Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

LinAnn Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 27, 2010 10:41:27 PM(UTC)
LinAnn

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 440 time(s) in 300 post(s)
Finally had time to create a couple of stamps. I'm so impressed with the results, and it takes no time at all. I've included a couple of pictures with the stamp and stamped image, for you to see what it can do. I just use a gluestick to get the stamp to adhere to the block, not a big deal. It comes right off once finished. The butterfly antenna is so thin, yet stamps perfect.

It's a keeper. Thought those who have read the negative posts about this product, would like to see it for yourself. Let me know what you think. The stamps are approximately 2" x 1". I blew then up larger so you could see the detail close up.
LinAnn attached the following image(s):
Stamp_Butterfly_Sm.jpg
Stamp_Scissors_Sm.jpg
 1 user thanked LinAnn for this useful post.
Lady Bug Fever on 11/28/2010(UTC)
mary petersimes Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 28, 2010 12:09:41 AM(UTC)
mary petersimes

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
they look good i havent made any stamps with my cricut yet
Lady Bug Fever Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 28, 2010 12:20:44 PM(UTC)
Lady Bug Fever

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 122 post(s)
Thanks for the post.Wub

I'm going to a Teresa Collins workshop for the stampmaker at my LSS on Friday night that Teresa is hosting and I was already planning on getting the stampmaker because we get a discount on it that night.
diann2000 Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 28, 2010 3:52:55 PM(UTC)
diann2000

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 988 time(s) in 874 post(s)
Thanks for sharing. I haven't gotten mine out yet! Blushing
K.McIntyre Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 28, 2010 3:57:14 PM(UTC)
K.McIntyre

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 56 post(s)
Can you purchase transparencies at the office store to use ? and any image you can print, will work ? I like the idea of making personalized stamps for gifts.

Kristin
LinAnn Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, November 29, 2010 12:36:40 AM(UTC)
LinAnn

K.McIntyre wrote:
Can you purchase transparencies at the office store to use ? and any image you can print, will work ? I like the idea of making personalized stamps for gifts.

Kristin

The kit only comes with two transparencies, so I bought a pack at the office supply store. They work great. Yes, anything you can print can be used. I just did another with a little nurse, using a svg file I converted to lines, and a negative image (it can be a jpeg or any file type that you can turn into a negative). I still can't get over the amazing detail, even for very fine lines.

** Important: I have a laser and an inkjet printer. My laser will not produce a dark enough black, so the first stamp came out solid. My inkjet prints the black just right, so keep that in mind. The black has to be real black (the part that does not print). Anyway, that did the trick.

I also found they do not stick well to the block, so I used just regular glue stick. It washes off easily after use. Then, I got a brilliant idea, rare for me. I have stamp backing I use to turn my rubber stamps into cling stamps. It works great! It comes in sheets, and is cut to the shape of the stamp. I bought a ten pack of sheets, they go a real long way, on ebay. They make the stamp extra durable.

In short, the adhesive backing in the kit doesn't work, and the stamp needs help to adhere to the block. You can use glue stick, then just wipe right off; or, use my stamp cling backing tip above for a permanent solution.

Thought I'd edit to load up another example for you. My scanner made it a little blurry (the actual image is crystal clear), but you can see the actual stamp clearly. The stamp has the backing on it I talked about earlier.

Edited by user Monday, November 29, 2010 1:23:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LinAnn attached the following image(s):
Stamp_Butterfly_Sm.jpg
Stamp_Scissors_Sm.jpg
NurseStamp.jpg
YvonneDuran Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, November 29, 2010 1:30:24 AM(UTC)
YvonneDuran

Was thanked: 150 time(s) in 125 post(s)
Beautiful. They look great!!!!
K.McIntyre Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, November 29, 2010 10:24:34 AM(UTC)
K.McIntyre

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 56 post(s)
When using the transparencies from the office store, do you print on the rough side ? Sorry so many questions. So anything I can print, I can make stamps of ? What about address stamps ? How large would the text need to be ?

Thanks,
Kristin
LinAnn Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, November 29, 2010 7:19:42 PM(UTC)
LinAnn

K.McIntyre wrote:
When using the transparencies from the office store, do you print on the rough side ? Sorry so many questions. So anything I can print, I can make stamps of ? What about address stamps ? How large would the text need to be ?

Thanks,
Kristin

You have to buy transparencies specifically for a laser or jet printer. 3M makes some that can be used in either machine. Laser transparencies are smooth, so it doesn't matter how you feed it into the printer. Ink jet printers require you to feed it so it prints on the rough side. Ink jet printers lay the ink wet, so the ink comes out wet. The rough side helps to dry it faster, and to prevent smearing. A laser printer uses heat to lay down the ink, so the transparency comes out dry and warm. Laser transparencies must be able to withstand the heat, without curling or melting.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 30, 2010 7:14:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified