Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tuplohune Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 4:35:52 AM(UTC)
Tuplohune

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Okay what am I doing wrong...with the old message boards I clicked on the stay logged in or remember me or whatever button and always stayed logged in on MB's. Even when I go off the website and come back days later BigGrin Then when I could steal a few minutes here and there on MB's I was ready to go. I could have multiple tabs open etc.

Angry Now even when I am logged on if I try to open a topic in a new tab (right click then open in a new tab) I have to relog in for EACH TAB!! Or if I am gone for a little while (say 30 min or so) I automatically log out even though I have clicked on the save my password. Cursing

I dont' think it's anything to do with my computer settings b/c all the other websites i have saved password for keep it w/o problem. And this is only since New MB's, it is so frustrating!!!!!Mad ThumbDown

Any advice? What I am doing wrong or is this some new feature on the new MB's? I mean I expect this and welcome that auto-unlog on like my bank website but Cricut? Really?Unsure

TIA!!!
Sarah
Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 5:13:00 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7601 time(s) in 3545 post(s)
This message board doesn't allow us to stay logged in. If our session becomes inactive for about 10 - 15 minutes you will be logged out.

You can save your login details so that all you have to do is press the Forum Login button at the home screen.

You may need to change your security settings so that your browser remembers your details though.

So long as the browser remembers your details, you should then be able to open threads in a new tab without logging in again.

Here's the info for Internet Explorer & Firefox (you'll only need to do this once):

Firefox:

Take a look at Tools, Options, Security and see if "Remember Passwords for sites" is checked. Turn it on if it's not.

If it is checked click on the Exceptions button and see if cricut.com or provocraft.com is in there. If it is, click on the address and select Remove, then Close, then OK.

Logoff then try logging in again and see if it auto completes your email address & password now.

Internet Explorer:

Select Tools, Internet Options, Content.
Click the Settings button next to Auto Complete
Make sure everything is checked. (Mine already was).
Click the "Delete AutoComplete history" button
I checked all the boxes. (Warning, this will remove your login details for all websites you have visited. Make sure you have your login details for all your favourite sites written down).
Press the Delete box.

After it has finished (it could take a while depending on how many temporary files etc you have) logout of the message board and login again. (You may get a box saying "Are you sure you want to logout?" (Not sure if that's going to happen everytime, but as I rarely logout of the m/b it won't matter.)

Login again. This time my email address was autofilled and when I pressed the TAB key my password was inserted. All I had to do was press the Forum Login button.
 1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
MsWriter on 11/5/2010(UTC)
♥Carol♥ Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 5:21:44 AM(UTC)
♥Carol♥

Was thanked: 2764 time(s) in 2201 post(s)
On the new MB there is a button called "remember me" that appears just below the USER NAME and PASSWORD boxes. By checking this box, the MB will remember who you are, but you will still be required to type your password back in again if you have been idle for very long or have logged off. This is a security measure for your protection ... and also helps to prevent the server from being bogged down with non-active users.

To remain active on the MB, you must post. I am unsure exactly how long you will remain active without posting, but I believe if you have not posted within an hour (it may be less or even more, I'm unsure), then you will automatically be logged out.

To know if you are logged in or not, check the word next to "My Profile" in the far right upper corner of this screen ... if it says "Logout", then you are currently logged in. If it says "Login", then you are currently logged out and must sign back in again.

Like you, this was a hard adjustment for me after always being logged in on the Old MB. I'm afraid I became spoiled by this feature on the old MB and still miss it, even now. However, I am getting use to this new way.
Tuplohune Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 6:31:43 PM(UTC)
Tuplohune

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Narelle & Carol,
Thank you so much for the info on everything...I guess I am not good w/changeBigGrin ....I will be grateful for the security measures taken on this MBWink and continue to put my password in....Maybe if they could increase the idle time some it would be better.
It is taking some used to this new MB but I am getting thereLOL
Sarah