Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

~~Scrappingirl~~ Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 07, 2010 9:45:14 AM(UTC)
~~Scrappingirl~~

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
OK, I am needing some help!

I have a ton of things cut out and I need a way to organize them. For instance, I cut something out of the cricut, oops, wrong size, need to re-cut, or decide on another thing to use or the layering keeping the extra pieces.

How do you organize your die cuts? I do not like to through anything away...you just never know when you may need something, whether big or small, I like to keep everything. When working on cards and you just need that little piece of something, or a layout. When I crop with friends and someone needs something, it is just easier when things are organized, but I have almost 0 ideas...please help!

THANKS! :)
Friend958 Online
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 07, 2010 9:53:50 AM(UTC)
Friend958

Was thanked: 162 time(s) in 131 post(s)
I have one of the four square jetmax cubes that I keep mine in. I cut down fill folders and labeled (some by cart, some by items), ie Disney, kids, nature, create a critter. I had started keeping extra parts of cuts but no longer do that only whole cuts. Some I have in envelopes labeled with cart, cut and size. So appartently I don't have a real system but several differt one mixed together.
Lissa Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 07, 2010 10:26:51 AM(UTC)
Lissa

Was thanked: 220 time(s) in 115 post(s)
When I found out last year that I was going to get a cricut on BF for christmas I couldn't wait and went to our local craft warehouse, they have a manual die cut system that you can cut on all day for free as long as you buy all the papers. I cut for two days! I was just crazy! Well that was so stupid cause they went into an accordian folder by catergory then I rarely even peep into it to see what is in there. It has been over a year I think I have used 2 things all year and I started Halloween. Anyway, that is what I did, ziplocked them and put them way like that. As far as little peices I have a bowl on my craft table for small things, when it gets full I just bag them up.. (Lots of flowers after discovering how easy paper punches were instead of messing with the mats and the cricut) Now when I want to entertain my 3 year old she can use those little peices of letters to make stickers and paste them on an "make a scene" paper or whatever. I thought someday I am going to have a really cool alphabet scrap page after collecting so long. Letters of every color shape and size, vinyl and all. Fun.

I like the accordian folder thing, I just am to disorganized and to lazy to look through it. That and I have rarely scrapbooked since I got the cricut, the whole reason I got the darn thing. I went paper craft nutso, now my family is about to admit me! Well that is a bit off the subject but I just had to confess.Wink
Doxieluv01 Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 07, 2010 10:31:38 AM(UTC)
Doxieluv01

Was thanked: 2261 time(s) in 1788 post(s)
i've seen people put them in clear protective sheets or the baseball sleeves (depending on size) and then putting them by theme or color or what works for your organizing style and keeping them in a 3 ring binder.

i find using DS or my gypsy i've cut down on my "ooppps" cuts. I still have a few here and there but with being able to lay evertyhing out and design that way I save more paper
Papergirl Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, November 08, 2010 2:45:31 PM(UTC)
Papergirl

I use long envelopes to label and hold my extra cuts. I keep these in a plastic shoe box from the $1.00 store. They are files by groups-ie: party, trees, flowers, butterflies/birds. For now this works for me.
EnableMe Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, November 08, 2010 3:06:46 PM(UTC)
EnableMe

Was thanked: 373 time(s) in 353 post(s)
It's funny you should ask--I just threw mine away this afternoon! I never looked through them and they were taking up valuable real estate in my craft room. I finally decided it would be quicker to cut what I need when I need it rather than having to wade through my mess. (Trust me, it wasn't an easy decision 'cause I hate throwing things away, too.) I did save a few Christmas shapes that I thought I might use soon, and they're in a hanging file folder made to hold embellishments.
Lguild Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, November 08, 2010 3:18:21 PM(UTC)
Lguild

Was thanked: 1717 time(s) in 690 post(s)
I have a little box on my worktable that's about 5" square and 3" deep. I toss them in there. When it gets full, they go into the trash. I figure if I haven't used or needed them by then, I never will.

The only ones that go into the box are extras that I cut. If it's the wrong size or I didn't do the shadow, etc. out they go!
Scootingranny Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, November 08, 2010 4:51:02 PM(UTC)
Scootingranny

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 3418 time(s) in 1869 post(s)
I have mine in a box, all jumbled up. I was planning on going thru them and sending some to my sister so that her grankids can play with them and make cards, etc. I need a way to sort them so appreciate the ideas here.
JanieW Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, November 08, 2010 5:48:53 PM(UTC)
JanieW

Was thanked: 763 time(s) in 371 post(s)
I have asked for a Clip It Up, simply renee base for Christmas just for things I have already cut. I have them in baggies in a box now, but have to look at each baggie until I find the one I want. With the Clip It Up I can put the names on top and just turn it to what I want. I make lots of cards and many of the same card to sell, so making the cuts ahead really saves me time. I also cut the Happy Birthday, Merry Christmas, etc. out way ahead in colors I know I will use.

Janie
DeannaPhipps Offline
#10 Posted : Tuesday, November 09, 2010 7:14:36 AM(UTC)
DeannaPhipps

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 42 post(s)
what i need to do is use what i have cut so far. i mean really make myself sit down and create things so that i will use these cuts. they have a way of multipling.
tbeard Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, November 09, 2010 8:01:30 AM(UTC)
tbeard

I toss mine in a drawer of a 9x13 plastic thing. I let my day care kids go through it and make cards with the leftovers
mama nay Offline
#12 Posted : Tuesday, November 09, 2010 9:36:48 AM(UTC)
mama nay

Was thanked: 398 time(s) in 235 post(s)
Drop them off at am elementary school for the pre-schoolers and Kindergarteners to use. Seriously, you will never want to wade through the stack to find the perfect thing. Either that or when you are done turn them into a card.
Cdmom2004 Offline
#13 Posted : Tuesday, November 09, 2010 11:35:22 AM(UTC)
Cdmom2004

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Luckily I have two dds ages 11 & 12, so they get all my oops. They also scavange through my trash for scraps of pretty paper. Maybe you could collect them and donate them to a teacher who could use them for class.