Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

MammyB1 Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 08, 2011 8:56:41 PM(UTC)
MammyB1

Groups: Registered

Hi all,
I was given the Cricut Imagine as a gift but am concerned about the amount of problems users seem to be having. Should it stay or go? Such a worry as I only have about two weeks to make up my mind and I have had it since November. As it was a gift, I didn't want to use it before Christmas. I have still not opened or unpacked it and I am seriously thinking of returning it. Any feed back would be appreciated. Confused
sweetpea1030 Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 09, 2011 12:54:12 AM(UTC)
sweetpea1030

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 1604 time(s) in 1019 post(s)
Hey, Mammy

Have you checked out the Imagine forum? You may find them helpful in answering your questions and making your decision. I'm posting a link. HTH (hope this helps).

http://community.provocr...cs35_Cricut-Imagine.aspx
Confused
Christine Sekora Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 09, 2011 11:43:52 AM(UTC)
Christine Sekora

Was thanked: 96 time(s) in 38 post(s)
The machine looks amazing. I haven't the funds to get one. As with anything new and as you watch all the forums...the issues will eventually get worked out. Just like every industry. Look at new cars with their technical service bulletins and recalls...eventually everything gets figured out. I am sure they are trying to fix the bugs as they see them.

You have already got a great resource..your fellow posters in here.

And if you still don't want it then I am sure you could find someone who would BigGrin
JenMcCalley Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 09, 2011 1:58:47 PM(UTC)
JenMcCalley

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Just my 2 cents, but I have a friend who is an avid Cricut user and hates hers! :( She wishes she could return it, but she used it. Her main complaint is that it doesn't work as well with the gypsy. SHe's worried they will release a new gypsy and she'll have to buy something else...
Sojourne Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 11, 2011 6:27:03 AM(UTC)
Sojourne

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 55 post(s)
I love mine. I have the original Cricut and I have a Pazzles Inspiration. I just got the Imagine for myself for Christmas and I love it. I like the fact that I can print out full size to any size papers with the patterns and textures. I think the whole thing is how technically incline you are. The Imagine is FAR easier to use than my Pazzles but because I'm a gadget guru, I pick up very quickly on these things and I'm not even a seasoned Cricut user. Before the Imagine, I only had two carts! Since Christmas, my cart inventory has climbed to almost 40 BigGrin

The big thing is you need to take it out of the package and make sure it works, especially if you got it from HSN. Mine came used unfortunately Huh The problems people have been having with their machines I think come from not understanding that the firmware needs updating before you use it. I made the mistake and used it first and my images were all out of sync, after updating it, they were perfect.

HTH
marti{pezadoodle} Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, January 17, 2011 3:47:52 AM(UTC)
marti{pezadoodle}

Was thanked: 282 time(s) in 147 post(s)
i can't say enough how much i ADORE mine - i love love love it! here is my list for ya:

1. cuts far better than previous cricut machines - like a dream
2. far more versatile - i can use it as i would a regular cricut with colored paper OR use it in combination with imagine carts and use the print function too
3. love the interface - i never use design studio much and i don't have a gypsy so maybe it is similar but without having to drag my laptop down there and find a place to put it. i can pick all of the cuts i want to do at once regardless of size or creative feature and then cut them all at once without having to do each one individually.

and i have not had ANY trouble with mine at all. now because i don't use design studio or the gypsy it doesn't bother me that they don't work with it but i think that will change soon anyway. if you have any trouble setting it up or figuring it out let me know! i would be happy to walk you through it!