Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

DaleKent Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2010 7:48:01 AM(UTC)
DaleKent

Groups: Registered

I am thinking about the buying the Design Studio. What do you guys think about it? Is it difficult to learn? Anything I need to be aware of before it buy?Huh
Altard.Homes Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2010 10:21:54 AM(UTC)
Altard.Homes

I recently looked into it as well and I am really fan of it. It gives you so many options to create within the cartridges.

For me I chose something different. I went with a software called Surecutsalot. It allows you to the same thing as the DS but more and best thing is that you don't need a cartridfe to cut those designs. You only need 1 cartridge and it doesn't matter which one.
SheenaA Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 10:11:27 AM(UTC)
SheenaA

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I ordered the design studio program today but I have never heard of the sure cuts a lot. I am working on making some cards for the holidays before I make our wedding invitations for next summer. What can sure cuts a lot do? I googled it but didn't find a helpful website. I may need to look a little more though.

Sheena
DogMom Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 1:20:21 PM(UTC)
DogMom

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 85 time(s) in 39 post(s)
the design studio is awesome. I bought the gypsy first and really regret it. Too small screen. I bought a laptop just for cricut and design studio. It was well worth it. cds is easy to learn
Raskle Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 7:42:11 PM(UTC)
Raskle

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 54 post(s)
I have both CDS (Cricut Design Studio) and SCAL. I love having both!

SCAL is a program that lets you cut 1. Any true type font (i.e. Times New Roman, Comic Sans, plus about a bajillion other free downloadable fonts). It also lets you cut any SVG image (Scalable vector graphic). An SVG is a graphic/image that is computed instead of pixelated. (I hope I said that right....) This allows you to resize the image to any size without distortion or wonky edges. Something that is not an SVG will have the "square-ish" corners like what happens to a circle if you make it too big from a jpg or other type of image. It is also useful because with a little practice and another program (which is free) you can make your own SVG's. There are a couple I think that you can use, but I have Inkscape that I use to make SVG's. This way you can use whatever image you want to make a cut (but of course not copyrighted images Cool Flapper .) Hope this helps!

Oh and a good website is http://forums.surecutsalot.com/
CarolS Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 30, 2010 11:05:57 PM(UTC)
CarolS

United States

Was thanked: 102 time(s) in 50 post(s)
I have two copies of DS and love it. I do all my designing on it because of the size screen I can use on my laptops and if I want to convert it to Gypsy files or just cut from DS.

I do all my applique and quilting/sewing designs on DS which is mostly what I do now with these machines and it's awesome.

I'm hoping they will come out with a new DS for our Imagines so I can use it on that as well but if they don't I can convert those DS files like I said to a Gypsy file and use the Gypsy with the Imagine.