Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Bstetson Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 6:51:56 PM(UTC)
Bstetson

Groups: Registered

Ok. So I got 100% cotton, New blade, clean mat. steam a seam. everything everyone has told me. BUT here is the problem it will not cut through the fabric. I am trying to make a halloween shirt. i use my cricut ALL the time but have never ventured to fabric. I have been trying all day and am about to pull my hair out. I see a lot of people have success with this but i am not. It could be operator error but if so please give me hints. I will stand on my head and watch it cut (ok not really but you know what i mean) I am SO CONFUSED! I just need help big time. I have my pressure to max, speed to min. and blade at 6........ I really do not know what do to. DO i need a deep cut blade? everywhere i read said no. Huh
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 7:10:48 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7594 time(s) in 4447 post(s)
Britney,
The first time I ever cut fabric, I was very skeptical. My niece needed a banner made. I used Heat and Bond (I bought at Walmart). The fabric was cotton. The cuts came out near-perfect with a few little hangups where the material was not adhered good to the Heat and Bond.

Be sure you let the Heat and Bond cool a little before setting the fabric down on the mat. I set it down with the Heat and Bond facing the mat.

I did not use deep cut blade; used the same settings you used. I did not have to do multi-cut.

You do need to be sure your material adhered good (in all areas) to the Heat and Bond. You also have to make sure the treated fabric adheres good to the mat. Are you using an old mat? Perhaps using a new, stickier one might work better, if you are using an old one.

Good luck; let us know if you are successful or if you need more expertise from someone else.

Char

1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
ChatterScene on 11/4/2010(UTC)
Bstetson Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 7:05:34 AM(UTC)
Bstetson

Thank you I am going to attempt this shown today. I will let you know post picture of what is going on with the fabric
CarolS Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 30, 2010 10:59:18 PM(UTC)
CarolS

United States

Was thanked: 102 time(s) in 50 post(s)
Did you wash the fabric before putting it on the mat? If not you need to get the sizing of it.

I successfully cut 100% cotton with my Expression and Imagine by using Heat N Bond Lite ironed on the back of the fabric.

I also make sure it sticks on there properly using a speedball roller.

I set blade depth at 6, pressure at 6 and speed to med and it cuts wonderfully.
Bstetson Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 31, 2010 1:31:19 PM(UTC)
Bstetson

For whatever reason mine will not cut with the regular blade. I did wash it prior. I read that 100 places. I was desperate. I was so desperate I called the support at Cricut. They sent me there recommendations for cutting fabric. It did not work the first time because I wore my mat flat out. But after making my mat sticky agian taping down the egdes and hitting cut. IT WORKED. I am so HAPPY I almost cried with joy. My cricut and I now are back to speaking HAHA
Trish Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 1:16:39 AM(UTC)
Trish

Wow that was something