Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Alicia Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2010 2:23:42 PM(UTC)
Alicia

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 93 post(s)
Has anyone bought from either of these retailers? It seems like a really good price but if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.. just wondering if anyone has personal experience. Ohmycrafts.com seems to have good reviews online but I haven't found anything from cricutmachine.com

Thanks!
Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2010 2:30:46 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7567 time(s) in 3531 post(s)
Many of us have bought from both and mostly with no problems.

Two things to keep in mind... Ohmycrafts can be slow to ship (not always), and there have been reported problems with c/card fraud after using cricutmachine.com (not by cricutmachine.com themselves), so if you're going to buy from them make sure you use Paypal.

They both do indeed have great prices! Smile Have fun!!!
Sassafras Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2010 2:32:56 PM(UTC)
Sassafras

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Alicia,

I have purchased from both websites. By a happy accident I chose to use paypal to pay -- and from things I have read here that seems like the best thing to do to protect your credit card. There are possibilities that crafters credit cards have been compromised when used directly. But absolutely no problems with paypal as far as I have experienced.

Oh My Crafts can have kind of slow processing. Example: I ordered two carts to make Christmas cards (which I was planning on doing today since I have the day off) on October 28th. I haven't received them yet, and sent an email about it to customer care. They did say that the package shipped last Friday, November 5th, so maybe I will get it tomorrow. Their customer care is very prompt though. No complaints there. The $50 minumum for free shipping is nice too.

I suppose the processing/shipping was similar with with Cricut Machine too... I get used to the big box stores fulfilling orders so quickly! Anyways...

I do recommend both sites... the prices are great!!! Watch for sales too. There is an absolutely awesome one today at CM!!!

HTH! BigGrin
Alicia Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2010 3:44:07 PM(UTC)
Alicia

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 93 post(s)
Thank you!! I just placed an order with both companies via pay pal. I really appreciate that tip and the added security of using pay pal.

From Cricutmachine.com I ordered

*Champagne cricuit expression
*Home Accents Cart
*Story Book Cart
*Doodle Charms Cart
*Spatula Kit

From Oh My Crafts I ordered
*Stretch Your Imagination Cart
*Deep Cut Blade and Housing
*Black and White Vinyl
*Transfer Tape

They have a coupon code Thanks10 and free shipping on orders over $50 (which is before the discout)

Grand Total $262!

Thanks Again for your help. :)
Raskle Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2010 3:54:22 PM(UTC)
Raskle

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 54 post(s)
Alicia wrote:
Thank you!! I just placed an order with both companies via pay pal. I really appreciate that tip and the added security of using pay pal.

From Cricutmachine.com I ordered

*Champagne cricuit expression
*Home Accents Cart
*Story Book Cart
*Doodle Charms Cart
*Spatula Kit

From Oh My Crafts I ordered
*Stretch Your Imagination Cart
*Deep Cut Blade and Housing
*Black and White Vinyl
*Transfer Tape

They have a coupon code Thanks10 and free shipping on orders over $50 (which is before the discout)

Grand Total $262!

Thanks Again for your help. :)

Nice score!!! I ordered an E (to keep my baby buy company) from CM and I have been happy with it! When I got the machine the mat was not as tacky as the others I have gotten in the past, so I emailed the customer service. They apologized and sent me a 2 pack of mats for free that I received within a week! I have also ordered from OMC and gotten great deals! They are my 2 go-to places for my carts I buy online...such great deals! I recently picked up both Mickey carts from CM for my son's 1st birthday party invites and decorations.

Enjoy your E! Its so much fun!
sweetpea1030 Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 21, 2010 9:13:53 PM(UTC)
sweetpea1030

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 1604 time(s) in 1019 post(s)
Walmart online is a good source. HSN is a good source, but still expensive. If you haven't tried ebay, try it. Do set up a paypal account to pay with or use a credit with a small limit only for online shopping. I particularly like ProudParents2005 on Ebay. I think because of the advance black friday sales, everybody is shipping a little slow.

I love oh my crafts, but their shipping is high when you order small things. I try to wait until they either offer free shipping on all orders or wait until I have at least $50 to spend. HTH
 1 user thanked sweetpea1030 for this useful post.
enolamom on 11/21/2010(UTC)
Tickled Pink Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, November 22, 2010 6:41:25 AM(UTC)
Tickled Pink

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 105 post(s)
BigGrin Hi, I have ordered from both and have had good results. My only complaint with OMC is sometimes they take forever to get your order out. I can understand about Pre Order items, but some of my orders did not include these. CM has always sent my orders in a timely manner.