyone know where to find them?

I have to say I am VERY overwhelmed with all it is taking to get these machines going. I can't wait to play and looking at all the buttons and options is quite intimidating... didn't realize there was so much to making a robot on my Robotz cartridge! So I haven't even turned my Cricut Expression on at this point!

Your assistance would be immensely appreciately!!Confused
Sincerely
Nicole

Edited by user Friday, January 21, 2011 7:23:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Narelle Online
#2 Posted : Friday, January 21, 2011 3:53:00 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7568 time(s) in 3532 post(s)
Hi Nicole. Step down off the ledge - I can help! Laugh

My Gypsy took ages to update yesterday too. I think it was because a new update came out yesterday and everyone who knew about it jumped straight on to download it!

Now that your Gypsy is updated the hardest part is done! The firmware update only takes about 20 minutes (maybe less), so long as everything is set up correctly.

If you have any problems with the firmware update let us know. You may need to do two passes of the firmware update, but you will see a message telling you that if it's necessary. Make sure you turn your Cricut OFF before you do the second pass. (It needs to be OFF when you start the process too).

You can download the handbooks for your carts from here: http://www.cricut.com/information/cartridge_library.aspx You will see two files you can download. The first is just a sample sheet. You want the 2nd download which is the handbook.

Good luck and let us know how you got on!

Edited by user Friday, January 21, 2011 3:54:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked Narelle for this useful post.
scrapalette on 1/22/2011(UTC), NicoleStampin on 1/24/2011(UTC)
NicoleStampin Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 11:02:12 AM(UTC)
NicoleStampin

Groups: Registered

BigGrin Supper happy to say my Gypsy updated just fine and didn't need the second update. I made a sign for my Nephew's arrival home from Marine bootcamp an was one proud aunt to have used my machine(all by myself!)

Thanks for the help with everything! I am one happy crafter now!
Narelle Online
#4 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 11:45:42 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7568 time(s) in 3532 post(s)
Good news!

Happy creating!!