Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

PaperHeartz Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 02, 2011 9:10:48 PM(UTC)
PaperHeartz

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Hi everyone!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Im new to the board. My Hubby just got me the Expression for Christmas and I'm super excited to start working on some projects. Any advice on where to begin lol? my new AQUA <3 Expression comes with the Classic Font cart and Cricut Lite Playtime cart.

thanks in advance!

Hiara in south florida
enolamom Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 02, 2011 9:32:27 PM(UTC)
enolamom

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 56 post(s)
My advice is to read these boards. People on here give advice so freely and you can get so many ideas just looking at other people's projects. I'm pretty new to all this too. I started out just cutting inexpensive papers of different thicknesses to play with the settings. That way, I could see what worked best for me since I've heard even some Expressions cut differently. You can check youtube for the thousands of Cricut videos there or Google images (in each case, you can just put in the name of the cartridge and lots of things will pop up) I'm pleased with what I've done so far, but know I have a long way to go. Good luck. I think you'll love it.
I should add that Playtime looks like the perfect cart for you. I was intimidated by the layering, but I found out how to do it, step by step, by watching a youtube video. I'm sure they'll have one for you too.

Edited by user Sunday, January 02, 2011 9:37:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked enolamom for this useful post.
PaperHeartz on 1/2/2011(UTC)
scrapalette Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 02, 2011 9:34:27 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18411 time(s) in 8182 post(s)
A good place to start is the project(s) that are in the cart handbooks. Doing them will give you a feel for the machine and the cart and what they can do. From there, let your imagination run wild!

Be sure to check out all the forums on the MB (cards, LOs, other crafts, etc) for lots of inspiration! BigGrin
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
PaperHeartz on 1/2/2011(UTC)
PaperHeartz Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 02, 2011 10:05:16 PM(UTC)
PaperHeartz

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Yay. thanks ladies. im very excited to get started, with all the craziness of the holidays i wanted to wait till they were over to really sit down and read through the manual. Now that new years has passed i feel i can finally wind down and start getting inspired
LaGeorgiaPaperie Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 02, 2011 10:08:11 PM(UTC)
LaGeorgiaPaperie

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Welcome! The MB is great, but so is YouTube! That is where I learned so much about how the Cricut works! Check out RobynStamps and AboveRubiesStudio on YouTube, both ladies have great, easy to follow tutorials on the Cricut. As you keep looking around, I'm sure you'll find some other YT crafters to learn from!