Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Amabca99 Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 08, 2011 9:25:54 AM(UTC)
Amabca99

Groups: Registered

Hi all! I am new to all of this and I cannot wait to get started. I received the Expression for Christmas and finally have a moment to play with it. I wanted to make valentines bags or boxes for my DD class and I was wondering if anyone can suggest a few cartridges for doing this. I currently have the classic font, Playtime, and Twinkle toes and I think My Dh has ordered me the springtime bundle. TIA for all of the great advice and guidance I know I will receive. I cannot wait to get cutting.

Thanks!
Narelle Online
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 08, 2011 4:16:01 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7593 time(s) in 3543 post(s)
Congrats on your Expression!

Tag, Bags, Boxes and more is a great cart for what you're wanting to make. It might be a little hard to find as it's been discontinued but lots of online places still have it.

What would be an even better purchase at the moment would be the Gypsy. If you purchase and register it by Feb 28 you get Tags, bags, boxes & more as a free download, as well as 4 other carts. And I think at the moment Michaels is selling the gypsy for just under $50. Which is an AMAZING deal! Check out the Cricut chat forum as there's heaps of posts about the M's sale.
sweetpea1030 Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 09, 2011 1:08:16 AM(UTC)
sweetpea1030

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 1604 time(s) in 1019 post(s)
You can also go to cricut.com and look at the handbooks for the various carts to see what's on them. The easiest way would be to download a trial copy of Cricut Design Studio from cricut.com. Once it's downloaded, you can look at all the cuts on all the carts, you can only cut from the ones you own, but you can see what's on them. That's how I make my selection of carts to buy as some of them do have the same or very similar cuts. HTH (Hope this helps). Oh, the gypsy is a good idea. I can't believe it's under $50 at Michaels. They're selling elsewhere for about $170-180. I really like the gypsy. You can download all your carts onto it and then just connect it to your machine to cut. Cool, huh?
Blink