Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
gcmcevoy Offline
#31 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2010 6:28:42 AM(UTC)
gcmcevoy

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 702 time(s) in 607 post(s)
LisaCarrier wrote:
My husband also gave me a Cricut Expression for Christmas. But the one he got did not come with any cartridges. I am very eager to get started, but I need to know what cartridges does everyone recommend I start with.

I am also wondering where can you get the downloads to get things from an internet download vs buying cartridges.

Thanks

Lisa , first welcome!
I am surprised your machine didn't come with at least one cart.
The second thing you need to know is that if you use a third party down load( scal and so on)you void your warranty and if anything goes wrong with your Bug you will be out of luck.
See if you can get Plantin Schoolbook which has a basic font and some designs to start with.I think you can get that cart off of the cricut .com site or look on eBay.
Hope that helps. Welcome again to you and all the new MB peeps!
CanadaJanice Offline
#32 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2010 7:54:09 AM(UTC)
CanadaJanice

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 66 post(s)
LisaCarrier wrote:
My husband also gave me a Cricut Expression for Christmas. But the one he got did not come with any cartridges. I am very eager to get started, but I need to know what cartridges does everyone recommend I start with.

I am also wondering where can you get the downloads to get things from an internet download vs buying cartridges.

Thanks

I would contact either the store where your husband bought your Expression or ProvoCraft; the Expression should always come with at least 2 cartridges. If it didn't, I think someone bought the machine, removed them from the box, and returned the E, keeping the carts.
Mad
sweetpea1030 Offline
#33 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2010 3:10:16 PM(UTC)
sweetpea1030

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 1604 time(s) in 1019 post(s)
Rosygirl wrote:
Just another warning.....if you are like me as well as starting to feel more of the deadly sin of LUST you will become a posting addict where you will put a project on the boards and then keep going back 50 times a day to see if anyone has commented on it. If you don't get any or only a few comments you will plunge to the depths of despair and look at other peoples projects and think...mine is as GOOD as if not BETTER so why don't hey like it???????

On the other hand you will also get so many fantastic ideas ( the word scraplift should be in the new dictionaries as it is so widely used) and great support from all the other ladies and men who share this wonderful craft with you.

Good luck and can't wait to see your first projects

Rosy

It is nice when folks take time to comment. I try at least leave smily face. People are just so busy they can only drop in for a few moments here and there. So, if you notice the amount of people who took time to look, you'll be more encouraged and inspired to keep posting and sharing your work. HTH
BigGrin
Shelly Offline
#34 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2010 4:19:25 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 282 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Hi, I also got an Expression for Christmas from my husband. My wonderful daughter got me a gypsy as well. So I am trying to figure both out. My daughter got the original baby bug when it first came out and tried to get me into scrapbooking with her and I stayed away from it. I did not need another hobby! Then she got the Expression and gave me the baby for Christmas. I used it a time or two, but left it alone. Still didn't want another hobby or something to spend money on. Then this fall, I rearranged things in my craft room, and got my baby bug out and unfortunately I got HOOKED! I have been obsessed with it since, which is why I got the new toys. I really want an Imagine, but that will have to wait. I am afraid of how much money I might spend. Now I want all the cartridges and every piece of paper I see. I may have created a monster!Scared
Narelle Offline
#35 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2010 6:18:22 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7601 time(s) in 3545 post(s)
Welcome Shelly!
 1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
Shelly on 12/30/2010(UTC)