Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Jewelsx19 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, November 01, 2010 7:18:11 AM(UTC)
Jewelsx19

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 89 time(s) in 76 post(s)
I need HELP!!! I have all my paper just stacked on horizontal selves, stacks and stack of paper, not organized at all. I spend more time tryign to find the right paper then I do actaully scrapping. And while looking through my paper, I realize I have bought the same sheet many many times! LOL

Also my die cuts, I have made alot...plus swaps, I have a smaller three drawer plastic unit FULL of die cuts, in no order at all! Its a mess.

I need cheap ideas to organize, I would like to get Vertical storage for my paper, but I don't think i can afford Cropper Hopper organizors right now. And for my die cuts....I am at a total loss of what to do with them!
LighthousesNsunrises Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, November 01, 2010 8:14:08 AM(UTC)
LighthousesNsunrises

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 14 post(s)
I went to my local super market and asked for a box. I then wrapped the box in contact paper. I use the backs of the pads that I buy as dividers. I then used a diecut taped on the top of the divider to show was is in that section. I did the samething for my diecuts.
CLC Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, November 01, 2010 8:23:49 AM(UTC)
CLC

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 13 post(s)

As the number of cuts I have grows, I'm moving to using CD Jewel Cases (the thin, clear, plastic containers that CDs come in), labeling them and storing them in a cheap CD storage tower (Wal Mart or Bed Bath and Beyond, among many others, I'm sure).

Christy
Camille Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, November 01, 2010 8:39:19 AM(UTC)
Camille

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 79 post(s)
I no longer buy paper pads, but when I did, I would separate them and divide into sections in plastic milk crates. Everything is divided into styles/designs and colors. It makes ot so much easier for me. For die cuts I use 5x7 manilla envelopes and write on the outside what is in them. they are also divided into a system that I can look for things easily. All Christmas cuts in one, all word cuts in one, etc. HTH
CarrieK Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, November 01, 2010 8:51:46 AM(UTC)
CarrieK

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Medium flat reat priority mail boxes work great for 12x12 paper. And they are free! You can decorate them or leave as is. Just cut the sides .I use manilla envelopes for each category for my cuts.
Carolyn'sCraftyCreations Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, November 01, 2010 4:27:45 PM(UTC)
Carolyn'sCraftyCreations

Was thanked: 129 time(s) in 55 post(s)
For my die cuts, I use a small accordian folder that is used for coupons. I bought it at targets in the $ section. It is clear and made of heavy plastic. I put the really small cuts in snack size baggies and then put in the coupon holder.

As for my 12x12 paper, I found plastic pouches at Michaels. They are made by Reflections and I got them 10 in a package. They expand too! When I buy a kit, I put it in a pouch to keep all the contents together. I also have a pouch for christmas, halloween, school, birthday, etc. I keep all the paper and stickers/embellishements together. I also use 8 1/2 X 11 sheet protectors to put my stickers in and then put in the pouch. So when I want to scrap christmas, I am not hunting paper then stickers etc, it is all together in one pouch. It has worked really well for me. The pouches are $1.99 for one or $12.99 for a 10 pack. They were 50% off when I bought them so they were a great deal.

I hope this helps!
CarolynG.

Ok the first picture is the pouch. The second is the side of the pouch (you can really get alot of paper in each pouch. The third is the coupon (die cut) holder. The fourth is the inside of the coupon holder.

Edited by user Monday, November 01, 2010 4:32:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Carolyn'sCraftyCreations attached the following image(s):
DSC02838.JPG
DSC02842.JPG
DSC02839.JPG
DSC02840.JPG
justme Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 5:36:09 PM(UTC)
justme

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 92 post(s)
I have plastic containers that I got at walmart and target there great for 12x12 paper and I right what colors are it the drawers, that way its easier to find my paper. For the die cuts i got cheap note books and use sometimes baseball card holders cand get most stores and photo holders, and that way I can flip through them and I mark my books, like animals, flowers. etc.. its the best way i foound. Also could just use the photo albums that have pages in them.
Caitlynsmommy Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 5:40:18 PM(UTC)
Caitlynsmommy

Was thanked: 339 time(s) in 253 post(s)
I have two systems for my paper.

I bought a vertical wire rack so I could lay down most of my paper (horizontally) and have it sorted by color family and then cardstock or patterned paper. Also Target here in the U.S. has been carrying (they are clearance them right now) these file boxes that are vertical but can fit 2.5 of the HUGE DCWV 180 piece stacks in there. I have three of those for page kits etc. Let me know if you want me to pick up some of those for you!