Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Scrapbook44 Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 06, 2010 9:40:45 AM(UTC)
Scrapbook44

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I have gypsy envy. I really want one, but already have design studio, do I need both? I don't go to crops very often, so that's not a big issue. What do you think?
CropingQueen Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 06, 2010 9:55:50 AM(UTC)
CropingQueen

Was thanked: 273 time(s) in 156 post(s)
if you dont really need one then NO, but there are features on the G that arent yet on the DS, as far as I know, I have both and love both. DS for the ease of designing, the G for portability. I havent use my G alot to cut but have spent alot of time trying to figure out how to use it, I find it more complicated. I'm just not use to it yet and havent had alot of time to figure it out. But I do all my designing in DS then transfer to the G. My eyes arent getting any younger, and the small screen is hard on me.
I bought the G because I was going to my sisters to scrap and she is 40 to 50 mins away. It is much better if she comes here because I have so much in the way of tools and stuff, where as she is big on bling. The last time I went to her house to scrap I forgot my E, the time before that I forgot 3 carts, and we needed them. I decided to give her my old E and get a gypsy to upload all the carts, no more problems. Unfortunately, after spending all this money to make our scrapping/card making easier, she has lost interest in creating anything. Just wants me to make doubles of everything i make and give one to her. LOL. She gave me back the E to donate to the school I work at, which was great for the students. But I totally miss our time together being creative.

Good luck on your decision and happy scrapping!

Edited by user Saturday, November 06, 2010 9:56:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Doxieluv01 Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 06, 2010 10:32:59 AM(UTC)
Doxieluv01

Was thanked: 2261 time(s) in 1788 post(s)
Do you need one probably not. But I too had DS and then decided to get a gypsy and soooo happy I did. I don't crop out of the hosue at all but being able to group and resize images grouped together and being able to copy images with hide contours. I do take my gypsy in my purse and to work and design then cut when I get home.

I don't find the screen size a problem especially with the zoom capabilities on it.