Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

TammyKersey Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, December 31, 2010 9:35:52 AM(UTC)
TammyKersey

Groups: Registered

I just purchased the small Cricut from a friend but she didn't have the George and Basic Shapes cartridge. Is there anyway to get this? I am new at this and not sure how to even work it yet and I don't want to spend the money on a new cartridge yet.
PreciousWolf13 Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, December 31, 2010 9:58:08 AM(UTC)
PreciousWolf13

I'm not sure how to get those cartridges...but thought I'd mention there are a ton of stores having good sales today on cartridges. You might be able to find a cartridge for $20 to get you started and give you an idea how the Cricut works. One cartridge was all it took for me to be hooked and now I have 30. If you have a Roberts Arts and Crafts in your area I know they have some great sales going on today. Happy scrappin'!
LindaGull Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, December 31, 2010 10:27:38 AM(UTC)
LindaGull

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Is there any store online having good sales on the cartridges?
PreciousWolf13 Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, December 31, 2010 10:49:00 AM(UTC)
PreciousWolf13

LindaGull wrote:
Is there any store online having good sales on the cartridges?

Looks like Joann's is ( www.joann.com ) having a few, but their prices always seem to be higher than some other places. I love Roberts but for some reason they don't put have as great of sales online as they do in store. I've never bought from this site, www.ohmycrafts.com, but I've seen lots of posts on here from other people about it. I just checked and they appear to be having some good sales today too!
CristinaS Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, December 31, 2010 5:47:39 PM(UTC)
CristinaS

United States

I just bought a few cartridges from http://www.cricutmachine.com/index.php. I haven't recieved them yet as I just ordered them two days ago but they are having a great sale. hth
WP Mom Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 01, 2011 9:15:44 PM(UTC)
WP Mom

I am also new to the Cricut world... I have been online with e-bay and have bought a couple of cartridges. Really good prices! I recommend looking for new cartridges on e-bay.
Khrista Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, January 01, 2011 10:47:27 PM(UTC)
Khrista

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2490 time(s) in 1389 post(s)
Welcome to the Cricut World. :) You will have to have a cartridge in order to use the machine. Does your friend have any cartridges she'd let you borrow so you can get a feel for the machine? Cricutmachine.com and ebay are both good online places for cartridges. If you have a Michaels, they have some cartridges as low as $20 on clearance. A fun one to pick up is either of the Paperdoll ones. You can also purchase the smaller cartridges like 'Summer in Paris' 'Winter Lace' .. drawing a blank on the other ones off hand at places like Fred Myer's for $20. They don't have many images though. I'd go the Michael's route first. Unless you're dying to have a particular cartridge, I wouldn't pay more than $30 for one. CraftWarehouse, which I think is only WA, OR, and CA has some fantastic deals going on with $10 off the lowest price cartridge and they had some cute ones like 'Create a Critter', 'Doodlecharms' and 'Simply Charmed' for just $24. All three of those are pretty versatile that lots of people love to use.

Probably more info than you wanted.. but basically you do need a cartridge to even use the machine.. whether you can borrow one or have to go buy one is all.

HTH
:)Khrista
scrapalette Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, January 02, 2011 11:31:50 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18386 time(s) in 8169 post(s)
The George and Basic Shapes cart is sold with the machine. There are some retailers that separate the bundled machines/carts and sell it separately, but you probably won't find it at a brick and mortar store like Ms, Js or HL.

George is available through the Cricut Rewards program but you'll have to buy a few carts that contain reward points to accumulate enough points to get it. Check out cricutrewards.com.