Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Maggie May Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, November 01, 2010 8:10:42 PM(UTC)
Maggie May

Groups: Registered

Hi

I have joined today from uk as want to start using my cricut more and use my gypsy for the first time.

i have been upstairs into my craft room and have come out frustrated because I have the original cricut and thought would go back to basics and cut one of the projects from the stretch your imagination cart.

I loaded a piece of card on bottom of 6 x 6 mat and set the paper size and it recognised it as .it said 6 x 7 then presssed the snowman and selected card feature. it then said that there was not enough room even though it said to set at 4" in the book. i know there was enough room, i had to keep reducing it to around 3 inches before it cut. its far too small.

this is why i dont use it much. Can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong, please.

thanks

Margaret
scrapsprite Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, November 01, 2010 9:10:27 PM(UTC)
scrapsprite

Was thanked: 103 time(s) in 93 post(s)
You probably aren't doing anything wrong. If you have a Gypsy, try using it to lay out your card. The gypsy will let you see the size and adjust it. Without the gypsy or design studio, you are at the mercy of the cartridge designers - by default, the size you choose is the height and your width is calculated by the machine. When using the gypsy, you can often cut shapes bigger than what the Cricut thinks you can.
Maggie May Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, November 01, 2010 9:59:03 PM(UTC)
Maggie May

thanks i will try that next.

Margaret
Narelle Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 10:53:27 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7601 time(s) in 3545 post(s)
Were you cutting from the Gypsy? Because if your were, you shouldn't set the page size on the cricut.

Just place the paper on the mat in the same position you have the object on the screen then press cut.

When using the Gypsy or Design Studio you should only use the load paper & unload paper buttons, the Mat size button if you're using a 12x24 mat and the pressure dial. All other functions are taken over by the gypsy/DS.