Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

sewwhat Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2010 4:19:57 AM(UTC)
sewwhat

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 18 post(s)
This weekend, while sitting home with bronchitis, I was lamenting the fact that I didn't feel well enough to scrap. So instead I sat down with my teen daughter and we looked through all our scrapbooks, in order. It's hard to believe that I've now been scrapbooking, chronologically, since 1993. It was not only fun to look through the old pictures, but we started looking at the methods I used while scrapping. First there were a lot of matting and chalks. Then some purchased die cuts, and stickers. Then my crazed Stampin-up phase, where I used nothing but their products. Then I got the cricut almost 3 years ago. At first I used it to cut a bunch of layered tags, circles and shapes, still using a lot of stamps and I started using it for titles and such. Finally, I got my gypsy girl almost a year ago. I think I scrapped almost 3 years worth of pictures in the last year! My albums look so different, with merged shapes and titles, altered pictures and designs. I feel that my creativity has been unleashed! I was scrapping last night for my only nephew, the only 'boy' in the family. It's always hard to make a layout that isn't baby boyish (he's 11), and not to girly. I used wall decor's guitar and skull, (only provo craft could make a skull look pretty...btw)and merged fonts to say 'make a wish'. I just love the versatility. It's also fun that you can't really tell that I only have around 10 carts. It looks like I have a whole bunch more.

Has anyone else done this?? I thought I loved my gypsy before, now I appreciate it even more!