Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

RSCH Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 5:13:57 PM(UTC)
RSCH

Groups: Registered

Mad

I have had my Cricut for a while and I LOVE it! When it works. I am having a terrible time getting it to cut all the way through my paper. I have the deep cut blade and it does the same thing. I also have issues with it cutting glitter paper. And let's face it, who doesn't LOVE glitter paper?!!! I have tried several different speed/pressure combos with no success Crying ALL tips and tricks would be GREATLY appreciated!BigGrin
Hodmom Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 5:58:05 PM(UTC)
Hodmom

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 5799 time(s) in 3628 post(s)
How sticky is your mat....I have lots of problems unless my mat is good and sticky....glitter paper I usually multicut two or three times on max pressure....the other papers, I've learned by trial and error....if I have a tearing problem, I back off the pressure and add a multicut....sometimes you just have to play...alot :)
RSCH Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 6:11:19 PM(UTC)
RSCH

I actually had a brand new mat. :( What is Multicut?
JenMcCalley Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2011 4:14:52 PM(UTC)
JenMcCalley

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Multicut is when you have the circut cut the same cut, in the same spot, multiple times. There's a button on the machine for it as well as an option on the gypsy! Works wonders!
Jen
sweetpea1030 Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2011 7:15:39 PM(UTC)
sweetpea1030

Was thanked: 1604 time(s) in 1019 post(s)
The multicut feature will cut up to three times on the same piece. For instance, if you cut a circle on some cardstock you have to cut more than once. So your machine will cut the same circle up to three times (whichever you select) before stopping.

Some folks have found success in putting the glitter part on the sticky part of the mat and cut that way. Depending on the cut, though, you may need to flip or mirror the shape since you're cutting on the wrong side of the paper. You may also have to play around with the pressure and needle depth.

You didn't mention whether you have a gypsy or the design studio software. It would make a big difference, especially when cutting on the wrong side of the paper. You can download a trial copy of design studio from the PC cricut.com website. HTH
Confused
CricketCMV Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2011 6:52:45 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 7603 time(s) in 4452 post(s)
I have my blade depth on "6" for everything I cut.

I was having problems with the paper with filler the other day; it's usually the solid papers (DCWV) which is heavier and has a white filler that shows if the cuts aren't crisp. I used to have a problem getting the cuts to come off the page and there would be a lot of the little white pieces showing; now, I simply set my PRESSURE on "HIGH". That always helps me with the heavier papers now. I don't have to nudge the cuts off the paper; the cuts just pop off the page.

I do have to remember to set the PRESSURE back on "medium", since the "high" setting cuts directly through everything.

Others have posted that they cover up the white filler by inking along the edge (where it's white) ever so slightly to blend with the color of the paper you're using. I know this is a little OT, but it came up as I mentioned the white filler paper.

HTH!

Char