Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

GrammySue Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 18, 2010 2:03:18 PM(UTC)
GrammySue

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 128 time(s) in 100 post(s)
I have a problem with the cuts being higher where the blade starts and lower where it ends. Therefore leaving a small amount of the image attached. Then Ihave to tear or cut it to separate it. It is not a large diffference just enough to make the image look jagged in one spot. If there is anyone other than me could you please post it here. I have tried everything from using new blade holder to changing blade, depth, speed, and pressure and several papers.
Bearylish Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 18, 2010 4:37:01 PM(UTC)
Bearylish

Was thanked: 118 time(s) in 54 post(s)
I think it just depends on the cut and size. Is it like this on all cuts or just certain ones? I have noticed that smaller cuts will do this but larger ones won't.
Britt Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 18, 2010 5:32:33 PM(UTC)
Britt

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Yea, that happens sometimes. I think it might be because your mat is not sticky enough so the paper begins to move once the machine starts to cut. So, maybe try a new mat.
GrammySue Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 18, 2010 6:50:44 PM(UTC)
GrammySue

Was thanked: 128 time(s) in 100 post(s)
BrittanyS wrote:
Yea, that happens sometimes. I think it might be because your mat is not sticky enough so the paper begins to move once the machine starts to cut. So, maybe try a new mat.

The image is almost 3 inches. One of them is a tag. It just does not meet at the beginning. It is higher where it starts then lower where it ends leaving paper not cut. The paper on the mat does not move. I have three mats that I use. It worked fine before the update. But not anymore. I have cut all kinds of things using differnt cartridges.. It happens on all sizes and most carts that I have tried..

Edited by user Thursday, November 18, 2010 6:56:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Bearylish Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 18, 2010 8:22:15 PM(UTC)
Bearylish

Was thanked: 118 time(s) in 54 post(s)
GrammySue wrote:
The image is almost 3 inches. One of them is a tag. It just does not meet at the beginning. It is higher where it starts then lower where it ends leaving paper not cut. The paper on the mat does not move. I have three mats that I use. It worked fine before the update. But not anymore. I have cut all kinds of things using differnt cartridges.. It happens on all sizes and most carts that I have tried..

If it wasn't a problem before you will need to call provo craft. You may just need to reset the machine. I know there are directions somewhere on how to do it. If not Pc will help you.
HisGem Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 18, 2010 8:46:22 PM(UTC)
HisGem

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 332 post(s)
I am having issues too. I tried cutting some chipboard the other day and the second cut (multi-cut) did not meet with the first. Then my Expression made a sound like it was off the track. Then I tried another Expression to make sure and sure enough, it did the same thing....I have no idea what to do and I NEED that cut for my mini album.....I am thinking it could be my deep housing blade????
~LN Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 18, 2010 8:49:12 PM(UTC)
~LN

United States

Was thanked: 859 time(s) in 722 post(s)
I agree if after checking your mat and making sure all is good with your blade.. I would try the resetting option sorry don't have the intructions handy but I am sure you can find them on board
SheilaToppi Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, November 22, 2010 12:59:10 AM(UTC)
SheilaToppi

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 16 post(s)
I just posted on the Wrap it Up cart forum and this was part of my problem. It is SO FRUSTRATING! I'm using a brand new mat, my blade is fine and doesn't have any paper bits stuck on it or anything. I'm wondering if it is this cart. So far I'm NOT happy with the results.
scrapalette Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, November 22, 2010 7:20:58 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18430 time(s) in 8191 post(s)
The reset procedure is posted on the old MB 9cricut.com) at the top of the Cricut Products Help forum.