Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

cmaasen Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2011 5:28:53 PM(UTC)
cmaasen

Groups: Registered

I got the machine for Christmas (first one), and i can't seem to get it to work.
This is what happens: once the machine turns on,(he font cartridge has been placed), the blade holder slides to the right and then makes a load noise, like something is in the way, which i have triple checked and nothing is there. Then i go to load the paper and hit the button and nothing works. The screen the whole time reads Cricut V1.31, i'm not sure if i got a faulty cartridge or what...has anyone else experienced this issue?

sweetpea1030 Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2011 6:11:22 PM(UTC)
sweetpea1030

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 1604 time(s) in 1019 post(s)
I'm going to post a link to the cricut chat forum on the MB. They may be able to help you. I'll post a copy of your message on their forum as well.
Confused

http://community.provocr...opics31_Cricut-Chat.aspx
Narelle Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2011 7:24:36 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7568 time(s) in 3532 post(s)
cmaasen wrote:
I got the machine for Christmas (first one), and i can't seem to get it to work.
This is what happens: once the machine turns on,(he font cartridge has been placed), the blade holder slides to the right and then makes a load noise, like something is in the way, which i have triple checked and nothing is there. Then i go to load the paper and hit the button and nothing works. The screen the whole time reads Cricut V1.31, i'm not sure if i got a faulty cartridge or what...has anyone else experienced this issue?

I think that you should either:

a) Take it back to (or phone) the store you purchased it from, or

b) Give Provocraft Customer Service a call on Monday.

Edited by user Saturday, January 15, 2011 7:25:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Di&Co Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2011 6:58:07 PM(UTC)
Di&Co

Canada

Was thanked: 19015 time(s) in 4904 post(s)
You may have gotten a damaged machine, could be just a little piece out of place. Most places you cant return your cricut to where you bought it, you have to call PC's help line to get a replacement.
CricketCMV Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2011 7:50:38 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 7566 time(s) in 4432 post(s)
I don't know if you're doing this when you are hitting the "load paper" button, but you have to physically push the mat under the roller a little at the start to get the mat feeding through. Does that make sense? In other words, hit "load paper" and with your hand behind the mat, actually push the paper in under the roller.

Having said that, you should hear the roller when you hit "load paper". If you're not hearing anything, then you do have a problem.

I'm a little surprised your machine has V1.31, if it's brand new. I bought mine two years ago and it is at V1.0. Of course, maybe they automatically update new ones as they are built. It just sounded like maybe yours might be a used one. I'm not trying to alarm you; just surprised mine arrived at V1.0 and yours says V1.31. That means firmware has been updated on it; however, as I said, they may send the new ones out already updated.

Char