Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

GailHamilton Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2010 1:38:24 PM(UTC)
GailHamilton

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 256 time(s) in 178 post(s)
I was just wondering if any of you have done a "pre-order" from the company called Oh My Crafts. I have purchased from them on Ebay and have been enormously pleased with their customer service, shipping, and prices. However, I haven't ordered directly from their website. I received an email today indicating that they are offering the Paper Lace cartridge for only $39.99. I usually don't pay that much for my cartridges, but I REALLY feel like I NEED that cartridge. What is your experience with doing a pre-order? Do you get the carts that much sooner than if you waited to have them come out in the stores?
Will the stores have sales on the new cartridges around Thanksgiving time or won't the new cartridges be included in the sales? Just wondering what your experience is with this.
Thanks in advance,
Gail
SumMama Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2010 1:43:49 PM(UTC)
SumMama

Was thanked: 108 time(s) in 53 post(s)
I have pre-ordered from ebay through them, they have good prices and Free shipping when on ebay. But let me put it this way I have not yet recieved Nifty Fiftys or Birthday Bash.
 1 user thanked SumMama for this useful post.
GailHamilton on 10/24/2010(UTC)
GailHamilton Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2010 1:45:18 PM(UTC)
GailHamilton

SumMama wrote:
I have pre-ordered from ebay through them, they have good prices and Free shipping when on ebay. But let me put it this way I have not yet recieved Nifty Fiftys or Birthday Bash.

Thank you sooooooooooooooooooo much for letting me know that! I really want to get this cartridge in my hands as soon as I can and I thought that by pre-ordering it I would get it quicker than waiting to find it in the stores or on Ebay. Thanks for the information. BigGrin
My Passion is Scrappin' Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2010 2:08:38 PM(UTC)
My Passion is Scrappin'

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 5 post(s)
SumMama wrote:

We will be receiving Those cartridges on October 28th from Provo Craft so you won't be seeing them till after that. I'm a dealer of Provo Crafts.
 1 user thanked My Passion is Scrappin' for this useful post.
MaryC Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2010 3:18:46 PM(UTC)
MaryC

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 84 post(s)
I just don't do preorders anymore. There will always be another sale to catch after the carts are officially released.
 1 user thanked MaryC for this useful post.
HisGem Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2010 3:23:27 PM(UTC)
HisGem

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 332 post(s)
They are slow with pre-orders...but they are a good company otherwise.
 1 user thanked HisGem for this useful post.
MamasScrappin Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2010 3:25:11 PM(UTC)
MamasScrappin

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 693 time(s) in 630 post(s)
I never do preorders from any where. Too many people have gotten their carts wayyyy after the release date and others who waited got the carts right away at a cheaper price. I like OMC otherwise, but I refuse to do preorders.
 1 user thanked MamasScrappin for this useful post.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2010 3:57:12 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1392 time(s) in 1102 post(s)
I only pre-ordered once, can't remember where from. There were others that got their carts before I got mine by just waiting until they were actually released. So, I do not pre-order now. I love the cart I pre-ordered, but now I just wait.

1 user thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
scrappinUPstyle Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2010 4:00:05 PM(UTC)
scrappinUPstyle

Was thanked: 211 time(s) in 151 post(s)
I'm also waiting for my Birthday Bash preorder from OMC. No more preorders for me either!Mad
 1 user thanked scrappinUPstyle for this useful post.
Meg Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2010 4:04:22 PM(UTC)
Meg

Was thanked: 236 time(s) in 118 post(s)
They tend to be slow with preorders, in my experience. I've seen carts in stores before I've received "preorders" from OMC.

Their prices are just so tempting sometimes, though!
 1 user thanked Meg for this useful post.
TheSingingCrafter Offline
#11 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2010 4:35:11 PM(UTC)
TheSingingCrafter

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 22 post(s)
I ordered on 10/1/10 and still haven’t gotten my Happy Hauntings although I ordered while it was in stock. Now on the website it states it will ship on 10 15 but still hasn't gotten it and they are still taking orders. Needless to say I will not order from them again. I think it is unethical to take money without sending out an item. Oh by the way, two emails and still no response. I'm thinking about contacting better business bureau.
 1 user thanked TheSingingCrafter for this useful post.
GailHamilton Offline
#12 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2010 5:46:04 PM(UTC)
GailHamilton

TheSingingCrafter wrote:
I ordered on 10/1/10 and still haven’t gotten my Happy Hauntings although I ordered while it was in stock. Now on the website it states it will ship on 10 15 but still hasn't gotten it and they are still taking orders. Needless to say I will not order from them again. I think it is unethical to take money without sending out an item. Oh by the way, two emails and still no response. I'm thinking about contacting better business bureau.

