Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

CristinaS Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2010 12:35:42 AM(UTC)
CristinaS

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello! I recieved a Cricut Create for Christmas and so far I absolutely love it! I haven't had a lot of time to play with it yet (I had my wisdom teeth removed on Monday) but am really looking forward to using it more in the next few days. I've noticed that when I pull off a cut image or even a full size piece of paper off the mat it tends to curl. Is there anyway to prevent it from curling like that? I don't have any of the Cricut tools and have just be using my hands/fingernails to lift up the edges and then peel the image off the mat. I wasn't sure if using one of the lifter tools (sorry I don't know the proper name!) would help with the curling or not.
Also, what are your favorite cartridges and/or the best cartridges to start out with? My Create came with the Don Juan cartridge which is great but doesn't have a ton of images on it. There are SO many cartridges out there that I'm not sure which ones to buy first.

Thanks in advance for all your help! I'm really looking forward to using my Cricut more and getting to know all of you on the forum!

Cristina
Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2010 12:57:53 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7609 time(s) in 3549 post(s)
Hi & welcome!

When you first start using a mat it will be super sticky. You can take some of the sticky off by removing the plastic cover and patting the mat all over with the palms of your hands.

While it is still sticky try pulling the mat away from the paper, instead of the paper away from the mat.

The Cricut spatula is a great tool that I use all the time.

Also, thinner cardstock (usually the printed kind) is always harder to remove from a sticky mat.

Carts are such a personal thing. What do you see yourself using more - fonts or images?
Scrappy Tinman Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2010 4:27:23 AM(UTC)
Scrappy Tinman

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 49 post(s)
If you don't have a cricut spatula (which you really need) you can use one of the long flat spatulas that you use in the kitchen. I think you are supposed to use it to ice cakes the blade is very thin and flexible and has 2 -- 90 degree angles between the handle and the blade. I use that thingy anytime I cannot find my cricut tools.