Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

oicu812 Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, November 12, 2010 9:30:22 PM(UTC)
oicu812

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I am looking to get a "roller" machine, is that what you call them? Like a big shot, or big kick, cuttlebug, or spellbinder. I will be using it primarily with embossing folders. I do have the original sizzix one that was used with the cutting dies that you just press down on the handle, which gets the job done, but I thought one that rolls the folder through would be better to use. What opinion does everyone have, or is it just best to save the money and keep what I have.
scrapnfan Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 14, 2010 4:12:12 PM(UTC)
scrapnfan

Was thanked: 251 time(s) in 215 post(s)
I used to have a Cuttlebug and got rid of it when I got my first Cricut. I got the little Sizzix purse embosser recently and it works great except not big enough for the A2 folders. I wish I still had my Cuttlebug. It was Great at embossing !!!
Kat Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 14, 2010 9:00:10 PM(UTC)
Kat

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 450 time(s) in 281 post(s)
Big shot is my machine of choice.
Craftin My HeART Out! Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 14, 2010 9:05:23 PM(UTC)
Craftin My HeART Out!

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 88 post(s)
I also would love to know. I posted on two other threads about the
Spellbinder Grand Calibur Embossing Machine, Wondering if anyone has this and would love to know your thoughts about it.

Here is a link to it.

http://www.ohmycrafts.co...inders-grandcalibur.aspx

Thanks for any info.

Diane
lvscrapper Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 14, 2010 9:45:38 PM(UTC)
lvscrapper

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I just ordered the big shot express by sizzix. It is electric so no hand crank just push the button and it runs it through. I saw it at a convention recently and have been waiting for it to go on sale. Now through black friday I believe it is on sale for 99.99 (plus enter THANKS10 AND GET ANOTHER 10% OFF) plus free shipping and no sales tax unless you are in Utah. oh it's on sale at ohmycrafts.com Also Joann just put it on sale for 101.99 but I don't know about shipping or tax.
ScrapNGiGi Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, November 15, 2010 7:45:54 AM(UTC)
ScrapNGiGi

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 774 time(s) in 395 post(s)
Big shot is my choice, it will take the larger dies the XL ones and it embosses wonderfully, the cuttlebug is good too but a few of the larger dies will not go through, and the spellbinder one my opinion is it puts alot of stress on your wrist or at least it does mine.
garagesaler Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, November 15, 2010 7:48:42 AM(UTC)
garagesaler

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 2438 time(s) in 1958 post(s)
I have the Sizzix Big Kick. It is the same as the Big Shot. It embosses all of my Cuttlebug folders, including the larger ones, about 5 by 7 size. It does the Sizzix Texture plates too, and they are great to use on cards and projects too.
The Big Kick/ Big Shot will also let you cut anything from other companies, if you have any dies. I have dies from the old Sizzix, Cuttlebug, Spellbinders, and the wafer thin dies. I also use it for the 12 inch border dies which need the extra extended spacer platform which is about $10.00 at Michaels. The electric Big Shot looks nice but I lkike the cranking. If I have something in incorrectly, I can tell when I start to crank it. If I am hitting the button, I think I might be forcing it in thr wrong way.
I love my Big Kick. One of the scrapbooking stores has Sizzix items on sale this week- 40% off. Either Michaels, Joanns, or Hobby Lobby. Sorry I don't have the sale ad here right now.
Good luck with whatever you decide.BigGrin
CanadaJanice Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, November 15, 2010 7:52:15 AM(UTC)
CanadaJanice

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 66 post(s)
garagesaler wrote:
I have the Sizzix Big Kick. It is the same as the Big Shot. It embosses all of my Cuttlebug folders, including the larger ones, about 5 by 7 size. It does the Sizzix Texture plates too, and they are great to use on cards and projects too.
The Big Kick/ Big Shot will also let you cut anything from other companies, if you have any dies. I have dies from the old Sizzix, Cuttlebug, Spellbinders, and the wafer thin dies. I also use it for the 12 inch border dies which need the extra extended spacer platform which is about $10.00 at Michaels. The electric Big Shot looks nice but I lkike the cranking. If I have something in incorrectly, I can tell when I start to crank it. If I am hitting the button, I think I might be forcing it in thr wrong way.
I love my Big Kick. One of the scrapbooking stores has Sizzix items on sale this week- 40% off. Either Michaels, Joanns, or Hobby Lobby. Sorry I don't have the sale ad here right now.
Good luck with whatever you decide.BigGrin

I wholeheartedly concur! I ADORE my Big ShotLove