Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

stacyharter Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2010 3:49:24 PM(UTC)
stacyharter

Groups: Registered

I just got a Cricut for Christmas and thought that I would LOVE it... but I am more frustrated than anything. Cursing I've been waiting to scrapbook until I got it so needless to say the work is piling up. I have figured out all the different cuts it can make and am fine there, but after I unload the paper and try to take it off.. it just rips apart! Is the mat supposed to be THAT sticky?! and is there an easier way to get images off without ripping them? I have read that I need to go get a spatula and maybe that will solve some of my problems. I am using just a basic, plain colored cardstock with a font cart. Another problem with it is that once I finally do get an image off, it is not a clean cut around the edges...

Any tips, advice, words of wisdom??? Crying
gcmcevoy Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2010 5:19:49 PM(UTC)
gcmcevoy

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 702 time(s) in 607 post(s)
Hi Stacy!
Welcome, Sorry you are having a hard time with your mat. I don't know why PC doesn't put a warning on the mats that they can be super sticky the first few times you use them. I learned that you need to season ( some people call it Hugging) your mats when you first use it. Here are a few hints; 1. Before taking off the cover put a sticky on the outside of the cover, this way you know which side goes down to protect the mat ( one side of the cover is attracted to the mat the other isn't so putting the sticky on the out side saves you from guessing which is which)
2. Season your mat by placing your hands all over the mat to take the sticky off. Some people also use a lint free cloth to do this (some people also hug the mat to their clothes to do this) and then get a piece of paper and place it on and off the mat a few times as well.
3. Cleaning you mat can renew the stick. Some people wipe the mat down with baby wipes.
Others wash their mat in warm soapy water and scrub with a nylon scrubbie,rinse with warm water and dry on a flat surface.
4. Yes you need your spatula it is the best tool ever! This is another thing I don't know why it isn't included with the mat and machine. It is the best 5 bucks you will spend. You can also use an old credit card / gift card as a scraper or you can buy the complete tool kit (I'd rather spend the money on CartsLaugh Laugh ).

Hope that helps some. There are many wonderful talented and helpful people here on the message board and everyone is very helpful so don't feel shy about asking questions.
Welcome again!!
sweetpea1030 Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2010 11:04:04 PM(UTC)
sweetpea1030

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 1604 time(s) in 1019 post(s)
Ditto previous poster.

WELCOME TO THE MB!
BigGrin