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that you haven't gotten your item yet. By the time you do, you won't have any time to create anything for Halloween. Crying That is too bad. I hope it comes this week for you.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Like I said, I have never pre-ordered but I just really want to get that cartridge as soon as I can and I was thinking that pre-ordering would accomplish that. It appears from all the posts that I am better off just waiting until it is released. I hope that it is released to the stores soon. I am thinking that as soon as it is, I will be making a trip into the city. :)
Annabella Offline
#13 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2010 5:54:52 PM(UTC)
Annabella

United States

Was thanked: 624 time(s) in 509 post(s)
I Pre-Ordered Serenade from them on 3/8. After many e-mails and excused I received my cartridge on 6/15. By then even the going price on e-bay had gone down. I learned my lesson. It willl be available sooner by waiting, in my opinion!!!
 1 user thanked Annabella for this useful post.
misty Offline
#14 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 1:59:48 AM(UTC)
misty

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 28 post(s)
i ordered happy halloween on oct 8th email them this is the reply i received on oct 21st
Dear Customer,

Thank you for your loyalty to our company and your continued patience regarding the release of the Happy Hauntings cartridge. If you are unfamiliar with the situation, allow me to quickly explain.

Provo Craft first announced this cartridge would be available for shipment several weeks ago. Due to an unforeseen problem they had in manufacturing and shipping this item, they delayed all shipments for several weeks. However, we have just received word from our representative that ProvoCraft is currently working to get all shipments in transit within the next week.

We know this is frustrating news, especially for those of you who have been waiting a long period of time for this item. We are very sorry and frustrated as well that we will not be able to deliver the product(s) you ordered with us in a timely manner as expected.

as i am in the uk there is no chance i will get it before halloween i wanted to make the coffin treat box

LisaDePugh Offline
#15 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 2:41:43 AM(UTC)
LisaDePugh

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 215 post(s)
OMC is a good company to deal with, I just get impatient sometimes. Their pre-orders to tend to take a lot longer to ship though. I just got my Happy Hauntings and Christmas Village on Saturday, ordered them on 9/26. Sometimes they ship your orders out immediately and sometimes it takes a few weeks. What can we expect with free shipping, right? If you want to expedite an in-stock order you always have the option of paying extra for shipping. I try not to order anything online that I have to have by a certain date. If I need it that bad I go to the store to buy it. Otherwise, I figure I've lived without it this long, it's not going to kill me to wait a couple of weeks.
♪MMcKinney♫ Offline
#16 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 5:17:51 AM(UTC)
♪MMcKinney♫

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I have purchased atleast 45 carts with them and I love them. They do ship pretty fast and get your items to you. They do have to wait on their pre-ordered carts to arrive, but I have a friend that ordered a cart pre-order about a month ago and she had it before they were available on the cricut website to purchase. If they are having a huge sale they do run out of carts and process them in the order that they were ordered. I had to wait for about 5 days for them to get it back in stock but I can understand having to wait to restock. That is better than my Michaels they took a month to get a cart in for me that I got a rain check on, I ordered it from OMC instead becuase they put it on sale for $20 and had it for 3 weeks before Michaels ever called. Sorry if this is too much but this has been my experience with them.
LinAnn Offline
#17 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 5:24:20 AM(UTC)
LinAnn

Was thanked: 440 time(s) in 300 post(s)
I've preordered from several on line stores, and they're all having trouble receiving product. I think PC caters to their larger accounts first. In fact "M's" is not getting their full orders, according to the manager at mine. Smile
Runningmomof2 Offline
#18 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 5:40:17 AM(UTC)
Runningmomof2

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1075 time(s) in 503 post(s)
I am on the fence about ohmycrafts. I LOVE their prices. I just ordered Rock Princess, an embossing folder, 2 small cuttlebug cutters and a large one. Total with shipping was only $31!!!!! You could not get that at M's or J's. However, it took 8 days to ship and then 4 more to get it. I have never pre-ordered. I do not like to play the ebay game, just not good at it. So, for the low prices I guess it is worth the wait.
Bijou17 Offline
#19 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 5:59:29 AM(UTC)
Bijou17

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 30 post(s)
I have ordered from OMC several times with no problems. I preordered carts from them a couple different times and finally decided that I'd not do that again. Prices are good, but delivery on preorders is usually far behind others. Everytime I preordered, I'd see it available other places quite a bit before I received mine.
NuggetsMom Offline
#20 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 6:01:07 AM(UTC)
NuggetsMom

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 45 post(s)
i found paper lace at my michaels store last week.....so maybe check ur m's?? I don't do pre-orders from omc. Find they are the last to get the cartridges! good luck!

sabine